Nattawut, Veerakarn, Weng, Viphuthalaeng sentenced to 4 years, 4 month in prison

webfact

Didn't that protest leader who quickly became a monk after the coup lead thousands of protesters to occupy government offices and surround Slingluck's resident and The Royal Thai Police headquarters? If he didn't get 4 and 4 then Noone should. 4 years 4 months must be the sentence one must serve under Article 44.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't that protest leader who quickly became a monk after the coup lead thousands of protesters to occupy government offices and surround Slingluck's resident and The Royal Thai Police headquarters? If he didn't get 4 and 4 then Noone should. 4 years 4 months must be the sentence one must serve under Article 44.

The leaders never go to jail. You can bet that these guys weren't acting on their own either.

Just waiting for the next article to read "jail term suspended for 5 years"

Wait for it. Wait for it.

Those reds never seem to spend a day in jail.

Yes, that's why the detention centers and prisons are full of red shirt protesters and supporters. Many of them on lm charges. How many high profile Suthep supporters can you count in the prisons.

Get your facts straight.

But they don't maim or kill people. Neither do they burn buildings or commit LM as they love the royal family, but simply protest peacefully - there's your answer!!!

POLITICS

Reds leaders get jail sentence over invasion of Prem's home

THE NATION

30268957-02_big.jpg

Look at the smile on his face... after many attitude adjustments, and slaps on the wrists, he'll be out on bail in no time, wanna bet???? The smile on his face says it all....

Is there also a trial coming on the people who laid siege on the airport in 2008?

114 defendants and multiple charges but don't count on the trial convening after the same Criminal Court keep postponing. I think Nattawut and his mates are sneering at how fast the court works for the UDD.

Just waiting for the next article to read "jail term suspended for 5 years"

Wait for it. Wait for it.

Those reds never seem to spend a day in jail.

Yes, that's why the detention centers and prisons are full of red shirt protesters and supporters. Many of them on lm charges. How many high profile Suthep supporters can you count in the prisons.

Get your facts straight.

"Yes, that's why the detention centers and prisons are full of red shirt protesters and supporters. "

So those are your 'straight facts' then ?. A list of platitudes with no actual facts at all ?. cheesy.gif

How many of those are 'high profile' red-shirt protestors ?. I mean ones who didn't get convicted for real crimes like murder because there must be a lot of them. You must compare like with like otherwise we all might think you are a hypocrite twisting facts.

Your arguments might be accepted by your like-coloured chums but you need to do better int he real world.

POLITICS

THE NATION

30268957-02_big.jpg

Look at the smile on his face... after many attitude adjustments, and slaps on the wrists, he'll be out on bail in no time, wanna bet???? The smile on his face says it all....

Nah... They are just happy Prayut replaced Marshall law with Article 44 not Article 144.

Are you people unable to see that the occupation of an airport in protest and terrorism/intimidation are completely different ?.

The fact that your only counter to all the outrageous actions of red-shirts with their shootings, attacks and intimidation is a peaceful sit-in (apart from some of the usual grenade attacks on their camp by red-shirts) speaks volumes.

Anyone who uses the airport sit-in as a defence against what happened in 2010 or the murders and intimidation during the recent protests or what these medieval throwbacks did need a sanity check. It displays a disgusting lack of ethics.

Is there also a trial coming on the people who laid siege on the airport in 2008?

114 defendants and multiple charges but don't count on the trial convening after the same Criminal Court keep postponing. I think Nattawut and his mates are sneering at how fast the court works for the UDD.

This offense was committed before the Airport occupation.

8 years to get to court - and you think that's fast?

More like sneering at how this would've gone away with the boss's Amnesty plot.

Edited by Baerboxer

This offense was committed before the Airport occupation.

8 years to get to court - and you think that's fast?

More like sneering at how this would've gone away with the boss's Amnesty plot.

cheesy.gif Excellent. Anything else to tell us which can disregard immediately because you probably just made it up Mr Loh ?.

But this case is from 2007, before the airport case in 2008 so logically this case should come first. Or is that to difficult for you to understand?

If its about money then YL will have to be in jail even longer.

Fact is that the airport seizure was bad but not half as violent as the burning of BKK

the burning of BKK

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A real tub-thumper. A bit like 'The great mass of the people'.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

No matter how delusional, there's always some cruet who'll believe it.

coffee1.gif

Annie T.................only joined the forum yesterday at 12.33 and already racked up nearly 60 posts, all of them anti-Thai or anti-government.

I think I know where this is going...........................coffee1.gif

Are you people unable to see that the occupation of an airport in protest and terrorism/intimidation are completely different ?.

The fact that your only counter to all the outrageous actions of red-shirts with their shootings, attacks and intimidation is a peaceful sit-in (apart from some of the usual grenade attacks on their camp by red-shirts) speaks volumes.

Anyone who uses the airport sit-in as a defence against what happened in 2010 or the murders and intimidation during the recent protests or what these medieval throwbacks did need a sanity check. It displays a disgusting lack of ethics.

You do realise playing the comparison game is pointless. If shutting down an international airport isnt and act or intimidation I dont know what is. Every one in this country is a product of its society, the way its run, the way its lead and the morals that are upheld both inside and outside the home.

Thai kill Thai here and there is no one better at it than the military. If you are talking about terrorism and intimidation there is no better example than a coup, regardless of the amount deaths or not it is the ultimate in terror and intimidation a country can subject its own people to.

Its not a game of politics its a game of ultimate control and power, there has only ever been one colour to really fear and its all green baby.

You do realise playing the comparison game is pointless. If shutting down an international airport isnt and act or intimidation I dont know what is. Every one in this country is a product of its society, the way its run, the way its lead and the morals that are upheld both inside and outside the home.

Thai kill Thai here and there is no one better at it than the military. If you are talking about terrorism and intimidation there is no better example than a coup, regardless of the amount deaths or not it is the ultimate in terror and intimidation a country can subject its own people to.

Its not a game of politics its a game of ultimate control and power, there has only ever been one colour to really fear and its all green baby.

.................."Thai kill Thai here and there is no one better at it than the military.".....................

Oh, and don't forget the redshirts, they are pretty good at it too. thumbsup.gif

"...redshirt leaders launching hot speeches attacking Gen Prem from their loudspeaker truck..."

Yeah, that sounds like real hard core violence there. I hate it when someone pelts me with a "hot speech".

The real reason, in my opinion, to drag out the time until the next election is so they can trump up enough charges on enough red shirts so there will be no opposition left to run in the next election. The word "purge" comes to mind.

Purge all they like.

When the election bell goes up, Suthep and his lot will still not win. The Thai will vote for someone else. And the dems know it. Hence, the committees of good people. ?

the burning of BKK

coffee1.gif

Silly me, to believe what I saw. I must be delusional, I'm sure I saw Bangkok getting set alight. In fact, I could have sworn that's exactly what the UDD said they'd do, so my ears must have been playing tricks as well as eyes.

Unpleasant though it was, the centralworld arson did not cost the country 60 billion baht or cause great loss to 2 million tourists.

Fact is that the airport seizure was bad but not half as violent as the burning of BKK

the burning of BKK

coffee1.gif

it was burning more than enough ... call it "burnings in Bangkok"

and that is VIOLENCE

what did the airport people burn?

The burning of Bangkok - What all of it? Or was it a couple of banks and a shopping center and some cars (perhaps a truck as well) - Maybe the burning of a little bit of Bangkok is more accurate? I know, not as dramatic and lacking a certain spin...but lets deal in facts and maintain a sense of perspective.

burning is burning - and it's violence

reminds me on Jengis Khan

Well, if it's 4 years for doing that then exxpect 400 years for the lunatics who took over the airport, right?

Don't want to get into an argument with you Prbkk, comparing acts of terrorism and civil disobedience, but after what happened in Bangkok in 2010 the airport protests pale into insignificance.

But you are right, the airport protesters deserve to be punished for what happened at Swampy. biggrin.png

On the airport they made it pretty smart.....They came in masses, were even officially allowed to park in the VIP area, blocked everything by just standing there and the airport stopped operation on its own for security reasons. At least officially. And everything was done by Chamlong who is a hero of the past, very old, a religious leader and don't own anything.

So they made their homework and planning first to make it difficult to punish them.

Different than the red shirts crazy.gif

The government did asked the military to stop the airport protest which Anupong refused and instead asked the government to resign. That's the difference. It was planned and collaborated to force out the government.

Thanks god it worked!

Of course it work. It had to work like numerous times before when the military take sides and bring down elected government. Thanks for confirming what I always believed. Looks like you in my camp.

elected governments? In Thailand?

yawn

nest thing you will say is democratic governments cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I was also in Bangkok and that was not small fire.

That was a goaded bunch of lunatics, incited by demagogues, who really tried to burn down the city.

On those days there was in Bangkok really civil war.

In retrospect, a coup against the Ahbisit government would have prevented the burning and the killings. The military really know how to chose a coup.

I can understand a coup against red governments - protecting the people and stopping the burglars - but what would have been the reason for a coup against Abhisit?

Elected, yes, but many people would like a democratic elected government......Kim Jong-un was also elected....

And they want a corruption free (well everyone can live with a 10 % corruption, but not with what the Shinawatras took) that does not abuse power and don't shoot random people.

I am continually amazed that so many farangs in Thailand support military dictatorship for Thailand - but support democracy in their home countries. It's so schizophrenic.

just check the options in Thailand

the burning of BKK

coffee1.gif

Annie T.................only joined the forum yesterday at 12.33 and already racked up nearly 60 posts, all of them anti-Thai or anti-government.

I think I know where this is going...........................coffee1.gif

thanks for the warning - those shills just change their name

POLITICS

THE NATION

30268957-02_big.jpg

The judiciary is weak. They know that and taunt them.

A penalty of 4 years and 4 months in prison here means not, that one is behind bars.

All politicians, regardless of t-shirt color, and all corrupt people would act more cautiously,

when appeal hearings would be possible only from custody out via lawyers.

But that presupposes a quick appeal trial hearing.

The process procedures must necessarily be streamlined.

Prosecution, then trial within one year.

Appeals trials within 3 months.

I do not think that there will be much new facts in this case.

Normally, an appeal must be well founded.

In Thailand it is suffice only to say that you want to appeal.

After 5 hours, there is then already the release.

With this procedure, the Courts makes thermselfs to a puppet theater.

What was the justification for granting an appeal hearing?

Is the punishment unjust or what?

The bail regulations are partly also incomprehensible.

There are cases where confessed murderer be released on bail.

It is incomprehensible that even here, several legal proceedings are not drawn together by the prosecution.

You can also rob 10 banks, and each bank robbery will be then a separate trial.

No wonder that they laugh like that.

"...redshirt leaders launching hot speeches attacking Gen Prem from their loudspeaker truck..."

Yeah, that sounds like real hard core violence there. I hate it when someone pelts me with a "hot speech".

The real reason, in my opinion, to drag out the time until the next election is so they can trump up enough charges on enough red shirts so there will be no opposition left to run in the next election. The word "purge" comes to mind.

Purge all they like.

When the election bell goes up, Suthep and his lot will still not win. The Thai will vote for someone else. And the dems know it. Hence, the committees of good people. ?

what can this government do, if they want democracy

educate people, inform them and make them interested

- or play the Thaksin manipulation game?

.................."Thai kill Thai here and there is no one better at it than the military.".....................

Oh, and don't forget the redshirts, they are pretty good at it too. thumbsup.gif

Perhaps that is a symptom of continuous military meddling and elitism in a society that is grossly unequal and morally bankrupt.

If you treat people like animals, then they will at times behave like animals. Do it long enough and it becomes almost self perpetuating.

Its really very simple basic stuff but then thats the problem here isnt it ? they dont even care or want to understand the basics.