Yingluck & former ministers to pay half trillion baht compensation

webfact

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one from the PT party is really taking this very serious evident by their absolute silence. Using tort law is really unprecedented and not in this scale and could backfire big time. The MOF is just laying grounds for a lawsuit and whether they will proceed is another big question mark. There simple too much generalization for their prosecutors to master enough evidence. Without going through the judiciary process, this demand has no legal binding. Too much posting here that really too much ado for nothing.

If you knew anything about Thai law, you would know that it doesn't rely on precedents.

It's not possible to put YL in prison - she would instantly become a martyr like Aung San Suu Kyi and the entire world would come down on Thailand.

The intent of this ridiculous court case and beyond-ridiculous penalty is presumably to force YL into exile, then they will have eradicated the opposition, avoided any messy internal dealings, and can start screaming 'criminal fugitive' again.

You are not serious are you? Do you think any government, embassy, diplomat, NGO, or sensible person would put Yingluck in the same class as Aung San Suu Kyi?

Have you heard about any of them specifically supporting Yingluck?

If you do, then you really are beyond help.

We don't know - she hasn't been put in jail yet.

If she does become a martyr, as did Aung San Suu Kyi,, it will be as a result of the Juntas venal stupidity.

I prefer to to wait and see, rather than accept your your foam flecked expostulations.

Ah, one of the "holy trinity" surfaces with the usual attempt at trying to ridicule any comment that dares oppose the Shins.

So, JAG - do you seriously think Yingluck is in the same ilk as ASSK?

Can you give any examples of any foreign government, diplomat or embassy specifically supporting Yingluck by name, or comparing her to any other political figure?

If you had bothered to read my post carefully and in its context, before leaping to the keyboard and joyfully firing off the opening shots in what you seem to consider a personal war, you would have seen that I said " We don't know - she hasn't been put in jail yet"

First: let me unpack that simple statement for you, just in case I was not that clear. Sarcastic I know, but then it is a manner you seem to habitually use.

"We don't know" - that can be taken as meaning that, well, we (and I suppose that may include your "holy trinity"), um, don't know.

Why don't we know? Well, because she has not been put in jail yet.

As others have pointed out, she may well never be put in jail. In which case, at the risk of confusing matters, we may never know.

Secondly, the fact that we disagree fundamentally on a wide range of issues does not mean that I am obliged to quote you links, names, press articles or statements to prove an opinion. It is just that, an opinion, as indeed are your views. TVF is not a court of law in which commentators are required to produce conclusive evidence to support a point of view. You may have the time and opportunity to be glued to the internet amassing such detail about Yingluck, I have too rich and fulfilling a life to do that. Good afternoon.

Since Dear Leader took office

Campaign for 'Quality tourists', airport tax, kicking out foreigners under new visa rules, urine testing elderly tourists, the terrible handing of Koh Tao case, antagonising turkish muslims leading to... and general xenophobia at every turn

The Tourist industry hasn't exactly flourished under Prayuth.

No one from the PT party is really taking this very serious evident by their absolute silence. Using tort law is really unprecedented and not in this scale and could backfire big time. The MOF is just laying grounds for a lawsuit and whether they will proceed is another big question mark. There simple too much generalization for their prosecutors to master enough evidence. Without going through the judiciary process, this demand has no legal binding. Too much posting here that really too much ado for nothing.

Congratulations on passing the bar examination in Thai law.

I assume from your post that you are totally conversant with all aspects of Thai law and are now allowed to practise law in Thailand.

You are qualified I assume?

I thought he was a card carrying PTP member, trying to hose the situation down.

I assume from your post that you are totally conversant with all aspects of Thai law and are now allowed to practise law in Thailand.

No actually. Just common sense Mike. You don't need to be a lawyer to know the law. Tort law is a common man law, is a civil wrong like when your neghbour dog take a chunk of your leg. Don't you see the disproportionatety. Wrong use of the law, I say and certainly no grounds for the lawsuit.

Seem the aggrieved parties are nonchalant and no need for me hosing down. It's a non starter for me. Well unless Prayuth use Art 44.

No actually. Just common sense Mike. You don't need to be a lawyer to know the law. Tort law is a common man law, is a civil wrong like when your neghbour dog take a chunk of your leg. Don't you see the disproportionatety. Wrong use of the law, I say and certainly no grounds for the lawsuit.

Seem the aggrieved parties are nonchalant and no need for me hosing down. It's a non starter for me. Well unless Prayuth use Art 44.

Absolutely!

What's 500 billion Baht amongst friends? Just mislaid somehow I guess, 'self-financed' and all.

Mind you, because of the 'self-financed' aspects so stoutly defended the Yingluck government has committed either a crime or has just been criminally negligent. The court case in the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders will have a say in this. Very soon, any time now, surely before the end of the decade (probably even this decade :-))

Actually you do need to be a lawyer to know the law. What is law in one country may well be different in another. If you then throw in a completely different language the law gets more difficult and if you throw in legalese in another language you can run into serious problems which common sense will not help.

I Thailand if you say the correct word but with the wrong tone it means something different which can screw up your court case.

If in Thailand even if you can prove that your neighbours dog bit you it will most probably still be your fault. That isn't common sense western style but the Thai way of doing things.