Activist Hall to hit Natural Fruit with counter charges

Lite Beer

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- A BRITISH activist fighting a series of legal battles against a Thai pineapple company plans to file complaints with the anti-corruption agency and launch counter prosecutions "to prevent ongoing harassment".

Andy Hall posted on the news on Twitter Friday after the Appeals Court dismissed an appeal by Natural Fruit and the Attorney General in one of four cases the pineapple company filed against him.

"Can announce today myself/lawyers finalising perjury prosecutions against #Natural Fruit management for false statements/reports in court to Bangna police station.

"Importantly, we are also finalising for action against Thailand's prosecuting authorities for wrongful prosecution in this case. I shall also be requesting Thailand's National Counter Corruption Commission to investigate prosecuting authorities behaviour in this case." He tweeted.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Activist-Hall-to-hit-Natural-Fruit-with-counter-ch-30269085.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-18

Someone needs to learn how to let things go. I don't think this'll end well for Mr Hall.

You are not the one who has been subject to threats, harassment and intimidation. The continued pursuit of Mr. Hall is nothing but bullying, and basically you are advocating in favour of the continued bullying. The laying of charges by Mr. Hall should have been done long ago, but in an attempt to "let it go" it was not done. This is how one deals with Thai companies who believe that they are well connected and too powerful to be touched.

The charges have to be brought so that other actions can be taken against Natural Fruit. If any Thai is stupid enough to try and do physical harm to Mr. Hall, Thailand would be hit with serious sanctions. I don't think you appreciate how serious this situation has become and there are trade and labour groups in the USA and EU who are salivating at an opportunity to impose economic trade sanctions. Remember that Thailand needs the EU and USA markets because they are where the most profitable Thai exports go.

Wishing Andy well...

Andy winning will only highlight the corruption in Thailand, and if anything happened too him I doubt they will be able to pin it on any unfortunate Burmese.

The publicity would make Thailand a social outcast, I am sure if the General had any scene he will be at this very moment be arranging bodyguards for Andy.

The Nation

30269115-01_big.jpg

British migrant workers rights activist, Andy Hall © arrives for a hearing in his trial at the Phra Khanong Provincial Court in Bangkok, Thailand, 18 September 2015.

BANGKOK: -- A BRITISH activist fighting a series of legal battles against a Thai pineapple company plans to file complaints with the anti-corruption agency and launch counter prosecutions "to prevent ongoing harassment".

Andy Hall posted on the news on Twitter yesterday after the Appeals Court dismissed an appeal by Natural Fruit and the Attorney General in one of four cases the pineapple company filed against him.

"Can announce today myself/lawyers finalising perjury prosecutions against #Natural Fruit management for false statements/|reports in court to Bangna police station.

"Importantly, we are also finalising for action against Thailand's prosecuting authorities for wrongful prosecution in this case. I shall also be requesting Thailand's National Counter Corruption Commission to investigate prosecuting authorities behaviour in this case," he tweeted.

Yesterday's case concerned an interview Hall gave to Al Jazeera in Myanmar. The Appeals Court decision was read out at Phra Khanong Court - the court that dismissed the alleged criminal defamation case on October 29, 2014 due to a flawed interrogation process.

The Attorney General and Natural Fruit cannot appeal further to the Supreme Court.

"We are relieved and glad about today's court decision and that the legality of the previous dismissal has been upheld. The case is now closed," said Sonja Vartiala, executive director of Finnwatch, a Finnish-based civil society group which hired Hall to do research work.

The case was one of four filed by Natural Fruit against Hall.

A hearing on another criminal case is slated for October 19 when Hall will be formally indicted for criminal defamation and an alleged computer crime relating to the publication of a Finn-watch report that alleged there were labour rights violations at Natural Fruit's pineapple-processing plant. This second criminal case is the most serious of all four, and carries a penalty of up to seven years in prison.

National Fruit has also filed two damage claims against Hall.

Finnwatch and hundreds of other civil society organisations have appealed for the criminal proceedings against Hall to be dropped, and for the authorities to bring Natural Fruit to justice for the alleged labour rights violations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Activist-Hall-to-hit-Natural-Fruit-with-counter-ch-30269115.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-19

Someone needs to learn how to let things go. I don't think this'll end well for Mr Hall.

You are not the one who has been subject to threats, harassment and intimidation. The continued pursuit of Mr. Hall is nothing but bullying, and basically you are advocating in favour of the continued bullying. The laying of charges by Mr. Hall should have been done long ago, but in an attempt to "let it go" it was not done. This is how one deals with Thai companies who believe that they are well connected and too powerful to be touched.

The charges have to be brought so that other actions can be taken against Natural Fruit. If any Thai is stupid enough to try and do physical harm to Mr. Hall, Thailand would be hit with serious sanctions. I don't think you appreciate how serious this situation has become and there are trade and labour groups in the USA and EU who are salivating at an opportunity to impose economic trade sanctions. Remember that Thailand needs the EU and USA markets because they are where the most profitable Thai exports go.

if i were him i wouldnt stay in thailand -he could easily fall off a balcony or somthing similar "tragic acident "....

the company hes fighting is bigger than the law so he needs to be careful

if i were him i wouldnt stay in thailand -he could easily fall off a balcony or somthing similar "tragic acident "....

He has had cases dismissed already, so no they are not bigger than the law.

I am in complete support of what Finnwatch are doing and I hope the National Fruit company can be brought to justice and made to comply with labour law. The fly in the ointment has to be that ridiculous defamation law which has no connection with right or wrong. That is the law which needs to be removed from the statute books

Well deserved win Andy I respect you for your strength as corrupt people keep trying to knock you down but you come back twice as hard , there are not enough people in the world like you.

Also good luck with the Koh Tao defence part of the trial next where you are helping in defending two innocent men from Burma that are facing the death penalty.

I am sure you under extreme pressure from people hiding the truth but through your efforts and your team they should be set free soon.

Better hire bodyguards and secret staging witness protection unit around the clock, 'cause you not only have the Natural Fruit mafia and the military and their leader with power of article number ***** against you, but very soon the Koh Tao mafia as well

if he has an accident nobody would be prosocuted and the police would <deleted> up the investigation first and foremost

this company is huge ,that to me is bigger than the law.......

i would not trade places with hiim :)

if he has an accident nobody would be prosocuted and the police would <deleted> up the investigation first and foremost

this company is huge ,that to me is bigger than the law.......

i would not trade places with hiim :)

I think if anything happened to Mr Andy Hall then not only would it be world news but also world leaders would be very disturbed by that also. Yes, he's made enemies here in Thailand but worldwide he has great respect for his work on trying to improve the working conditions of migrant workers and his efforts to help those accused in the Koh Tao murder case.

You have to respect the guy. He has indeed put himself in danger by challenging the Thais but the more well known he becomes the safer he will be. A Thai who did what he has done would be dead by now. It is a shameful truth that to a large extent the Thais are incapable of curing themselves of the social ills that exist here and it will need more foreigners like Andy Hall to expose them. We can do our little bit by popularizing his name and causes so he gets a little bit safer as he goes along.

I think this guy got it right though it was 50 years ago. They are changing slowly in Thailand too.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&q=the+times+they+are+a+changin&oq=the+times+&gs_l=hp.1.6.0i131l3j0j0i131j0l5.4574.30069.0.33869.39.27.11.1.1.0.245.3069.2j20j1.23.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..19.20.1753.0.zknVa7E-4rQ