Confirmed: New multiple entry tourist visa for Thailand available from November

webfact

The Thai Consulate in London, is now at last showing the new METV in their Visa charges section.. £125. Commencing November the 13th.

No futher details published.

Correct!

There is no indication of what requirements must be met to obtain the METV from the London Embassy.

I despair and hope more information is provided by London soon .............

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai Consulate in London, is now at last showing the new METV in their Visa charges section.. £125. Commencing November the 13th.

Correct!

There is no indication of what requirements must be met to obtain the METV from the London Embassy.

Me too

AND it's the same price (£125) for a Multi TV that lasts 6 months or a Multi-O that lasts a year! What the **** ??????

The idiots haven't even updated the application form - still says "Tourist Visa (1, 2 OR 3)" with the only Multiple option referring to the "O" facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Edited by VBF

Correct!

Me too

AND it's the same price (£125) for a Multi TV that lasts 6 months or a Multi-O that lasts a year! What the **** ??????

The idiots haven't even updated the application form - still says "Tourist Visa (1, 2 OR 3)" with the only Multiple option referring to the "O" facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Using the word "idiots" is offensive.

They probably made the mistake of employing an "idiot" Digital Nomad to update the website.

Correct!

Me too

Using the word "idiots" is offensive.

They probably made the mistake of employing an "idiot" Digital Nomad to update the website.

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

As far as that lot (the folks in SW7 I mean) is concerned, "idiots" is complementary but the Mods wouldn't be happy if I used the first word I thought of!

Left hand........ may I introduce Right hand. sad.pngfacepalm.gif

Edited by VBF

I rejoice and confidently expect there will be barely any requirements, if any.

Posters here have already phoned up and been told that G7 countries will issue METVs easily.

I rejoice and confidently expect there will be barely any requirements, if any.

Posters here have already phoned up and been told that G7 countries will issue METVs easily.

Jpill - I didn't see that - have you anything more detailed please?

EG - Need to show finances or need to show employment?

How about the need to be a national of the country in which the Embassy is located? IE, could a Brit get an METV in USA or vice-versa - UK & USA are both G7 nations.

Edited by VBF

How about the need to be a national of the country in which the Embassy is located? IE, could a Brit get an METV in USA or vice-versa - UK & USA are both G7 nations.

It was this post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867234-metv-im-confused/page-9#entry10038379

If true then the only requirement for G7 nations will be that the return address is in the same country as the embassy... none of the paperwork about finances or residency.

That would make sense to me, Thailand has always encouraged longer stay tourists from G7 nations.

Edited by jspill

It was this post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867234-metv-im-confused/page-9#entry10038379

If true then the only requirement for G7 nations will be that the return address is in the same country as the embassy... none of the paperwork about finances or residency.

That would make sense to me, Thailand has always encouraged longer stay tourists from G7 nations.

Well i agree, but I thought you had the official word from the Embassy, rather than "a lady at an unnamed consulate". As you can see I contribute to that thread but I discounted that post because it's (so far) only "hearsay". Never mind - we shall find out....ummmmmm.... soon

Edited by VBF

Amazing all the comments, and mainly they are coming NOT from genuine tourists, but from long stay individuals

Immigration needs to define tourist, and exclude long stays from using it

There are retirement and marriage visa extensions

There are working visa for school teachers etc

There is the Investment visa

There is the elite card

You can choose from quite a generous list but long stay should not be using tourist

Thai Immigration needs to completely drop the word 'Tourist' from any visa classifications. It is arcane and in this day and age, totally redundant. Most countries subscribe to a non-immigrant "Visitor" visa and sub-categories for business, investor, education, work, etc.. Clinging to this 'Tourist' label shows how myopic their whole view on the rapidly changing, totally dynamic nature of international travel and migration.

It would also serve to shut down the noisome debates that erupt frequently on TV between the pontifical over-50's that qualify for some form of domicile here and the younger, more mobile traveler, squatter, digital pikey, who can't retire, don't want to get married, invest or pay taxes, etc..

You must be a promoter lol

Amazing all the comments, and mainly they are coming NOT from genuine tourists, but from long stay individuals

Immigration needs to define tourist, and exclude long stays from using it

There are retirement and marriage visa extensions

There are working visa for school teachers etc

There is the Investment visa

There is the elite card

You can choose from quite a generous list but long stay should not be using tourist

Thai Immigration needs to completely drop the word 'Tourist' from any visa classifications. It is arcane and in this day and age, totally redundant. Most countries subscribe to a non-immigrant "Visitor" visa and sub-categories for business, investor, education, work, etc.. Clinging to this 'Tourist' label shows how myopic their whole view on the rapidly changing, totally dynamic nature of international travel and migration.

It would also serve to shut down the noisome debates that erupt frequently on TV between the pontifical over-50's that qualify for some form of domicile here and the younger, more mobile traveler, squatter, digital pikey, who can't retire, don't want to get married, invest or pay taxes, etc..

You must be a promoter lol[/quote

Elite card another nice scam

I think thats a significant improvement in the right direction now the sixty day reporting should be eliminated for their convenience, I dont think its a good Idea to have visitors leave the country your trying to get them to spend their money in. In an Ideal Immigration policy a year visa with no reporting should be available to visitors so they can but properties with very little risk and interference From Immigration police. A truly ideal situation would be no visa no real reason for one nowdays with high speed internet and electronic Passports. Pretty out dated system ....Just sayin

Reporting another scam to get Baht

Correct!

Me too

"The idiots haven't even updated the application form - still says "Tourist Visa (1, 2 OR 3)" with the only Multiple option referring to the "O""

Would that not be correct until the thirteenth of November? Until then 1-2-3 entry will be available and the Multi will not.

Edited by PREM-R

Correct!

Me too

"The idiots haven't even updated the application form - still says "Tourist Visa (1, 2 OR 3)" with the only Multiple option referring to the "O""

Would that not be correct until the thirteenth of November? Until then 1-2-3 entry will be available and the Multi will not.

What I meant was, they updated one area of the web site (Visa Fees), but not the form itself. Therefore they don't match and anyone new to it all wouldn't have a clue what's going on. Ah well....TIT

Edited by VBF

This sounds to me very similar to the current triple-entry tourist visa, except it costs 2000 Baht more and has multiple entries not 3 entries.

The 3-entry tourist visa disappeared from many countries long ago. You're lucky ti still be able to get one.

I think this visa is for those who frequently travel between Thailand and other country(ies) and used to use the visa exemption way. They can now get a proper visa and no need of a re-entry-permit.

And no, it's not a solution for those who want live here as a "permanent tourist". For them, see post above wink.png

I'm on a retirement extension, but will continue to use a multi re-entry permit, because it costs THB 4300 (IIRC) is valid for a YEAR, and is multiple (unlimited) entry.

Anyone NOT a tourist/long stay runner would be pretty dim to choose this over the current re-entry permit.

Just called embassy in DC They just told me thye want 200 flippin dollars thats over 7000 baht .

$200 dollars for what exactly ?

NB

What is a "flippin"(sic) dollar ?

Why not just go for the ruddy hat trick and enquire what 7000 Baht is? Do you really have nothing better to do than bait posters on visa forums? Jesus wept...

Thanks but that mean every 60 days need to make border run ?

So your 10 year UK passport will last 3 years1 page and half used every 60 days. FANTASTIC NOT

Not quite,,, A dbl entry tourist visa, takes a single page,, then the exit/entries/extension stamps during that 6 months,, maybe another,, so pretty much 2, or the 1.5 you mentioned,,,, I don't know about UK passports,,, but USA passports come in "normal" amount of pages,, and double amount of pages,, And then pages can be added,, My old US passport, from 2002,, was a, "normal" one,,, back in about 08,, I had the US embassy here,, add pages,, actually DOUBLE,, you fill out a single form for each multi-page additions, and pay a seperate fee for each,,,, I asked at the time, "Can I add 3 sets?'' they said, "yes,, but it's a bit, "frowned" upon,,, So I had double added,,, It expired in 2012,,, so got a new one at US embassy here,, and got the "larger" one,, Which,,, if there's enough time left on it, prior to expiration,, can also have pages added to,,,,

Can you believe that used to be free (getting pages added)?

No appointment, just walk in & say "Add some pages please?"

I did it a couple times in BKK & it took all of 5 minutes each time.

Last time it was make an appointment, wait 30 minutes, get a ticket, go to another window, pay the (Thai) cashier $85 bucks, go back to the other window & then wait another hour.

and As of January 1, 2016, Visa Page Inserts (VPI) will not be available for U.S. passports

6. If you are employed, an official letter from your employer stating how long you have been employed by them and confirming that they are aware you will be travelling to Thailand as a tourist for a period of (state period of absence - maximum 6 months).

IF IF IF IF IF you have a job! I reiterate: you need to show money in the bank, airline tickets and a hotel booking. Many people are not understanding the if and or clauses

How many tourists get multiple holidays or holidays that last more that 2 or 3 weeks?

maybe google the word Backpacker, or International travellers, or gap year students...

... or people who don't have a conventional job and who enjoy life instead of working their balls of while getting frustrated and bitter and self-pittyful,

and blaming islam, illegal immigrants, bargirls, lefties, ... basically blaming everybody else except blaming themselves coffee1.gif

i "work" 3 months a year (7/7) and take 9 months of holidays. ok na khrap?!

How many tourists get multiple holidays or holidays that last more that 2 or 3 weeks?

maybe google the word Backpacker, or International travellers, or gap year students...

... or people who don't have a conventional job and who enjoy life instead of working their balls of while getting frustrated and bitter and self-pittyful,

and blaming islam, illegal immigrants, bargirls, lefties, ... basically blaming everybody else except blaming themselves coffee1.gif

i "work" 3 months a year (7/7) and take 9 months of holidays. ok na khrap?!

How many tourists get multiple holidays or holidays that last more that 2 or 3 weeks" get the impression that this guy's view of the world is limited to his own blinkered experience. Edited by cumgranosalum