US: Outcry after Muslim teen is detained over homemade clock

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a statement from the teacher(s) and police?

Hearing one side of the story, especially with CAIR involved should preclude opinions being formed. We should all remember the poor woman murdered in the States who they attempted to make into a martyr until the fact her husband killed her for seeking a divorce was unveiled.

Better bodies still intact, than politically correct.

I can see the optics on this story don't look so good, but if there was a concern about a bomb, they really had no choice but to react.

The "optics"? LOL. If they really thought it was a bomb, the school, or at the VERY least the building, should have been evacuated and the bomb squad called.

The "optics" are a sad indictment on rednecks.

An opportunity like this was too much for the Potus to miss.

Perhaps so. However, I think what he is doing is fine. Americans do need reminders to avoid Islamophobia especially towards American Muslims who are so much better integrated in the USA than European Muslims. Some bad apples shouldn't unfairly impact on the majority of American Muslims.

the transformer is sitting there fully exposed mate with 240vac ready for anyone to poke a finger on, I didn't go into that much detail becacse most here wouldn't quite understand it, this thing is still dangerous to anyone touching it that doesn't understand it

120 VAC tongue.png

just out of curiosity...

How would you react, if any person which you don't know thru and thru, would open a similar briefcase and it shows this kind of content...

It depends a lot of the exact situation what did happen for real... if my own teacher would decide that it looks to much as a bomb-clock device... it surely looks that way, i mean the teachers reaction.

In that case the teacher should be sued for everything he has...

May his crotch gets infested with the lice of a 1000 camels... and his hands to short to scratch...

the transformer is sitting there fully exposed mate with 240vac ready for anyone to poke a finger on, I didn't go into that much detail becacse most here wouldn't quite understand it, this thing is still dangerous to anyone touching it that doesn't understand it

120 VAC tongue.png

oh yeh forgot US is 110vac unless on larger appliances that are 220

maybe just me but are you all making an assumption that the teacher who made the complaint is not a muslim ? I would have thought in that part of the country the teacher is very likely to infact be a muslim

In Irving, Texas????????? whistling.gif

what I meant was muslim attending muslim school - not unusual

well it is not a homemade clock it is a normal digital electric clock with the frame removed and is not something that would be safe to handle since it is plugged into main power with the innards exposed, touch the wrong thing and you are toast, not really something that should be brought into a classroom, as for looking like a bomb - well I guess to the uneducated anything could look like a bomb in that part of the country if it has wires connected to it

If it is indeed powered by the mains and not batteries , all the exposed "innards" would be behind the transformer & rectifier , and be a low DC voltage , completely harmless.

The US is completely out of control paranoid : a teen kisses another teen in school on a dare , and he's a sexual deviant , another brings a selfmade digital clock and considdered a terrorist bombmaker.

I agree that it looks as if it might be an electrical hazard, IF indeed that is a photo of the "clock built inside a pencil case" "with batteries and wires". From the story, and the fact that the alarm went off during class, I would say the lad built a battery powered clock and the photo is not it.

But even if that photo is THE clock...you'd call the police for an electrical hazard!

I've seen the bigger res pic now , and I stand by my words. I made things like these years ago and like Klikster already pointed out , it's only 120 VAC. If the kid made the printboard ( with a 9 V connector on, so mains is not a necessity ) , he won't have a problem with the rest. There is no electrical hazard unless he closes the metal case with the wires in the poweroutlet and damages them to cause a short that will blow a fuse. A 9 V battery will do , but such a large LED display is a drain on the battery.

Really , call the police for an electrical hazard ?

just out of curiosity...

How would you react, if any person which you don't know thru and thru, would open a similar briefcase and it shows this kind of content...

It depends a lot of the exact situation what did happen for real... if my own teacher would decide that it looks to much as a bomb-clock device... it surely looks that way, i mean the teachers reaction.

In that case the teacher should be sued for everything he has...

May his crotch gets infested with the lice of a 1000 camels... and his hands to short to scratch...

Unless I were a moron, I would be thinking, "Oh look, he built a digital clock".

well it is not a homemade clock it is a normal digital electric clock with the frame removed and is not something that would be safe to handle since it is plugged into main power with the innards exposed, touch the wrong thing and you are toast, not really something that should be brought into a classroom, as for looking like a bomb - well I guess to the uneducated anything could look like a bomb in that part of the country if it has wires connected to it

USA has 110 Volt which is not soo dangerous and and most probably the first thing is that it goes in a small converter. The teachers job would be to tell that it isn't save that way and how to improve that, not to put him in jail.

just looked closer, yes goes first into a converter....

Edited by h90

An opportunity like this was too much for the Potus to miss.

Perhaps so. However, I think what he is doing is fine. Americans do need reminders to avoid Islamophobia especially towards American Muslims who are so much better integrated in the USA than European Muslims. Some bad apples shouldn't unfairly impact on the majority of American Muslims.

Well of course. The lad has arrived by the looks of things.

http://m.jpost.com/Breaking-News/White-House-on-security-lockdown-over-unattended-package-nearby-416331

Better bodies still intact, than politically correct.

I can see the optics on this story don't look so good, but if there was a concern about a bomb, they really had no choice but to react.

The "optics"? LOL. If they really thought it was a bomb, the school, or at the VERY least the building, should have been evacuated and the bomb squad called.

The "optics" are a sad indictment on rednecks.

Rednecks and muslims have a lot in common.

That picture sure looks like a homemade something and its PERFECTLY SANE to be suspicious of a Muslim with a contraption like that on them, ESPECIALLY if you dont know what you are looking at.

Better safe than sorry and all this hoopla is the Politically Correct Brigade spouting off and in this day and age its times to throw that crap out the window.

Rubbish bigoted racial profiling and stereotyping.

What would have been "PERFECTLY SANE" in the circumstances would have been to evacuate the building, and for the police to call the bomb squad....IF THEY TRULY THOUGHT IT WAS A BOMB.

But they didn't do that which proves the teacher, the principle, and the four police are idiots OR they did not actually think it was a bomb.

And if they didn't think it was a bomb, why did they harass the boy?

What do you expect from the USA, considering that every man, woman and child has been conditioned (programmed) to distrust all muslims since 9/11/2001... Classic case of watch the shiny object, while the real evil runs amuck pulling the strings...

On the upside, this episode got the kid an invite to the White House, along with a nun that advocates abortions and an openly gay catholic priest... We truly do live in interesting times...

"Every man woman and child"? You really believe that?

That picture sure looks like a homemade something and its PERFECTLY SANE to be suspicious of a Muslim with a contraption like that on them, ESPECIALLY if you dont know what you are looking at.

Better safe than sorry and all this hoopla is the Politically Correct Brigade spouting off and in this day and age its times to throw that crap out the window.

you have really lost the plot if you are that scared of a kid only based on his religion

"Khalid Hamide, a spokesman for the mosque the family attends, appealed for politicians "to be careful with the words that they use when they refer to Muslims, because this event is not an isolated event."

And doesn't that just about say it all about the "threatening" attitude of Muslims worldwide?

"Khalid Hamide, a spokesman for the mosque the family attends, appealed for politicians "to be careful with the words that they use when they refer to Muslims, because this event is not an isolated event."

And doesn't that just about say it all about the "threatening" attitude of Muslims worldwide?

No, but your post says it all about yours.

Now there's a display of ignorance if ever I saw one!

The display is a standard LED dot matrix display, the circuitry that drives the display is home made, and the mains supply feeds a transformer and rectifying circuit to produce a low voltage DC supply, probably no more than 6V DC.

you have really lost the plot if you are that scared of a kid only based on his religion
You say that now, AFTER you know it was not a bomb, but what if it was a bomb...hmmm

Every major atrocity has muslims attached to it, so it pays to be wary.

When muslim teenagers run off to join IS, the family is always shocked that they didn't see it coming.

So how were they supposed to react? Maybe not so hard on him, granted, but they did have to react in someway, because they didn't know what it was. Obviously you in hindsight, would just do nothing?

Tell me, how do you go about checking if its a bomb or not? Shake it? Its easy now that you know.