should i sell it now and be done with the headache. condo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far i have just found one twelfth of a dozen out of the "plenty" units available and i will sign a pre-contract and make a down payment coming thursday. price is THB 700k for 32m². still quite expensive for a monthly electric bill.

Ah. That's not quite the 65kB/sqm originally mentioned.

I take it you have looked at Majestic and Nirun? There is also a big building at the back of Thepprasit night market that might be suitable. Cant remember the name. Very few foreigners live there so farang quota should be no problem. I have a Thai friend who bought there for under 800K.

two pairs of shoes. the first two apartments (each 1.7mm) to diversify assets, the third one (700k) just for the electricity bill.

i haven't looked at anything and use a realtor who provides a "whole nine yard" service (contracts, land office and whatever administrative rubbish is required) based on power of attorneys.

from what i have learned it seems to be more complicated to change the name on the electricity bill than buying the property.

so far i have just found one twelfth of a dozen out of the "plenty" units available and i will sign a pre-contract and make a down payment coming thursday. price is THB 700k for 32m². still quite expensive for a monthly electric bill.

I take it you have looked at Majestic and Nirun? There is also a big building at the back of Thepprasit night market that might be suitable. Cant remember the name. Very few foreigners live there so farang quota should be no problem. I have a Thai friend who bought there for under 800K.

two pairs of shoes. the first two apartments (each 1.7mm) to diversify assets, the third one (700k) just for the electricity bill.

i haven't looked at anything and use a realtor who provides a "whole nine yard" service (contracts, land office and whatever administrative rubbish is required) based on power of attorneys.

from what i have learned it seems to be more complicated to change the name on the electricity bill than buying the property.

Tell your friends they can have my electricity bill for free.

if you manage to provide your bill with one of their names on it you will have free electricity for years to come. deal?

if you manage to provide your bill with one of their names on it you will have free electricity for years to come. deal?

Definitely something to consider, just have to figure out how to change the meter to their name, which I think can not be such a big deal as I have a yellow tabien baan and can probably can add someone and put the meter then in his name.

Why are you looking for a <800k condo to not live in? Investment?

the buyer requires a monthly electricity bill with consumption and that means the aircon will be on a timer. nothing illegal though! smile.png

Can you please explain? Why do you want an electric bill in your name if you don't plan to live in the unit?

Don't listen to all the doom and gloomers here.

Pattaya is a world class tourist destination that has and significant undersupply of small poolside condos.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand tracks tourist vistor numbers and has announced that this year they expect an explosion of new arrivals.

You have already done all the hard work buying the condo and setting up the company structure.

Don't underprice the value of that work.

Set a sales price circa 3.2 to 3.5 million and a new buyer will be along shortly.

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

Ah, well that probably explains why they haven't found you anything!

Go and look for yourself and, having found somewhere (which really wont be hard), you can pay an agent to arrange the purchase for you if you cant be arsed you're too busy to do it yourself. Or, better still, do the whole nine yards yourself and save a lot of money (and have the job done properly).

I can only speak from my personal experience about 4 years ago. I went to the PEA with an old bill and my passport and bank details. I was there for about 15 minutes. The lady at the PEA did everything for me and gave me a form for my bank. They started the direct debit a month or two later. The bills that I receive now have my name and address on. That's all.

the buyer requires a monthly electricity bill with consumption and that means the aircon will be on a timer. nothing illegal though!

Not a good idea to leave an unsupervised aircon running for long, I think.

I would just have a fridge or two running. These are specifically designed to work for years unattended.

I would definitely not recommend waiting it out on a condo in Pattaya.

I think real estate is an excellent "investment" long term, but not in Thailand right now. Thai currency is too high and price per square meter is higher than in most world class North American cities. This is just ridiculous. You are not buying property at the Cannes. You will be waiting long time and with the world class condo maintenance in Thailand you may well wait forever to make a profit.

As someone here suggested, you really need to sell this unit while still in it's "paper" form otherwise you may incur Epic losses.Have your Thai gf write you an add on Prakard. Up the price a littlebit and you will have a few lowball offers. Negotiate and close the deal. Have done it this myself. Even made a bit of profit. Trust me, way less headache than selling it under ownership. I can only imagine the hassle of it being sold under a Thai company.

And Naam says he can't find any sales in the foreign quota facepalm.gif

There are a few hundred of them on the first page of your link already.

would any of you kind souls provide a direct link to apartments, price THB<1mm?

i am obviously too stupid to use the search function and when i click on the posted link the page shows not a single one.

please put up or shut up!

i am obviously too stupid to use the search function and when i click on the posted link the page shows not a single one.

Wasn't this your original post?

if your wife has studios with "Farang quota" in resonably good location nd building shape to offer let her contact me. i am trying since months to buy (not for me) 6-8 units and was so far successful to get just 2.

p.s. even shoebox sizes (26-29m²) are acceptable.

With a follow up post

i think i paid a rather fair price (for both parties) for those i found (THB 65,000/m²), location between 2nd and 3rd road, building 5½ years old, allocated space in basement garage, keycard access to building and rooms.

And there are literally hundreds on that page that match that requirement. Or has now the target has changed and they have to be < 1mn Thai Baht?

if your wife has studios with "Farang quota" in resonably good location nd building shape to offer let her contact me. i am trying since months to buy (not for me) 6-8 units and was so far successful to get just 2.

With a follow up post

i think i paid a rather fair price (for both parties) for those i found (THB 65,000/m²), location between 2nd and 3rd road, building 5½ years old, allocated space in basement garage, keycard access to building and rooms.

And there are literally hundreds on that page that match that requirement. Or has now the target has changed and they have to be < 1mn Thai Baht?

the target has only changed for people who need to wear reading glasses or are too lazy to read all postings.

there are two targets:

-half a dozen studio apartments without price limitation but with specific requirements, namely foreign ownership, "good" location and a fair chance they can be rented out.

-two (most probably three) studios, price below THB 1mm, foreign ownership mandatory but no restrictions as far as location is concerned.

as i consider my time extremely precious i use the services of a realtor who gets paid to provide not only all details but who can handle all necessary administrative procedures from locating the owner to preparation of the contract and to finalise the deal at the land office.

And Naam says he can't find any sales in the foreign quota

He didnt actually look. He relied on someone else to do the looking for him. I think that's a big mistake in Thailand.

i don't mow my lawn, clip hedges or trim trees because we employ a gardener and pay him for the services.

my wife doesn't cook, clean or doing laundry because we employ a housekeeper and a cook whom we pay to do the jobs.

i don't waste my time looking for real estate offers plus the subsequent time consuming follow-up because their are realtors who get paid to provide that service.

yes, i relied and still rely on many "someones" since decades and i never thought that's a big mistake; neither in Thailand nor in any of the other countries where we lived.

to each his own wai2.gif

With a follow up post

the target has only changed for people who need to wear reading glasses or are too lazy to read all postings.

there are two targets:

-half a dozen studio apartments without price limitation but with specific requirements, namely foreign ownership, "good" location and a fair chance they can be rented out.

-two (most probably three) studios, price below THB 1mm, foreign ownership mandatory but no restrictions as far as location is concerned.

as i consider my time extremely precious i use the services of a realtor who gets paid to provide not only all details but who can handle all necessary administrative procedures from locating the owner to preparation of the contract and to finalise the deal at the land office.

Thanks for the clarification, it's obvious your realtor who can't read, as he isn't able to find the list with hundreds of condo's that are in your target range.

If he is as good in handling the administrative procedures, as in finding the list that Expatoilworker found, I really pity you.

Edited by TheCruncher

He didnt actually look. He relied on someone else to do the looking for him. I think that's a big mistake in Thailand.

i don't mow my lawn, clip hedges or trim trees because we employ a gardener and pay him for the services.

my wife doesn't cook, clean or doing laundry because we employ a housekeeper and a cook whom we pay to do the jobs.

i don't waste my time looking for real estate offers plus the subsequent time consuming follow-up because their are realtors who get paid to provide that service.

yes, i relied and still rely on many "someones" since decades and i never thought that's a big mistake; neither in Thailand nor in any of the other countries where we lived.

to each his own wai2.gif

Who do your typing on Thaivisa?

Naam, I understand your wanting to have someone else do the leg work. Have your realtor go to The Majestic Jomtien and just read the bulletin board in the lobby and/or roam the hallways and read the for sale notes on doors. Have them negotiate a sale with the owner. I saw one studio on the 5th floor with a sign on the door for B520k in foreign name. Even if *you* paid a 3% commission to your agent as a buyer, it's well below your B1m threshold. I know there are others in that building for well under B1m.

Naam, I understand your wanting to have someone else do the leg work. Have your realtor go to The Majestic Jomtien and just read the bulletin board in the lobby and/or roam the hallways and read the for sale notes on doors. Have them negotiate a sale with the owner. I saw one studio on the 5th floor with a sign on the door for B520k in foreign name. Even if *you* paid a 3% commission to your agent as a buyer, it's well below your B1m threshold. I know there are others in that building for well under B1m.

big thanks! finally a helping posting although i have strong doubts that the 520k you mentioned is correct. anyway i will check tomrrow because i'm with the realtor in Jomtien to have a look at a rental house and a 2-bedroom apartment.

but i found one studio in Majestic for 1mm here:

http://www.expat-condos.com/1-million-baht-condos-pattaya.html

If the parking is included in the Common Area of the condo you cannot have allocated parking.

the allocated parking spaces are marked/numbered with the apartment numbers. i was told that the seller paid THB 175k for each allocated space on top of the apartment price. perhaps that is mentioned in the chanote, will have it checked one of these days as i don't speak or write Thai.

to each his own wai2.gifWho do your typing on Thaivisa?

the female dog, she has a Ph.D. i think you have met her as well as the male when you visited me (the male is the small one who -as opposed to the female- can't talk, only bark).

Thanks for the clarification, it's obvious your realtor who can't read, as he isn't able to find the list with hundreds of condo's that are in your target range.

If he is as good in handling the administrative procedures, as in finding the list that Expatoilworker found, I really pity you.

yada yada yakety-yak... for the potential purchases without price limitation the realtor has to comply with half a dozen specifications which i concocted to judge the rental potential and which, i admit, are not exactly easy to match. that's why your assumptions are not valid.

by the way, i deal with that realtor since exactly 11 years and know his capabilities.

next helpful remarks please... coffee1.gif

Edited by Naam

If the parking is included in the Common Area of the condo you cannot have allocated parking.

the allocated parking spaces are marked/numbered with the apartment numbers. i was told that the seller paid THB 175k for each allocated space on top of the apartment price. perhaps that is mentioned in the chanote, will have it checked one of these days as i don't speak or write Thai.

If it is not on the Chanote chum..... You're buggat..... Are these 'owners' paying CAM fee for their unit + the car parking space? Edited by tolsti

yada yada yakety-yak... for the potential purchases without price limitation the realtor has to comply with half a dozen specifications which i concocted to judge the rental potential and which, i admit, are not exactly easy to match. that's why your assumptions are not valid.

by the way, i deal with that realtor since exactly 11 years and know his capabilities.

next helpful remarks please... coffee1.gif

So finally you confirmed my suspicions 46 posts ago, and which you avoided to answer with a yakety yak reply, but which now have become obvious as the reason why you can't find a few condo's in a buyers market.

Or do you mean that you can't find any at the price you're willing to pay?

Thanks for the confirmation, case closed.

big thanks! finally a helping posting

I mentioned the Majestic yesterday, along with Nirun and one other building, all of which should have something suitable for you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856982-should-i-sell-it-now-and-be-done-with-the-headache-condo/page-4#entry9883312

Maybe you should employ someone to do your reading on ThaiVisa as well as your typing?

If it is not on the Chanote chum..... You're buggat..... Are these 'owners' paying CAM fee for their unit + the car parking space?

neither my friend (the buyer) nor i am "buggat" because both apartments are rented out long term and the parking spaces were never a deciding factor to buy.

logical reason: it is highly unlikely that a tenant who lives in a 28m² shoebox that costs 14,000 Baht to rent and who's electricity bill is less than 1,000 Baht in the hot season owns a car.

next! coffee1.gif