2nd hand book shops in Pattaya

JaiLai

The best one BY A LONG WAY is

Canterbury Tales

on

Soi Chaiapoon

Just head up from Soi Diana to the top then left and first right past Oasis Gogo and it is on the left a few doors down, also great if you want to have a drink or a bite to eat many ex-pats will be found most days (as will I)

Must have 20'000 + books in English and other.

Jonathan

OK, the one I know of and used myself was "Starbooks" at Khao Noi/Soi Boonsampan Road.

138/213 Moo 10

Soi Khao Noi (Boon Sampan)
Nongprue/Banglamung
Chonburi 20150
phone: 081-636-8189 (maybe you call for opening hours etc.);
http://www.starbookworm.com

GPS (not knowing what format might suit you):

12.920099, 100.914041

12° 55.206, 100° 54.842

12° 55'12.4" 100° 54' 50.5"
UTM 47P 707662x 1429076y

Happy reading ;-)

post-65504-0-07926400-1442899538_thumb.j

Edited by Sydebolle

Canterbury Tales

on

Soi Chaiapoon

Just head up from Soi Diana to the top then left and first right past Oasis Gogo and it is on the left a few doors down, also great if you want to have a drink or a bite to eat many ex-pats will be found most days (as will I)

Jonathan

Agreed . Dave Collier is the owner and a top bloke.

Get yourself a kindle and be done with it .I've had mine years,what a fantastic bit of kit.Holds up to 3,500 books,you'd need to live in a mansion to store that many.The savings also are immense, 99% of the books I download are free.Cannot praise this device high enough and available from just £59.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Glare-Free-Touchscreen-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B00KDRUCJY/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1442910051&sr=1-1&keywords=kindle

Get yourself a kindle and be done with it .I've had mine years,what a fantastic bit of kit.Holds up to 3,500 books,you'd need to live in a mansion to store that many.The savings also are immense, 99% of the books I download are free.Cannot praise this device high enough and available from just £59.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Glare-Free-Touchscreen-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B00KDRUCJY/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1442910051&sr=1-1&keywords=kindle

Doesn't beat the experience of actually holding a book or newspaper. I will pay the premium.

Canterbury Tales

on

Soi Chaiapoon

Jonathan

LOL. Only in Pattaya would one give directions in relation to a gogo.

I agree about the Kindle readers but holding a real book in your hand is nice man.

I like the hunt for the real books, spending hours chasing them down. On the Kindle you just download from the interweb, it's just not the same man, it isn't.

Try Asia book in Central, I bought 2 books there last weekend, buy one and get one free, in a big box at the entrance and they were heavily discounted too. They are cleaning out the stock, I think.

I have a huge collection of real books in my house and they gonna stay with me until I go 6 feet under.

I need the Kindle readers since I go overseas for work, so have over 60GB of books on my portable hard-drive.

If you are in Jomtien there is a used book store on Chaiphruk a couple blocks up from Jomtien Beach Road on the right. Not a huge selection but not bad and the store allows you to return the books and get a partial credit on the next books you buy. I will be moving to central Pattaya soon so thanks everyone for the information on used book stores in Pattaya.

Canterbury Tales

on

Soi Chaiapoon

Jonathan

I don't know about 20,000 books but certainly has 20,000 resident mosquitoes.

Far better to go to Second Hand Books (was Pattaya Beach Books in Tops) in the Tues/Fri market place. Enclosed with a/c.

Doesn't beat the experience of actually holding a book or newspaper. I will pay the premium.

Bang on the money couldn't agree more. Swap with your friends down the Beach etc. Kindles my backside !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 23/09/2015 at 11:52 AM, hugh2121 said:

I don't know about 20,000 books but certainly has 20,000 resident mosquitoes.

Far better to go to Second Hand Books (was Pattaya Beach Books in Tops) in the Tues/Fri market place. Enclosed with a/c.

any idea where he has moved to now ?

Just get a tablet.  I haven't read a paper book in 3 years.  I download books for free by author or category.  Currently I am reading Bernard Cornwall which are fictional stories about war in the late 1700's.  Downloaded 50 of them in 4 different series. 

10 hours ago, rmicheald said:

Just get a tablet.  I haven't read a paper book in 3 years.  I download books for free by author or category.  Currently I am reading Bernard Cornwall which are fictional stories about war in the late 1700's.  Downloaded 50 of them in 4 different series. 

Tried it , hate reading off a tablet , much prefere a real book ,sorry .