Honda Click alternative

gezginrocker

Hello,

When I go to Koh Phangan I'm always renting a bike. And almost always they are giving a Honda Click. The problem is, this is a very light bike and I don't feel safe on it, I feel safer on heavier bikes.

For example, the last time I was in Phangan I rented a Honda Airblade. I felt really safe on it, but the problem is it was an old model and was very thirsty. I was spending too much money on petrol, so I returned back to Click.

My question is, are there any heavier Click alternatives that are not very thirsty?

Thanks

The PCX 150cc is a great bike but is going to cost more than a little extra .i.e,a monthly deal is typically B4000 versus as little as B2,500 for the Click .As the OP was complaining about the fuel costs for an Airblade he must be on an extremely tight budget .P.S,The price of petrol has come down a lot in the past year .Now around B25 a liter.

Edited by anto

The PCX 150cc is a great bike but is going to cost more than a little extra .i.e,a monthly deal is typically B4000 versus as little as B2,500 for the Click .As the OP was complaining about the fuel costs for an Airblade he must be on an extremely tight budget .P.S,The price of petrol has come down a lot in the past year .Now around B25 a liter.

Yep that's right, I'm on a tight budget. I was paying 3000b for monthly rental of a Click or an Airblade. The thing is, filling the gas tank of Click costs about 100 baht and it goes about a week for my usage. On the other hand, filling the tank of Airblade costs about 150 baht, and it was finished in almost 2-3 days. So I had to fill it completely twice during 1 week. 300b vs 100b.

Just make a Google search for "airblade thirsty", and many Thavisa topics come by. So I think I'm not the only one who thinks it's a thirsty bike.

Well I have an airblade and 100b fills the tank not 150. yes it is maybe thirsty compared to a click, but an extra 100 baht per week is like 1/2 beers... If your budget is that tight that this is expensive, so therefore you are prepared to compromise your feeling of safety then i don't know what to say. You don't have enough money to appreciate this country springs to mind. Others have suggested the PCX and rightly so, but it will likely cost you more in rental fees then you would have spent on petrol for the airblade, and way more in damages should you drop/crash it.

Well I have an airblade and 100b fills the tank not 150. yes it is maybe thirsty compared to a click, but an extra 100 baht per week is like 1/2 beers... If your budget is that tight that this is expensive, so therefore you are prepared to compromise your feeling of safety then i don't know what to say. You don't have enough money to appreciate this country springs to mind. Others have suggested the PCX and rightly so, but it will likely cost you more in rental fees then you would have spent on petrol for the airblade, and way more in damages should you drop/crash it.

Yeah, you beat me to the point. If someone is complaining about the expensive gas use on a motorbike, they've lost the plot.

My PCX gets 50 km/L or 117 MPG according to the onboard computer. Click gets a little more, probably.

Yeah, you beat me to the point. If someone is complaining about the expensive gas use on a motorbike, they've lost the plot.

My PCX gets 50 km/L or 117 MPG according to the onboard computer. Click gets a little more, probably.

The new Click 125 i with fuel injection yes .

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Bali at the moment and I found the perfect click alternative: Honda Vario. It is a heavy bike, and not thirsty at all. Just with half a tank of petrol, I did 3 full day trips around Bali, and there was still petrol inside when I gave it back. Too bad it isn't available in Thailand.

Btw, Balinese are such a nice bunch of people that they don't even ask for your passport or deposit money. And they don't try to extract money from you because of a scratch, all bikes are old anyways. Thai motorbike rental shops are treating foreigners really horribly, even the most trustworthy ones.

Edited by gezginrocker

I'm in Bali at the moment and I found the perfect click alternative: Honda Vario. It is a heavy bike, and not thirsty at all. Just with half a tank of petrol, I did 3 full day trips around Bali, and there was still petrol inside when I gave it back. Too bad it isn't available in Thailand.

Btw, Balinese are such a nice bunch of people that they don't even ask for your passport or deposit money. And they don't try to extract money from you because of a scratch, all bikes are old anyways. Thai motorbike rental shops are treating foreigners really horribly, even the most trustworthy ones.

You can afford to go to Bali but can't afford an extra 100B per week in fuel for an airblade?

By the way, the Honda Vario is a Honda Click, they just use a different name.

To all the people who are questioning my budget, unfortunately you people are the ignorant face of Thaivisa Forum. You people are so bloody ignorant that you automatically assume everyone at this forum is coming from a developed country like you.

Well I've news for you, I'm coming from a DEVELOPING country. Ever heard of that? My currency is extremely weak against dollar, yes I've a very tight budget, and yes I've to count every single baht.

I came here asking only a simple advice, yet ended up being ridiculed about my tight budget. You people are really disgusting, I may not not have much money as all of you, but certainly I have more decency, I don't automatically assume everyone is same. I would say "shame on you", only if you people knew the maning of shame.

And to that idiot who is questioning my Bali trip, I'm writing this from a HOSTEL, and I bought my ticket from Airasia 6 months ago so it would be dirt cheap. You people are really, horribly disgusting.

Edited by gezginrocker

What about the honda MOOVE? A slightly improved version of the honda click. I think it is a variant of the click 125cc.

To all the people who are questioning my budget, unfortunately you people are the ignorant face of Thaivisa Forum. You people are so bloody ignorant that you automatically assume everyone at this forum is coming from a developed country like you........ You people are really, horribly disgusting.

You have to have a thick skin sometimes here in a forum environment. In real life the foreigners are much less trolling. Edited by 4evermaat

If you are on a tight budget there is nothing cheaper than the "skinflint special" Wave, my 110i does 200mpg, I guess it will be as fast as the click, with a more efficient geartrain, if not a 125i. They are cheap to hire and very safe to ride and handle well.

You will have to change gear yourself though and if you are a style guru, you may have the fashion police after you.

Yes, a market traders bike, but hey Del Boy was a market trader and look how cool he was.......

Walk, has advantages over a motorcycle - safer, cheaper, you see more of the countryside, fits in with an arrogant rude, developing world person that you are, no doubt you drive without a licence anyway.

have a nice day here on Thaivisa, the hub of entertainment

I believe the airblade will get around 37 km/liter if driven reasonably (not full throttle all the time) and the pcx around 45 or so. The airblade does have a small tank which leads many to believe it gets worse mileage than it does. If you get the fuel injected airblade you should get around 40 km/liter.

What all this about kid, we are all just offering you an opinion, often with of humour thrown in?

I think the problem you have as a non-Farang is you don't get some of our quips. You perhaps think the being called a "cheap Charlie" or "skinflint" is an insult, but I for me I think it is a big compliment, as being called that in public keeps the gold diggers away and the girls have to love me for my looks and magic personality.

I ride a Honda Wave because it gives me reliable wheels for the lowest possible price, so I suggested it to you for that very reason.

I guarantee I was poorer than you at you age, here is are some typical stories relating to those days....

What about the honda MOOVE? A slightly improved version of the honda click. I think it is a variant of the click 125cc.

To all the people who are questioning my budget, unfortunately you people are the ignorant face of Thaivisa Forum. You people are so bloody ignorant that you automatically assume everyone at this forum is coming from a developed country like you........ You people are really, horribly disgusting.

You have to have a thick skin sometimes here in a forum environment. In real life the foreigners are much less trolling.

To answer your question, personally, I'd go with the PCX or the Moove.

And you're right, seems like most posters on here would rather just bash someone for asking a simple question. Seems people can't just ask a simple question without being ridiculed for any number of things. A lot of really sad people on here that seem to only gain enjoyment from ridiculing others over the internet.

To all the people who are questioning my budget, unfortunately you people are the ignorant face of Thaivisa Forum. You people are so bloody ignorant that you automatically assume everyone at this forum is coming from a developed country like you.

Well I've news for you, I'm coming from a DEVELOPING country. Ever heard of that? My currency is extremely weak against dollar, yes I've a very tight budget, and yes I've to count every single baht.

I came here asking only a simple advice, yet ended up being ridiculed about my tight budget. You people are really disgusting, I may not not have much money as all of you, but certainly I have more decency, I don't automatically assume everyone is same. I would say "shame on you", only if you people knew the maning of shame.

And to that idiot who is questioning my Bali trip, I'm writing this from a HOSTEL, and I bought my ticket from Airasia 6 months ago so it would be dirt cheap. You people are really, horribly disgusting.

Whoooa,,,,, slow down fella. I dont think you are being ridiculed, there are plenty of people here on tight budgets.

The reason why I see people questioning your budget is your reaction to 100 baht difference. Ok, so it is more but 100 baht is very small money even to locals in Thailand. It will buy you a good lunch and a can of drink and not much else.

So for me if safety is your concern then the PCX150 is the way to go as it is a much sturdier bike and is still very economical to run due to the very well engineered Honda engine. If you can't stretch your budget to fit then i'm sorry to say you are probably stuck with the Click.

Hope you have safe journey to Thailand.

Easy Choice--The Honda PCX which is like the Airblade on Steroids

Thanks for your reply. Also, do you know if this model is widely available at motorbike rental shops? And is it more expensive to rent then models like Click?

Just ask for a PCX ,and yes they are more expensive than a click... Off season, so deal for better price and longer rental..

Would be interesting to hear what country you are from?

1/2 beer cost 100baht?

That include BJ.?

Have you considered a bicycle? Very safe due to lower speeds, cheap to rent and zero fuel costs.

I'm not on a tight budget like you, but use a bicycle myself all the time even in Bangkok on long stretches.

On a small island like Phangan with a sea breeze and no heavy traffic it would be perfect.

My goal would be to aim for a PCX as you can probably buy one on finance for the price you're paying in rental. If you don't have the required paperwork then perhaps you have a trusted Thai friend that will front that for you?

As already suggested a Honda Wave would be cheaper, and almost runs on fresh air. Don't forget the option of a bicycle, which sounds reasonable considering the Kilometers you're doing.

If budget is tight and you have some kind of mishap with the bike, then a rental could turn into a nightmare depending on their insurance and/or integrity.