should i sell it now and be done with the headache. condo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait for your list of NEW affordable condos in central Pattaya. Meanwhile, I think the OP can expect to rent this condo for around 20,000 baht a month when it is done. Yes you can rent larger condos in Phratamnak for 15,000 a month or less--lots of condos there and in Jomtien and lots of competition. Not that many nice ones in central Pattaya and certainly not that many new ones offering lots of good amenities that appeal to renters.

I wish the OP would be clearer about what he has done.

What name is on the purchase contract? His? Some company name? Has his company actually been formed yet?

If he wants to give the thing to his Thai daughter anyway he should just transfer the contract to her now and that way the chanote (when it arrives after completion) will be in her name and he wont need a company at all.

As far as I know it costs about 20,000B to wind up a company, but I am far from being an expert.

What name is on the purchase contract? His? Some company name? Has his company actually been formed yet?

If he wants to give the thing to his Thai daughter anyway he should just transfer the contract to her now and that way the chanote (when it arrives after completion) will be in her name and he wont need a company at all.

As far as I know it costs about 20,000B to wind up a company, but I am far from being an expert.

I think troll, nobody could possibly be this stupid.

the contract is obviously in my own name now, the thai company will be made further down the line upon copletion , im led to believe . so can anyone advise would they rent it, sell it now , or put it in my daughters name to avoid paying thai company fees , but then my daughters mum is her sole carer and could get her paws on this condo and sell it.

If you dont want the property then you will save money by not setting up the company.

I suspect that many people would try and steal the condo from your daughter if it was in her name, but what are you going to do? The same people would also try and steal cash or gold or whatever, if she had it. I trust no one here, regardless of skin colour or nationality.

You still dont seem to have asked any real estate agents how much they think you could get for it, and I would consider this to be the number one question.

I think troll, nobody could possibly be this stupid.

You would be correct in thinking that. In previous threads he did not know anything about cable and internet for his new condo to rent.

In thread before, he bought another one but then managed to get a full refund.

He then was also married and lived in Thailand for many years, but now does not know anything about Thailand.

• 1 month later...

the contract is obviously in my own name now, the thai company will be made further down the line upon copletion , im led to believe . so can anyone advise would they rent it, sell it now , or put it in my daughters name to avoid paying thai company fees , but then my daughters mum is her sole carer and could get her paws on this condo and sell it.

Hi Dirtycash

Thai company will cost you about 12-15K per year. I have many units in Jomtien and Pattaya that I rent out, in fact I don't have enough, mine are all full.

I have bought one in CCR and don't regret it at all and would be interested in taking your unit on as a rental unit. The biggest problem I think is people are to greedy asking ridiculous rents, I work on a 7% return.

If your interested? we can talk some more.

If you put the unit in your daughters name it cannot be sold until she is 21

Edited by davewild

Ground floor pool side 34sqm and in Thai company name for 2.5M? Is this in central New York? Keep dreaming. I wonder when will people wake up from their dreams and stop buying these overpriced "bargains".

On the MAtrix HP they sell the cheapest 34sqm Condo now for:

1,489,000 THB/

http://www.matrixpattaya.com/Property/city-center-residence-central-pattaya-6

Good luck finding another Idiot that pays almost double ;-)

On the MAtrix HP they sell the cheapest 34sqm Condo now for:

1,489,000 THB/

No, they dont.

The actual price list is here: http://matrixpattaya.com/pricelists/city-center/pricelist.pdf

That "from" figure on their website is meaningless, out of date and only applied to the smaller 24sqm units anyway.

Kittykong is correct. Developers often make sure they have a price leader. I know of one developer who built exactly 2 condos of 22 sqm in a fairly large project just so they could advertise a very low starting price on all the billboards. Common practice. Of course, the price leaders sell early and most buyers walking into showrooms will encounter higher prices. I stick to my earlier advice to the OP. I think City Center looks like a nice development with a lot of amenities in a good location with not much new competition so he should be able to find a renter in the 20,000+ Baht a month range.

I stick to my earlier advice to the OP. I think City Center looks like a nice development with a lot of amenities in a good location with not much new competition so he should be able to find a renter in the 20,000+ Baht a month range.

The developer seems to have a pretty bad record, search for art on the hill debacle to read about some of the issues with one of their recent projects.

Ground floor pool side 34sqm and in Thai company name for 2.5M? Is this in central New York? Keep dreaming. I wonder when will people wake up from their dreams and stop buying these overpriced "bargains".

On the MAtrix HP they sell the cheapest 34sqm Condo now for: 1,489,000 THB/

Good luck finding another Idiot that pays almost double ;-)

looks like your the retard here.