Entry problem

I have been denied entry because of accusation of marijuana possession. There is nothing in police records in Patang Phuket about an arrest or of any wrongdoing whatsoever. I have a friend police that is taking this information to immagray in Phuket.

I was able to enter and reenter long enough to get my daughter out of harms way. Now non blood relatives are caring for her adequately but I need this to go away.

I am waiting for news back from police and immigration but I need legal advice to insure this misinformation is corrected . What's more I was had a 1month visa extension at Phuket immigration but after a Penang non b visa run was turned away at Sadao. I need big help to clear my name. Thank you.

Edited by donamigos1
  • Like 1

You posted this previously - you were deported on an arrest warrant. If this is the same matter having a record in Thailand has nothing to do with your not being allowed entry - but the fact you were deported - so expect you would need to prove that deportation was for an offence you have been cleared of - but even then if drug related not sure of outcome.

Posted by donamigos1 on 2015-04-27 10:35:12 in Thai visas, residency and work permits
I was deported back to America for an old warrant I had. Even though I resolved the issue there since I was deported Thailand blacklists automatically. Therefore, until the 99 year law changes I'll be working on establishing myself in the region and do my daughter's paperwork with the embassies in KL and Bangkok.
Thank you all for your input. I'm sorry for getting emotional. But at least I found out where I stand. Cheers Mates, God speed to all. DH

Sounds like you did a bad thing...

Bad things have consequences...

Drugs in Thailand, no matter if its for personal use or not or if you believe it should be ok.... really doesnt matter, because its a big thing in Thailand and most of the world knows not to do it....

You did and tried to buy your way out....

I dont agree with what you did, but as a dad, I understand the anguish of a child out of your reach.

PM me and I will give you the contact details of a lawyer that will help

• Like 1

Seems to a mere mortal like me you have been lucky, you are free today if you have parted with quite a lot of money obviously there is no smoke without fire

Do not even think about coming back, Cuba, Costa Rica, Colombia, Cambodia Vietnam to name but a few

If you have a few spare millions go to lawyers let them do the necessary and clear you, but then you will probably put yourself back in the hole

• Like 1

Wow...it never occurred to me that guys on here would actually go to a person's profile to check out his story....I'm truly astonished, really. I can't imagine why?... Myself, I just normally read a post and take it or leave it, comment if I feel I have something useful to contribute and leave it if I don't....can't imagine why I would want to be a detective with a story.

Regarding this one, it does sound strange that the OP on two previous occasions stated he was "deported" (not a word I would use lightly, especially if it was not the case) and states now he needs legal advice, presumably he was seeking same advice on here. If you want legal advice obviously a Lawyer is your best place to get it.

Don,

Go get a Lawyer. But your first sentence is misleading...."I have been denied entry because of accusation of marijuana possession." No accusation as you were caught and charged with possession. You haven't been entirely honest here and I notice you have switched your profile off.

Wow...it never occurred to me that guys on here would actually go to a person's profile to check out his story....I'm truly astonished, really. I can't imagine why?... Myself, I just normally read a post and take it or leave it, comment if I feel I have something useful to contribute and leave it if I don't....can't imagine why I would want to be a detective with a story.

Regarding this one, it does sound strange that the OP on two previous occasions stated he was "deported" (not a word I would use lightly, especially if it was not the case) and states now he needs legal advice, presumably he was seeking same advice on here. If you want legal advice obviously a Lawyer is your best place to get it.

Probably because they want to help?

If you don't want to help, no need to comment or even read the thread. For those of us that do, there's nothing difficult about clicking a mouse a few times to check out more details about something. Especially in this case where the facts are very confusing and the story keeps changing.

• Like 1

So instead of doing the proper thing, which would be to hire a lawyer, you come on ThaiVisa for advice from people with no Thai legal experience and expect to get helpful advice. What a joke.

In addition he is not honest enough to furnish us with all the relevant facts and history so how on earth can he expect to receive accurate helpful advice.

If he goes to a Lawyer and also does that even a Lawyer will not be able to help him.

Strikes me the Op is a real buffoon.

Sounds like you did a bad thing...

Bad things have consequences...

Drugs in Thailand, no matter if its for personal use or not or if you believe it should be ok.... really doesnt matter, because its a big thing in Thailand and most of the world knows not to do it....

You did and tried to buy your way out....

I dont agree with what you did, but as a dad, I understand the anguish of a child out of your reach.

PM me and I will give you the contact details of a lawyer that will help

Consider your next vacation to Washington State or Colorado in the US. All the pot you want to smoke, no problems with immigration or the cops. Leave your unfinished bag in your rental car. Good tip for the car cleaners. In Thailand, stay away from illegal drugs.