Yingluck & former ministers to pay half trillion baht compensation

webfact

The Ministry of Finance should be commended for breaking new legal ground, establishing the "Unsuccessful Government Policy Money Back Guarantee Program".

The opportunities are limitless.

This definitely belongs in the new Charter, along with a new branch of the Supreme Court to hear all the cases, and an appointed people's Government Refund Oversight Steering SubGroup (GROSS) to capture the true essence of democracy.

The concept of responsible government is quite novel here, and to you it seems.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ministry of Finance should be commended for breaking new legal ground, establishing the "Unsuccessful Government Policy Money Back Guarantee Program".

The opportunities are limitless.

This definitely belongs in the new Charter, along with a new branch of the Supreme Court to hear all the cases, and an appointed people's Government Refund Oversight Steering SubGroup (GROSS) to capture the true essence of democracy.

That will make the officials that notice! Failing to comply with this new Subgroup will carry the added charge of GROSS Negligence!

They ain't got that much. Like 15 billion bucks innit?

One of 'the vehicles' used to hide the huge family's wealth outside Thailand is located on the Caiman island and called 'Amply rich' (that name only...!), the Shins own it, and I wonder how many Billions of USD are already dissimulated inside that one only...

All major business in Thailand funnel their offshore businesses through these types of vehicles.

You think thaksin discovered something no one else did in Thailand?

are you suggesting even ONE BAHT of the rice scheme went in their personal pockets? the people of Thailand KNOW this is a power struggle in preparation for...... censored

Are you suggesting that they didn't profit from their scam? That they have NO interests in rice-growing, or the renting of land for rice growing?

Just how gullible are you?

Getting paid rent isn't a crime. And let's not go down the path of who are the biggest land owners in the country.

Thaksin doesn't even figure in the top 10.

i join the happy onesclap2.gif

bravo laugh.png ...take the money from those who robbed.

thats it

drunk.gifcheers!

if this is going to be a true reality, i am very happy for the thais in general because this income will benefit all of them

coffee1.gif

Especially if they like submarines.biggrin.png New prototype lunch box below.

post-232807-0-77242900-1442583169_thumb.

Edited by lostoday

600 billion is about what Suthep and Gen. Prayut cost the country in their 'rule or ruin' campaign to shut the country down so as to justify military rule.

And that is so far. By the time they have finished it will be a lot more. These are also true losses to the country whereas the rice scheme just issued some of the money to the wrong people but it stayed in the country and will be recirculated amongst all the well off. It was never lost.

................."and will be recirculated amongst all the well off. It was never lost.".....................

So, you are saying that a "subsidy" that was suppose to benefit poor rice farmers actually became a financial gain for the "well off", and that is ok ? That the money was in fact not lost at all ?

Well, if that is the case I take back everything I have ever said about the rice scam. It was in fact a roaring success ! clap2.gif

(sarcasm alert !)

The govt has spent more than it expects to receive for the rice.

Who did it give the money to? Farmers, rice mills, warehouses, trucking companies.

The money went into the economy.

But not to the poor farmers that it was intended to help.

Nice to see all the usual nutters in full flood.

No trial,

No evidence presented,

No judge,

A democratically elected Prime Minister financially destroyed.

Probably 14 million aghast voters.

The list goes on.

Perhaps other parties should be paying back for their corruptions.

Bangkok fire engines.

Aircraft carriers, blimps and GT 2000's

Etc.

Those of you who want peace in Thailand should think long and hard before rejoicing, in your juvenile way, a witch hunt and lynching.

This proposal is not exactly a direct line to harmony and reconciliation of a country that has never before been so divided.

Some of you should be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Compo

600 billion is about what Suthep and Gen. Prayut cost the country in their 'rule or ruin' campaign to shut the country down so as to justify military rule.

And that is so far. By the time they have finished it will be a lot more. These are also true losses to the country whereas the rice scheme just issued some of the money to the wrong people but it stayed in the country and will be recirculated amongst all the well off. It was never lost.

I doubt you can show where the 600 billion ( rice scam monies) went or is.I did not see it appear on asset declarations turned in. It was laundered via a few monks, crooked bankers, crooked relatives /family, etc each would get a little comp for handling and they may even have put a very small amount into local economy . By making them pay the money back they are going to get hit twice on conversion rates, lose the laundery fee and expose others involved.

Talk about squealing like a pig stuck under a gate. I just hope it comes to pass, it would set a beautiful example for future poloticians here and in other countries. Its a great idea if it works .

Not one bit of evidence exists that points at the Taksins stole 1 baht themselves or where the so called stolen money is - nothing. She is just accused of doing a lousy job which is true for most politicians and army generals posing as them. Nothing new about that. The present lot are also at it giving away loads of dosh to the villagers half of which is scammed before it arrives. There was a village meeting here last night on how to spend 500k the kind generals have donated to build a pond. The local politicians are busy carving it up and sure a pond will be built but for about 250k so where has the rest gone? This is happening all over Thailand so should the present Gov. be held accountable? It's just business as usual but at least whatever is scammed stays in the system but the continuing effect of the coup on Thailands economy is an absolute loss which is much worse.

it must be a hell of a pond if its costing 500k

a pond is basically a hole which would take a couple of hours with an excavator machine to dig and a plastic liner at the bottom ?

even with a filtration system ,500k is a rip off in a country where labourers get paid barely enough to eat

it must be a hell of a pond if its costing 500k

a pond is basically a hole which would take a couple of hours with an excavator machine to dig and a plastic liner at the bottom ?

even with a filtration system ,500k is a rip off in a country where labourers get paid barely enough to eat

Min wage is 300 baht and Som tom is 20 baht.

Good job done by PM Prayuth Chan o cha wai2.gif We salute you & the people of Thailand salute you .........

Someone needed to take control and try to get back the billions missing and wasted payed by taxpayers.

do NOT insult the people of Thailand

YOU can grovel as much as you like BUT the people of Thailand DO NOT salute him unless he has a gun (yes we know he has) and all the Thais I know do not support him your post is a presumptuous disgrace

Well unless you have done a proper survey of say 10% or even 0.01% of all the Thai people (not just the ones you know) all of what you have said is merely your opinion.

I know quite a few Thais as well from where I live but the split would be closer to 50/50, Again that is only my personal opinion.

By the way who or what gives YOU they right to speak on behalf of ALL the Thai people?

Are you actually a Thai citizen with the right to speak and vote in Thailand?

I am not and never can be but I don't presume that I have the right to speak for the Thai nation as you seem to.

Good job done by PM Prayuth Chan o cha wai2.gif We salute you & the people of Thailand salute you .........

Someone needed to take control and try to get back the billions missing and wasted payed by taxpayers.

YOU can grovel as much as you like BUT the people of Thailand DO NOT salute him unless he has a gun (yes we know he has) and all the Thais I know do not support him your post is a presumptuous disgrace

Ofcourse people in your corner don't support him but he has plenty of support if given the choice between the Shins and him I am pretty sure his support is not as low as you want it to be.

what corner? hold an ELECTION and find out! what I HATE is posters trying to speak FOR the people of Thailand whatever side they are on

you don't hear me or others posting "thank you Yingluck the people of Thailand salute you" because (even though she won the election) it's utter NONSENSE to speak for the 'people of Thailand' only elections do that

quote "what I HATE is posters trying to speak FOR the people of Thailand whatever side they are on"

But that is exactly what you ARE doing.

Well unless you have done a proper survey of say 10% or even 0.01% of all the Thai people (not just the ones you know) all of what you have said is merely your opinion.

I know quite a few Thais as well from where I live but the split would be closer to 50/50, Again that is only my personal opinion.

By the way who or what gives YOU they right to speak on behalf of ALL the Thai people?

Are you actually a Thai citizen with the right to speak and vote in Thailand?

I am not and never can be but I don't presume that I have the right to speak for the Thai nation as you seem to.

General elections were held in Thailand on 6 February 2005. With a turnout of 60.7 percent, the Thai Rak Thai Party (Thais Love Thais Party) of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra won a landslide victory. Out of 500 seats in the House of Representatives, Thaksin's party won 375 seats.

2006 his party was outlawed and he was barred from political activity.

................."and will be recirculated amongst all the well off. It was never lost.".....................

So, you are saying that a "subsidy" that was suppose to benefit poor rice farmers actually became a financial gain for the "well off", and that is ok ? That the money was in fact not lost at all ?

Well, if that is the case I take back everything I have ever said about the rice scam. It was in fact a roaring success ! clap2.gif

(sarcasm alert !)

The govt has spent more than it expects to receive for the rice.

Who did it give the money to? Farmers, rice mills, warehouses, trucking companies.

The money went into the economy.

But not to the poor farmers that it was intended to help.

That has been run around in circles a thousand times.

Fact is, people keep writing on here that they know somehow that of course Yingluk and ptp stole the 500bn when the accusation is never that.

She is accused of negligently overseeing the loss.

Rice prices went up, and small farmers managed to get a portion of the raised price by selling their rice to other farmers who could sell it. Happens in every market in Thailand. Lots are combined to share transport cost etc.

We'll wait and see what happens here.

Big brother will surely come to the party!!!

No truble for Ying Luck because chicken feed to big brother , however the rest of the mob would have to be on the never never for life! clap2.gif

it isnt chicken feed even to Mr T ,do you know what half a TRILLION looks like ?(think of a football stadium filled with pallets of cash stacked up high and youre close )

i dont even think they could pay it if they wanted to ...........

if they can ,theyre richer than anyone previously imagined

Edited by speedtripler

I see this is much to placate the anti Thaksin group. Really the demand from the Ministry of Finance has no legal binding, even if Prayuth agree. Yingluck can just ignore and there is really nothing much the MOF can do. This just political posturing on the junta's part but really has no bite.

Well I sort of agree with you up to the point where you say there is nothing much they can do.

She would not be the first PM in the world to be put in jail and neither would she be the last.

Part of Yinglucks problem is her Thai upbringing where as the younger sister she would have been expected to do as her elder brother wished.

I suspect that he told her that there would be no problems and that he would look after her. Sadly she believed him but Thaksin has a habit of protecting himself before and at the expense of anybody else, albeit family, cronies or friends. If push comes to shove he will quite happily push them under a bus to protect himself.

I honestly believe that Yingluck is a very nice person herself but unfortunately where Thaksin is concerned she is just another fish in a tank full of sharks and killer whales and is replaceable. Ask his brother in law, Somchai. After all he still has a son and 2 daughter yet to be "blooded".

I see this is much to placate the anti Thaksin group. Really the demand from the Ministry of Finance has no legal binding, even if Prayuth agree. Yingluck can just ignore and there is really nothing much the MOF can do. This just political posturing on the junta's part but really has no bite.

Well I sort of agree with you up to the point where you say there is nothing much they can do.

She would not be the first PM in the world to be put in jail and neither would she be the last.

Part of Yinglucks problem is her Thai upbringing where as the younger sister she would have been expected to do as her elder brother wished.

I suspect that he told her that there would be no problems and that he would look after her. Sadly she believed him but Thaksin has a habit of protecting himself before and at the expense of anybody else, albeit family, cronies or friends. If push comes to shove he will quite happily push them under a bus to protect himself.

I honestly believe that Yingluck is a very nice person herself but unfortunately where Thaksin is concerned she is just another fish in a tank full of sharks and killer whales and is replaceable. Ask his brother in law, Somchai. After all he still has a son and 2 daughter yet to be "blooded".

Your stereotype stops at the edge of the rice paddy.wai2.gif

She will probably just up and flee like her brother....All the money she took while in power will all be safely offshore by now anyways!!!

I honestly don't believe that she personally took anything out of the system other than the trips abroad and the jollies that she had.

She always stuck me as a follower rather than a leader and I also believe that she had no idea of what was really going on simply because nobody told her.

She was always a de jure PM whilst Thaksin was the de facto PM

Wikipedia says https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=de+jure+de+facto&oq=de+jure+definition&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i71l8.0.0.0.14597.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.serp..0.0.0.fwAaH5Gawrc

De jure (/dɨ ˈdʒʊəriː/, /deɪ-/; Classical Latin: de iúre [dɛ ˈjuːrɛ]) is an expression that means "of right, by right, according to law" (literally "from law"), as contrasted with de facto, which means "in fact, in reality" (literally "from fact").

The 2 people who I feel most sorry for are her husband, Anusorn Amornchat and her son, Supasek Amornchat, who are innocent bystanders who have nothing to do with this sorry affair yet have to face the TV and papers every day with the news dominated by the wife and mother. What yo might call unintended consequences or collateral damage.

Edited by billd766

Doesn't the fact that there has been no transparent public inquiry followed by a trial concern anyone? Basically, what we have here is a military administration demanding money form former ministers. Sorry, but this has no legal standing. Aside from the legalities, it sets a terrible precedent: The rulers of Thailand can demand money from whomever they wish. Very dangerous implications.

Apparently, some people are not into the rule of law despite their claims to the contrary as used to support the coup.

She will probably just up and flee like her brother....All the money she took while in power will all be safely offshore by now anyways!!!

I honestly don't believe that she personally took anything out of the system other than the trips abroad and the jollies that she had.

She always stuck me as a follower rather than a leader and I also believe that she had no idea of what was really going on simply because nobody told her.

Wikipedia says https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=de+jure+de+facto&oq=de+jure+definition&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i71l8.0.0.0.14597.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.serp..0.0.0.fwAaH5Gawrc

De jure (/dɨ ˈdʒʊəriː/, /deɪ-/; Classical Latin: de iúre [dɛ ˈjuːrɛ]) is an expression that means "of right, by right, according to law" (literally "from law"), as contrasted with de facto, which means "in fact, in reality" (literally "from fact").

You are like a flea at the bottom of Mount Everest (Yingluck). How or why do you think your opinion holds any merit? That Thailand allows you and I to breath the same air as her is still kind of a mystery to me. No disrespect but gosh it is like saying you know what the virgin Mary was thinking when she found out she was pregnant.

The Junta should have frozen all their assets from day 1. Any ill gotten gains have been squirreled 'offshore' a long time ago coffee1.gif

Do you know how many very rich generals there are ! Do you know how wealthy the current PM is ! Who will freeze there assets !

Do you?

You are like a flea at the bottom of Mount Everest (Yingluck). How or why do you think your opinion holds any merit? That Thailand allows you and I to breath the same air as her is still kind of a mystery to me. No disrespect but gosh it is like saying you know what the virgin Mary was thinking when she found out she was pregnant.

Do YOU think that your opinion holds any more merit than mine?

As for disrespect that is exactly what your post is.

Do you really believe that Yingluck with NO political experience at all could start in the top position (PM) and run the country from day 1?

Even her brother Thaksin called her his clone.

Yingluck and I share the same air as we are both inThailand and both legally too.

If you honestly and truly believe that Yingluck was the de facto pm you have my pity FWIW as you don't seem to have had a clue what happened while she was in charge of the country.

Doesn't the fact that there has been no transparent public inquiry followed by a trial concern anyone? Basically, what we have here is a military administration demanding money form former ministers. Sorry, but this has no legal standing. Aside from the legalities, it sets a terrible precedent: The rulers of Thailand can demand money from whomever they wish. Very dangerous implications.

Apparently, some people are not into the rule of law despite their claims to the contrary as used to support the coup.

When has evidence ( or the lack of ), rule of law, impartial judges, open assessment, political context and intellectual honesty been considered by the Shin family haters on here ?

Answer, never, with a capital F.

The obsessed hatred of all things Shin on here is truly amazing.

He was elected, she was elected, the majority of the electorate voted for them.

Their policies won the approval of the electorate.

They were and remain popular.

They will probably win the next election which is why there won't be one for a number of years.

Realise it.

Do YOU think that your opinion holds any more merit than mine?

As for disrespect that is exactly what your post is.

Do you really believe that Yingluck with NO political experience at all could start in the top position (PM) and run the country from day 1?

Even her brother Thaksin called her his clone.

Yingluck and I share the same air as we are both inThailand and both legally too.

If you honestly and truly believe that Yingluck was the de facto pm you have my pity FWIW as you don't seem to have had a clue what happened while she was in charge of the country.

Perhaps this gentleman should also participate at the pending damage settlement payments.

post-151287-0-56059200-1442589855_thumb.