Suspicious Bag Alert in North Pattaya

webfact

Suspicious Bag Alert in North Pattaya

bomb-4.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Bomb Disposal Officers were called to the front of a Market in North Pattaya on Saturday Afternoon after two suspicious bags were found inside a Refuse Bin in front of a market popular with foreigners.

EOD officers were called to the front of the Pattaya Bazaar Market by Khun Jun aged 61 who earlier saw a man, presumed to be Thai, place two bags inside a refuse bin.

One was a large rucksack and the other was a child’s rucksack and both appeared to be extremely heavy according to EOD officers. Carefully, they opened the rucksacks and to their relief both contained clothes and stones.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/217897/suspicious-bag-alert-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-14

I witnessed this chaos first hand.

God help us if there really was a bomb planted! There were about 15-20 BiB there, one EOD guy that I saw, and a Sophon cameraman.

I initially thought it was a drill, or PR stunt, as there was a BiB sitting within 10m of the, "packages" with a pile of DL's and going through his fines book (I presumed they had been there all afternoon stopping bikes).

There were people still sitting in the adjacent restaurant, people still using the adjacent zebra crossing from Best across Nua, and I walked straight up to the, "bombs", about 2m from them, where they had been relocated from the bin, and had a couple of sandbags and tires placed around them, without any sort of barrier in place and nobody stopped me or informed me, until some sort of plain clothes old bill shouted at me to get away from there.

Traffic was halted westbound on Nua, about 50m from the packages, eastbound was allowed to run freely. There was absolutely no sign of anyone being in charge of the situation, there were no warnings, no barriers, no idea of safe distance (how could they know without knowing what type of explosive they were potentially dealing with) or exclusion zone.

If these packages had been bombs, and were detonated, I dread to think what the outcome would have been.

Utter shambles!! As you would expect here....

PS, when we drove past a few minutes later (after being in the front row of the halted traffic for about 10 mins, and presumably after the packages had been declared safe) I noticed that the EOD guy had his green bomb disposal gear on.....and a pair of white trainers, don't know if he'd just changed footwear, or whether he was wearing them whilst inspecting the packages.

Edited by Woody1

At least they do check suspicious bags , would be more worried f they didnt react . I woild have ran like a chicken if I saw this happening in front of me

Edited by balo

I witnessed this chaos first hand.

God help us if there really was a bomb planted! There were about 15-20 BiB there, one EOD guy that I saw, and a Sophon cameraman.

I initially thought it was a drill, or PR stunt, as there was a BiB sitting within 10m of the, "packages" with a pile of DL's and going through his fines book (I presumed they had been there all afternoon stopping bikes).

There were people still sitting in the adjacent restaurant, people still using the adjacent zebra crossing from Best across Nua, and I walked straight up to the, "bombs", about 2m from them, where they had been relocated from the bin, and had a couple of sandbags and tires placed around them, without any sort of barrier in place and nobody stopped me or informed me, until some sort of plain clothes old bill shouted at me to get away from there.

Traffic was halted westbound on Nua, about 50m from the packages, eastbound was allowed to run freely. There was absolutely no sign of anyone being in charge of the situation, there were no warnings, no barriers, no idea of safe distance (how could they know without knowing what type of explosive they were potentially dealing with) or exclusion zone.

If these packages had been bombs, and were detonated, I dread to think what the outcome would have been.

Utter shambles!! As you would expect here....

PS, when we drove past a few minutes later (after being in the front row of the halted traffic for about 10 mins, and presumably after the packages had been declared safe) I noticed that the EOD guy had his green bomb disposal gear on.....and a pair of white trainers, don't know if he'd just changed footwear, or whether he was wearing them whilst inspecting the packages.

Unbelievable !!!

Secure the area with 2 sandbags and a tyre. Absolutely unbelievable !!

And a secure perimeter of 2 metres. Even more unbelievable !!

some sick people around think this stuff is funny

I don't think this was designed to be funny.

Stones... could be for 2 purposes, for making the bags sink in water OR for making the bags appear heavy for whatever purpose.

If it was a bomb plant test, then I wonder why 2 bags?

If the purpose was to sink them in water, then I wonder why the bags ended up in a garbage bin instead. Someone got lazy or missed the boat?

and why would the bags have to disappear?

do the clothes belong to a murder victim whose body has yet to be discovered?