PM calls on cooperation to eliminate bad guys

Lite Beer

PM calls on cooperation to eliminate bad guys

302346-imagejpeg-467906-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha called for cooperation from all the people to "clean up" the country of corruption through the boundary of laws, and justice system.

He rejected violent mean as a way out to eliminate what he labeled corruption as “evil”and “deadliest” disease in the Thai societies.

Emphasising the need to eradicate corruption during his “Returning Happiness to the People” nationwide broadcast Friday night, Gen Prayut said “Thailand right now is in the crucial and significant stage to eliminate this deadliest disease. We must work together to build immunity against this evil that had undermined the country in the past years, and prevent this disease from resurfacing.”

He said the people should cooperate to eliminate corrupted politicians through the boundary of laws, and justice system.

Way of compromise should be resorted and no violent mean would be used, he said.

He said he accepted different opinions but sometime there need decisive decision to end the longstanding conflict.

This rule would be observed, he said, but added that he was reluctant to use such power under Section 44.

However he said there were attempts to pressure him to use such power as if they wanted to cite it as excuse for international organisation to tackle the country as well as to tackle him.

He said if the people have the common goal to achieve sustainable peace, safety in the country they must offer help, stop, prevent, and suppress these wicked people by laws and justice system.

But he defended the use of this section in the interim constitution, saying it will be applied carefully.

Gen Prayut also called Thailand a “golden land” and “a land of merit” which belonged to all Thais since the ancient time.

He said democratic rule means the people have delegated their power to politicians to rule the country.

But he said if the rulers or the government have no merit and abuses power to commit illegitimate deed which goes against the intention of the people who elect them to power, it is tantamount to betray the people and they can’t dismiss their collective responsibilities.

He called on the people to closely monitor the performance of the National Council for Peace and Order and the government, and help to resolve all conflicts in the country through legal channels.

He said the people should also help to turn bad guys to good guys before going forward slowly to reconciliation and national reform.

He said any movement or proposal aimed at destroying the roadmap process would be intolerable but any constructive proposal would be welcomed.

He would never yield to any movement that would obstruct and make the process back to square one.

According to Bangkok Post, Gen Prayut will leave Bangkok for New York next Wednesday and take the podium at the UN General Assembly on Sept 29 before returning to Thailand on Oct 1. He will attend the UN Sustainable Development Summit held from Sept 25-27.

In New York, there was report that some red-shirt members in the United States have threatened an anti-coup protest in New York during his stay.

Gen Prayut has expected opposition during his visit but urged protesters not to drag internal politics onto the international stage and jeopardise the country’s future.

“Regardless of whether there are intentions to harm me or oppose me, I will be attending the assembly in the name of your country, and this country needs to move forward,” he said during his programme last night.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Sek Wannamethee earlier said while in New York, Gen Prayut will also renew Thailand’s quest for a seat on the UN Security Council.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-calls-on-cooperation-to-eliminate-bad-guys

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-19

Let's start with elections. Thais have had over a year of your unopposed brainwashing messages every week. Let's see if they vote you in democratically.

Or are you going to keep on saying you know best? You deportation of the Chinese resulted in the atrocious bombings in Bangkok.

You are no different to the rest, at the trough.

“Thailand right now is in the crucial and significant stage to eliminate this deadliest disease. We must work together to build immunity against this evil that had undermined the country in the past years, and prevent this disease from resurfacing.”

He should have said "undermined the country in the past 200 years" ... Not to mention a Military Coup every 4-5 years in average

He might think he´s King of the World but at UN in NYC, he will realize that he is just a low life ...

Simple really general, sort out corruption in the military. That's it.

Typical Thai way of saying'' Its ok mate'' they did it first.

The topic and fight against massive corruption in the past civilian governments and the civil service sector has been assigned and accepted by the military , at present, to find a solution and impliment a judical / legal system that does not allow those who feel entitled to steal the country blind as has been the norm in the past few years.

laws against corruptiom murder thieft, etc have been on the books but enforcement, , penality phase is so inconsistent that there is basically no'' law'' as such in this country as it presently stands.Other than the biggest, most wealthy, those with best conections, etc.

Its very apparent that those who have been given responsiblility to govern honestly and serve the people has failed on a miserable level. If military law and a honest military leader can solve the many problems the country faces let him loose, its got to be an improvement to the past few years of total inability /thieft we have been exposed to.

The topic and fight against massive corruption in the past civilian governments and the civil service sector has been assigned and accepted by the military , at present, to find a solution and impliment a judical / legal system that does not allow those who feel entitled to steal the country blind as has been the norm in the past few years.

laws against corruptiom murder thieft, etc have been on the books but enforcement, , penality phase is so inconsistent that there is basically no'' law'' as such in this country as it presently stands.Other than the biggest, most wealthy, those with best conections, etc.

Its very apparent that those who have been given responsiblility to govern honestly and serve the people has failed on a miserable level. If military law and a honest military leader can solve the many problems the country faces let him loose, its got to be an improvement to the past few years of total inability /thieft we have been exposed to.

There is massive corruption in the military and has been since the year dot.

Ever thought why Prayut has never even mentioned this.

I have.

So, does that mean we can expect the "I Know Everything" PM, and all is multi-millionaire General/Admiral buddies in court any time soon for their illegal dealings?

I think I just saw a pig fly past my window!

God this man is such a hypocrite. I saw on another thread that he has approved a load of new guns for the Thai police. He has the power to completely reform them but nope, fancy new swiss pistols for all!

what about some laws that allows to punish corrupt "bad guys" immediately without let it go on at court for 10 years and everyone goes out on bail.

There is are no rich influential people in jail should make everyone thing that there is something wrong with the laws and their enforcement

I think the PM has made in roads already to end this but it will not happen overnight. It may take a generation. However when see stories like the actress who killed the Policemen recently it maybe even longer. Good luck to the PM. Hope he makes even more progress.

This topic of corruption in Thailand need several years of investigative journalism. The rot is pervasive and deep-seated.

A fair accounting of the anti-corruption actions by the PM and his appointed bodies would reveal a few items of note:

- An end to the rice scheme; which has not been proven corrupt in court (but could be); and was certainly a very expensive way to provide assistance to farmers. Moreover, it was (still is) a great distraction from longer-term corruption issues.

- A bunch of administrative actions against public officials; unfortunately, most of whom are not identified, nor is it clear what will happen to their cases

- An action against forest encroachment by developers due to corruption in land offices; again, without much evidence of legal actions or other follow-up

- An action against forest encroachment by individuals (farmers, etc.); not sure if this should be classified as anti-corruption.

- Action against human traffickers in the South; a huge opportunity to uncover corruption, but strangely limited to one military man.

- Taking away Thaksin's passports and retired police rank; symbolic gestures at someone regarded as corrupt (anti-corruption or just personal animosity?)

On the other side of the coin, one has to ask what the major elements of corruption are in Thailand:

- Top to bottom culture of bribe-taking in many government offices

- Endemic corruption in the police, principally bribery, protection rackets (extortion of businesses), and patronage (payments to superiors)

- Suspected widespread corruption within the military, including participation in human trafficking

- Government-wide corruption in procurements (bribes, kickbacks, price inflation)

A persuasive argument can be made that 1) The actions so far by the PM and the Junta are modest in comparison to the scope of the problem, and 2) no actions so far have addressed changing the organizations or systems of the bureaucracy, policy or military.

Instead we get jawboning with the following message:

"I am a good person. Politicians bad. Corruption bad. Thai people good. History wonderful. Good people see bad people. Help me. I don't want this job."

In other words...ho hum.

"a honest military leader" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So, does that mean we can expect the "I Know Everything" PM, and all is multi-millionaire General/Admiral buddies in court any time soon for their illegal dealings?

God this man is such a hypocrite. I saw on another thread that he has approved a load of new guns for the Thai police. He has the power to completely reform them but nope, fancy new swiss pistols for all!

They will all self destruct in 3 2 1 presto corruption all gone. Its all in the book of Revelations.

Edited by elgordo38