Does a Re-entry Permit allow you to "save" your entries on a TR visa?

I have a double entry TR visa. I used one of the entries when I entered Thailand on Sept 9th. I plan to use the other entry in December so I can extend my stay in Thailand all the way to February.

My friend asked me to come with him on a trip to Singapore a few days from now which I'd like to go on, but I don't want to use my 2nd entry so soon.

If I go to immigration and get a re-entry permit for 1000 baht, will that allow me to "save" my second entry? Anyone ever do this before? Will they use Thai logic and say "wtt, you got a second entry right here just use that!!!".

Thanks!!!

ypu might want to check the expiration of the visa. I hav eused a double entry 60 day many times. The visa is only good for 3 months, meaning you have to use it before the 3 month expiration, might want to check and make sure the 2 nd entry can be delayed.

ypu might want to check the expiration of the visa. I hav eused a double entry 60 day many times. The visa is only good for 3 months, meaning you have to use it before the 3 month expiration, might want to check and make sure the 2 nd entry can be delayed.

Getting a re-entry permit would not delay getting the 2nd entry. The original 60 day admitted until date would not change when using it to enter the country.

• Like 1

I think you could even get the 30d extension on the first entry and then obtain a re-entry permit to be used before the expiration of the extension. Much depends on whether you received a 90d or a 180d validity (the 'enter before' date printed on the visa). That 2nd entry has to be used before the validity expires. So 2 key concepts here:

1. The meaning of the validity date;
  2. A re-entry permit does NOT extend the already granted permission to stay.

yes get a re-entry to preserve your current permission to stay stamp,and extend if required after coming back to Thailand

Are you saying that you cannot get a 30d extension, and THEN obtain a re-entry permit? (I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that's correct.)

He wrote that you can get a re-entry permit for the 60 days and then apply for the extension if needed.

You can also apply for the extension and get a re-entry permit for the permit to stay date you get then.