UK: Fox News in Ofcom breach for Birmingham 'Muslim only' claim

webfact

Areas of cities such as Birmingham may be places where racists and bigots choose not to go; but that does not make them 'no go' areas!

Of course, being a Muslim, of Pakistani origin or any religion or ethnicity does not prevent one from being a racist and bigot, and it is true that a very tiny minority of Muslims have attempted to instigate so called 'Sharia patrols' in some areas.

But these people are quickly reported to the police, often by Muslim residents of those areas, and, where there is sufficient evidence, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned.

For example:

Muslim vigilantes jailed for 'sharia law' attacks in London

I am neither a racist nor a bigot and yet there are plenty of places around the UK where I would not go for my own safety. You obviously have never been to these places yet post like you are an authority on them.

It may enlighten you that the most popular name in the UK today is Mohamed and that there are far more Muslim school children than there are Christians in Birmingham but no doubt me pointing this FACT out will make me a bigot and a racist because telling people things YOU do not wish them to know is racist and bigoted

Try walking down Peckham high street on any given day. You could be anywhere in a Middle East country in some Suk. That may not be a no go area like parts of Birmingham but it isn't or should I say WASN'T typical of London but is now

I have worked in Peckham, and still visit. I know it well.

Some facts about Peckham from the 2011 census: you wont like them.

51.0% of people living in Peckham were born in England. Other top answers for country of birth were 11.3% Nigeria, 3.5% Jamaica, 3.4% South America, 2.7% Ghana, 1.0% Somalia, 1.0% Ireland, 0.9% North Africa, 0.8% Bangladesh, 0.6% China.

77.2% of people living in Peckham speak English. The other top languages spoken are 3.1% Spanish, 1.8% Polish, 1.7% Yoruba, 1.7% French, 1.4% Portuguese, 1.1% All other Chinese, 1.0% Turkish, 0.9% Somali, 0.9% Bengali.

The religious make up of Peckham is 59.6% Christian, 16.2% No religion, 12.9% Muslim, 1.6% Buddhist, 0.6% Hindu, 0.1% Sikh, 0.1% Jewish.

1,241 people did not state a religion. 27 people identified as a Jedi Knight

(source)

In the 2011 Census, Christianity was the largest religion in England and Wales, with 33.2 million people (59.3 per cent of the population). The second largest group had no religion with 14.1 million people (about 25% of the population). Third were Muslims with 2.7 million people (4.8 per cent of the population) (source).

So yes, Peckham has a higher percentage Muslim population than the national average, but that does not make it a 'no go' area.

I admit, there are places in the UK where I am concerned about my and my families safety. Woking town centre, on a Friday and Saturday night being an example. The heavy police presence there, and many other town centres, on those nights has nothing to do with the local Muslim population. The police are there to try and keep order among the drunks; most of whom are white and very few, if any, Muslim.

Once in our local Wetherspoons my wife and a group of her Thai friends were enjoying a girls night out. A couple of drunk white men kept annoying them with comments like "All Thai women are Toms." and "How much for a blow job?" until my wife and her friends had had enough and complained to the Asian, religion unknown, door staff who ejected the men.

Pub door staff; why does every pub and club in Woking and many other town centres need them? Didn't when I was young. It isn't because of Muslims.

I have twice been assaulted in the street; once outside Clapham South tube and once in Woking. On both occasions I required hospital treatment. My assailants both times were white.

As for the Yaxley-Lennon video, previously posted and previously commented upon. The man should not have hit Yaxley-Lennon, but he was provoked.

If Yaxley-Lennon, despite his many convictions for violence, is the peace loving man he claims, why didn't he simply close his window and drive away; the Muslim guy having made his point for him?

Instead he shouted threats like "Watch when I get in your f***ing houses, you f***ing muck!"

What's he mean by that?

Also, despite his claiming that the area they are driving through is totally Muslim, whenever the camera panned outside the car many, if not most, of the people in the street were white!

Edited by 7by7

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Areas of cities such as Birmingham may be places where racists and bigots choose not to go; but that does not make them 'no go' areas!

Of course, being a Muslim, of Pakistani origin or any religion or ethnicity does not prevent one from being a racist and bigot, and it is true that a very tiny minority of Muslims have attempted to instigate so called 'Sharia patrols' in some areas.

But these people are quickly reported to the police, often by Muslim residents of those areas, and, where there is sufficient evidence, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned.

For example:

I am neither a racist nor a bigot and yet there are plenty of places around the UK where I would not go for my own safety. You obviously have never been to these places yet post like you are an authority on them.

It may enlighten you that the most popular name in the UK today is Mohamed and that there are far more Muslim school children than there are Christians in Birmingham but no doubt me pointing this FACT out will make me a bigot and a racist because telling people things YOU do not wish them to know is racist and bigoted

Try walking down Peckham high street on any given day. You could be anywhere in a Middle East country in some Suk. That may not be a no go area like parts of Birmingham but it isn't or should I say WASN'T typical of London but is now

51.0% of people living in Peckham were born in England. Other top answers for country of birth were 11.3% Nigeria, 3.5% Jamaica, 3.4% South America, 2.7% Ghana, 1.0% Somalia, 1.0% Ireland, 0.9% North Africa, 0.8% Bangladesh, 0.6% China.

77.2% of people living in Peckham speak English. The other top languages spoken are 3.1% Spanish, 1.8% Polish, 1.7% Yoruba, 1.7% French, 1.4% Portuguese, 1.1% All other Chinese, 1.0% Turkish, 0.9% Somali, 0.9% Bengali.

The religious make up of Peckham is 59.6% Christian, 16.2% No religion, 12.9% Muslim, 1.6% Buddhist, 0.6% Hindu, 0.1% Sikh, 0.1% Jewish.

(source)

In the 2011 Census, Christianity was the largest religion in England and Wales, with 33.2 million people (59.3 per cent of the population). The second largest group had no religion with 14.1 million people (about 25% of the population). Third were Muslims with 2.7 million people (4.8 per cent of the population) (source).

So yes, Peckham has a higher percentage Muslim population than the national average, but that does not make it a 'no go' area.

I admit, there are places in the UK where I am concerned about my and my families safety. Woking town centre, on a Friday and Saturday night being an example. The heavy police presence there, and many other town centres, on those nights has nothing to do with the local Muslim population. The police are there to try and keep order among the drunks; most of whom are white and very few, if any, Muslim.

Once in our local Wetherspoons my wife and a group of her Thai friends were enjoying a girls night out. A couple of drunk white men kept annoying them with comments like "All Thai women are Toms." and "How much for a blow job?" until my wife and her friends had had enough and complained to the Asian, religion unknown, door staff who ejected the men.

Pub door staff; why does every pub and club in Woking and many other town centres need them? Didn't when I was young. It isn't because of Muslims.

I have twice been assaulted in the street; once outside Clapham South tube and once in Woking. On both occasions I required hospital treatment. My assailants both times were white.

As for the Yaxley-Lennon video, previously posted and previously commented upon. The man should not have hit Yaxley-Lennon, but he was provoked.

If Yaxley-Lennon, despite his many convictions for violence, is the peace loving man he claims, why didn't he simply close his window and drive away; the Muslim guy having made his point for him?

Instead he shouted threats like "Watch when I get in your f***ing houses, you f***ing muck!"

What's he mean by that?

Also, despite his claiming that the area they are driving through is totally Muslim, whenever the camera panned outside the car many, if not most, of the people in the street were white!

Tommy Robinson said that in the seconds after he was assaulted, not before. The way you worded it, if you hadn't seen the video, you might draw the conclusion he said it before he was hit in the face and it was the cause of the assault.

For example:

(source)

What's he mean by that?

Tommy Robinson said that in the seconds after he was assaulted, not before. The way you worded it, if you hadn't seen the video, you might draw the conclusion he said it before he was hit in the face and it was the cause of the assault.

Dishonesty comes as automatically as breathing to some.

• 46.1% of residents said they were Christian, 21.8% Muslim and 19.3% no religion. For one Ofcom did the right thing. The ignorance of Fox News is stunning.

They should have been more precise and said that large areas of inner city Birmingham are no go areas for non muslims. This applies to many cities and towns in the midlands and north.

Any proof of that? or just an opinion?

• 46.1% of residents said they were Christian, 21.8% Muslim and 19.3% no religion. For one Ofcom did the right thing. The ignorance of Fox News is stunning.

They should have been more precise and said that large areas of inner city Birmingham are no go areas for non muslims. This applies to many cities and towns in the midlands and north.

Lived in a northern towns for fifty years. Opinion only. Mine, and most white people I know, especially women. It doesn't only have to be physical violence. The verbal abuse of white women, usually of a sexual nature, makes them avoid certain areas. In my book, that makes them no go areas.

(Some nested quotes removed to comply with forum software; another edited for clarity)

What's he mean by that?

Only if you do not understand English or you have deliberately misinterpreted what I posted in order to defend a convicted, violent thug, drug dealer and fraudster.

Which is it in your case?

I have watched the video.

Therefore I know that, despite the title of it and uksomchai's comment, the incident did not happen in London, the capital of the UK, but in Luton!

Those who posted the video and those who use it to defend their prejudices can't even get that basic fact right!

Edited by 7by7

Lived in a northern towns for fifty years. Opinion only. Mine, and most white people I know, especially women. It doesn't only have to be physical violence. The verbal abuse of white women, usually of a sexual nature, makes them avoid certain areas. In my book, that makes them no go areas.

There are obnoxious, sexist idiots of all races and religions; but only the ignorant prejudiced would judge everyone by the behaviour of that tiny minority.

The example I gave before of the verbal abuse of a sexual nature my wife and her friends were subjected to by white men is, unfortunately, just one of many.

So following your logic, predominantly white areas are no go areas for Thai women.

For example:

Please if you are going to quote facts, please let us know where you get your facts from.

Sorry but you grammar is so poor I can not understand your final sentence, are you saying there are or are not "No-Go" areas in Birmingham, and if so please name them.

Guess you people are blind to the news that asian, Muslims gangs have been abusing children for ages and got away with it because the authorities were too scared to be labelled racists to investigate. But hey If you upset a Muslim in the slightest way then it just gives the Muslim apologists the excuse they need to protect the religion of peace

I forget who said it but he said that " the Muslims are the only religion that acts like the Mafia. say the wrong thing, draw the wrong picture or upset them in some other way and they will kill you "

And they were spot on !

Yes, there has been a number of none British men who have been grooming and abusing children, but there have been many British men convicted or no longer around to face the courts also, I doubt the numbers of none Brits is disproportionate to the ethnic population of the UK.

If you are neither a racist or a bigot then I suggest you change the comics you read.

Just Google "no go zones in Europe". The statistics and observations were printed before the invasion of this summer. Fox was not wrong. No news station reports 100% truth, but they were correct on this one.

Indeed, if you do Google that phrase, or similar, you will find numerous articles about so called 'Muslim controlled no go zones.'

From sources such as The Gates of Vienna, Daniel Pipes, the Gatestone Institute etc.

All well known for editing and twisting reports to 'prove' their biased agendas.

Fox did get it wrong on Birmingham; as they have admitted and as Birmingham residents have said in this topic.

To which I can add the voice of the large Thai community in Birmingham, among which my wife and I have many friends.

But I guess you think you know more about Birmingham than people who actually live there.

Just Google "no go zones in Europe". The statistics and observations were printed before the invasion of this summer. Fox was not wrong. No news station reports 100% truth, but they were correct on this one.

No they most certainly were not.

And that's why.....

An American terrorism commentator has apologised for describing Birmingham as a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go" during a Fox News interview.

Steven Emerson told the channel that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

He later issued an apology for his "terrible error".

and

On Saturday Fox said it "deeply regrets" the errors and apologised to the people of Birmingham.

Issuing the apology presenter Jeanine Pirro, who was interviewing Mr Emerson when he made the claims, said a guest had made "a series of factual errors that we wrongly let stand unchallenged and uncorrected."

"The guest asserted that the city of Birmingham, England, is totally Muslim and that it is a place where non-Muslims don't go," she said.

"Both are incorrect."

She went on to say census data from 2011 indicated 22% of the population of Birmingham identified themselves as Muslim.

"We could find nothing that indicated Birmingham is a so-called no-go zone.

"We deeply regret these errors and apologise to the people of Birmingham, our viewers and all who have been offended."

The harridan on Fox who presided over this debacle is a screaming racist harpy.

It's good to see her get one up the in the eye.

Edited by Chicog

• 3 weeks later...

Does this mean people take Fox News (in general) seriously rolleyes.gif

Turns out that their ex-CIA operative, Fox regular contributor & supposed terrorism expert since 2002 is a total fraud. What a surprise.

Fox News analyst arrested for lying about working as a CIA agent
A Fox News guest terrorism analyst was arrested on Thursday after a grand jury indicted him on charges of falsely claiming to have been a CIA agent for decades, US prosecutors said.
Before his arrest, though, Simmons was a frequent contributor on Fox News, which billed him as a “former CIA operative.” And as might be expected, he used his claimed experience to make provocative assertions about U.S. national security policy, particularly America’s vulnerability to terrorism.
Simmons appeared on Fox dozens of times since 2004 as an expert. Besides his phony credentials, Simmons was obviously challenged by reality. In addition to endorsing torture (a plus for Fox News), Simmons wanted "American Taliban" John Walker Lindh executed by firing squad even after the Bush administration dropped terrorism charges against him, claimed there are "at least 19 paramilitary Muslim training facilities in the US... using paramilitary exercises to plan and execute" Charlie Hebdo-type attacks all over the country, and claimed, in 2005, "if the Democrats come into power ...we'll have 911s unabated."

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/10/what-fox-isnt-telling-you-about-their

"Simmons was obviously challenged by reality."
Pretty sure that's a requirement for anyone on Fox.
Edited by Suradit69

Does this mean people take Fox News (in general) seriously rolleyes.gif

Turns out that their ex-CIA operative, Fox regular contributor & supposed terrorism expert since 2002 is a total fraud. What a surprise.

Fox News analyst arrested for lying about working as a CIA agent

A Fox News guest terrorism analyst was arrested on Thursday after a grand jury indicted him on charges of falsely claiming to have been a CIA agent for decades, US prosecutors said.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/oct/16/fox-news-analyst-arrested-for-lying-about-working-as-a-cia-agent

Before his arrest, though, Simmons was a frequent contributor on Fox News, which billed him as a “former CIA operative.” And as might be expected, he used his claimed experience to make provocative assertions about U.S. national security policy, particularly America’s vulnerability to terrorism.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/10/16/3713099/fox-news-wayne-simmons/

Simmons appeared on Fox dozens of times since 2004 as an expert. Besides his phony credentials, Simmons was obviously challenged by reality. In addition to endorsing torture (a plus for Fox News), Simmons wanted "American Taliban" John Walker Lindh executed by firing squad even after the Bush administration dropped terrorism charges against him, claimed there are "at least 19 paramilitary Muslim training facilities in the US... using paramilitary exercises to plan and execute" Charlie Hebdo-type attacks all over the country, and claimed, in 2005, "if the Democrats come into power ...we'll have 911s unabated."

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/10/what-fox-isnt-telling-you-about-their

"Simmons was obviously challenged by reality."

Pretty sure that's a requirement for anyone on Fox.

Fox news.... a redneck propaganda machine, very good for brainwashing the peasants, and appeals to those who live in trailer parks and those who have carnal relations with direct family members