Bangkok-Chonburi motorway submerged last night

webfact

Bangkok-Chonburi motorway submerged last night

11998147_10153637874023637_374033384_n-w

CHONBURI: -- The Bangkok-Chonburi motorway was submerged by flash flood last night stranding vehicles on both inbound and outbound lanes for hours.

The motorway or Highway 7 was flooded for 300 metres near Kilometre 116-117 in Tambon Pong, Bang Lamung district of Chonburi with water level measuring at 1.20 metres following heavy downpour last night.

The flooded section was underneath the Kratinglai-Rayong highway flyover.

A van and a Honda Jazz were stuck in the floodwater as drivers were unaware of the flooded section which at the time have no warning sign.

Motorway rescue workers have dried up the submerged motorway and open it to traffic early this morning.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkok-chonburi-motorway-submerged-last-night

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-15

Kilometer 116-117 is SOUTH of Laem Chabang. Hardly what I would call the Bangkok Chon Buri motorway. In fact, that is right at the old exit to Pattaya, before they finished the extention into Pattaya.

And yes, that area is in something of a hollow.

Edited by WhizBang

Kilometer 116-117 is SOUTH of Laem Chabang. Hardly what I would call the Bangkok Chon Buri motorway. In fact, that is right at the old exit to Pattaya, before they finished the extention into Pattaya.

.....and what would you call it , since Bangkok-Chonburi motorway does not meet your fancy. Perhaps the WhizBang motorway would be better for you. I believe the nit has been picked !

.....and what would you call it , since Bangkok-Chonburi motorway does not meet your fancy. Perhaps the WhizBang motorway would be better for you. I believe the nit has been picked !

Chonburi - Pattaya bypass road..???

Perhaps you should get out a map and check the locations of Bangkok, Chon Buri, Pattaya and kilo marker 116 before commenting.

The 'Bangkok Chon Buri Motorway' runs between Bangkok and Chon Buri. It is the toll road. The rest of the road (Highway 7) is not a toll road... yet.

C'mon entrepenuers use your heads and invest in boats, waders, life jackets,

scuba gear, etc., as the BIG ONE is on it's way !

Nahhh, news next week will be drought caused by global warming. Oh wait, the current deluge of rain is caused by climate change. No wait, Thailand will see record number of Chinese tourists that hardly spend a lick so the local economy will magically be improved.

Perhaps you should get out a map and check the locations of Bangkok, Chon Buri, Pattaya and kilo marker 116 before commenting.

The 'Bangkok Chon Buri Motorway' runs between Bangkok and Chon Buri. It is the toll road. The rest of the road (Highway 7) is not a toll road... yet.

Highway No7 in its totality is known as the Bangkok Chonburi motorway. The No 7 does not go to Chonburi, it passes about 10 ks to the east. My house sits between the Chonburi bypass and the No 7. The tolls are slowly moving south, the ones at Phanat Nikhom and Chonburi interchanges have only recently opened.

Well, if you make it through that section then there is a new challenge under construction in Pattaya town. The underpass at Central Pattaya Road, which should be finished in only 2 ½ years from now will offer really nose-diving alternatives. Missus suggested to open a shop to rent oxygen bottles for the trip and those who make it can get a refill of O at a nominal charge.
Life is good, specially if managed by such skilled experts as our hosts wai2.gif

Was back to normal in the morning at 07:45, but flooded again by mid-afternoon.

This is the last major exit before Pattaya. Do they call it the Bangkok - Chonburi motorway? I thought it was the Bangkok - Pattaya motorway?

Pattaya is Chonburi. It is the way that Thais use, Chonburi used on its own generally refers to the province.

Buying a ticket from BKK to Chonburi would be like buying a ticket from Manchester to Yorkshire.

Was back to normal in the morning at 07:45, but flooded again by mid-afternoon.

This is the last major exit before Pattaya. Do they call it the Bangkok - Chonburi motorway? I thought it was the Bangkok - Pattaya motorway?

Pattaya is Chonburi. It is the way that Thais use, Chonburi used on its own generally refers to the province.

Buying a ticket from BKK to Chonburi would be like buying a ticket from Manchester to Yorkshire.

Some signs in Pattaya pointing toward it just say "Bangkok Motorway" and it clear now since very early morning. If I could read Thai I'm sure I would know the name of a lot of roads and places that I don't know! Even the English sign posts are often very hard to remember written in phonetic Thai.