AVG Anti-Virus can Sell your Web History

Richard-BKK

In this 21st Century electronic age, I think anyone who thinks Privacy and Internet can be used in the same sentence is naive, regardless of what any companies policy says.

Most would be shocked at the kinds of data and data mining companies like Amazon keep and use. All in the interests of 'security'.

OP, I think it's time to read George Orwell's book 1984.....thumbsup.gif

This is very true.

I recently read that Google and other search engines only scratch the surface when it comes to searches, about 20%. The article said that most of what is held about us online is located on the dark web or otherwise deep web as it is known.

In fact we never know who or what is keeping tabs on us or intruding into our privacy.

I start using a MS Windows computer as some software I use need a USB dongle that provide authorization. Normally I use Fedora, which is a Linux distribution and I never have any problems with companies wanted to sell my browsing information…

Anybody ever read… stuff before they install something… or do they only complain after the bad thing has happened… AVG even monitors your secure connections and can sell that info…

So you have AVG installed, how secure is your online banking….?

• 2 weeks later...