Iphone 6s

kbelyeu

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the iStudio today, just to kiiiiinda take a look at the 6s. Spoke to the owner whom I reserved the "unlocked" 6s 128gb with. He said that I may actually already get it next week....depending on the quota ( no idea what that quota is or how it is calculated ). He also said that most of the sales are for the 64gb Pink Rose Gold.

I went and got a 6s plus today. Had to search about a dozen shops before I found anything other than 16gb models available. Seems those aren't selling at all and everywhere had them.

I could only find a 64gb model in gold which is my least favorite color option but I don't really care that much. Plenty of 6s around but the 6s plus seemed a bit harder to find. From what I can see the 16gb model will be the worst selling iPhone in history.

I went and got a 6s plus today. Had to search about a dozen shops before I found anything other than 16gb models available. Seems those aren't selling at all and everywhere had them.

I could only find a 64gb model in gold which is my least favorite color option but I don't really care that much. Plenty of 6s around but the 6s plus seemed a bit harder to find. From what I can see the 16gb model will be the worst selling iPhone in history.

Cool

Where did you finally find it?

What was out the door price?

Confirm it was unlocked?

Thanks

Michael

now you can use 4g in Thailand? what s the point to pay for an iPhone 6s when you can not use all of its functionalities In Thailand? just show off?

Some people do not stay in Thailand exclusively. Current employment requires constant international travel, sim works everywhere.

Now those blokes with Omegas and Rolex really chap my hide! Why don't they get a Timex like me? Is it really smart to walk around with half a Somchai's yearly wage on wrist? Fear somebody might chop it off sometime.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus 128gb with Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda

I disagree with your view of the 16GB iPhone's, why bother paying extra for 64GB when you have a computer to transfer your data on to.

Unless you don't have a computer, i can't justify the need for 64GB in a phone.

It all boils down to personal usage.

I disagree with your view of the 16GB iPhone's, why bother paying extra for 64GB when you have a computer to transfer your data on to.

Unless you don't have a computer, i can't justify the need for 64GB in a phone.

It all boils down to personal usage.

Seems most consumers are agreeing with me as the 16gb is available everywhere and the others are sold out

Unlocked. True in Terminal 21 price was 35,100 Baht for 64 GB.

The phones are also sold from Apple’s site with free delivery and at least my model (64 GB rose gold) only have about five days delivery time.

Definitely unlocked when buying it from there (given that there is no carrier choice). Price for this model is ฿30.500 (notice anotheruser is talking about the iPhone 6s Plus model).

blackberry priv look better than the iPhone 6s!

We are all well aware of your irrational dislike of Apple iPhones. While we understand that this must give you considerable pleasure, how about refraining from hijacking the thread with such irrelevant comments? In fact, you could go here and open your own thread extolling the virtues of Blackberry's latest attempt at expanding its 1% market share and survival as a handset company.

Unlocked. True in Terminal 21 price was 35,100 Baht for 64 GB.

The phones are also sold from Apple’s site with free delivery and at least my model (64 GB rose gold) only have about five days delivery time.

Definitely unlocked when buying it from there (given that there is no carrier choice). Price for this model is ฿30.500 (notice anotheruser is talking about the iPhone 6s Plus model).

Yes, just ordered space grey 64gb online. Delivery by Weds.

If they chopped out the 16gb and replaced it with 32 gb that would suit me down to the ground but if they did that I reckon the sales of the 64gb would disappear

That is what is annoying about the situation. It is a forced upgrade for many people that could be happy with 32 GB but don't really need 64 GB. They could even up it one and make the 64 GB the base model. If you are paying nearly $1,000 for a 16 GB phone you can't help but feel a bit irked. My apps take up 8GB and if 16GB gives you 11GB after formatted that leaves me a whopping 3GB for photos, music and video. On a device with a large screen that is designed to consume video content it is unacceptable and all but the most avid apologist knows this.

To see where a 16 GB phone fits into this market you would need a time machine to go back to the year 2012.

Anyway 6S plus is certainly a good phone not worth the upgrade if you have a 6 plus though.

Oh LMFAO at the Blackberry guy. There always has to be "that" guy doesn't there?

Just watched the Blackberry video and at one point he actually had to stop trying to scroll because he couldn't get it to work and closed the screen so he could distract people from the fact he couldn't get the phone to scroll. Impressive demo indeed. At least troll with some Android device that is actually relevant.

Edited by anotheruser

Anyway 6S plus is certainly a good phone not worth the upgrade if you have a 6 plus though.

I upgraded from a 64GB 6 Plus to 64GB 6S Plus and more than happy with the upgrade. The sale of my 6 Plus covered the majority of the upgrade outlay.

I'm sure you're speaking for yourself.

blackberry priv look better than the iPhone 6s!

We are all well aware of your irrational dislike of Apple iPhones. While we understand that this must give you considerable pleasure, how about refraining from hijacking the thread with such irrelevant comments? In fact, you could go here and open your own thread extolling the virtues of Blackberry's latest attempt at expanding its 1% market share and survival as a handset company.

Strangely, VIPinthailand has previously admitted that he owns an iPhone. Go figure.

[…] On a device with a large screen that is designed to consume video content it is unacceptable and all but the most avid apologist knows this.

To see where a 16 GB phone fits into this market you would need a time machine to go back to the year 2012.

While I agree that people should generally not pick the 16 GB model, it could serve corporate buyers fine. I don’t think they need that much space for movies and such plus with iCloud Photos and Apple Music, you can still have access to all your photos and a lot of music without taking up much space on the device. I assume you can also run Netflix, HBO Go, etc. on your device and avoid needing to store the video locally.

And I must say, calling the presence of the 16 GB model “unacceptable” should be prefixed with “first world problem” wink.png I’m also unsure what prices you’re quoting, the iPhone 6s starts at $649, that’s not “almost $1,000”.

Ok, if that is what you believe. Let's talk again when you drop your USD1000+ phone and nobody wants to replace it for you. Good Luck with that.

Dropped my (Singapore bought) 5s & completely smashed the screen, took it into the Apple Service Centre in KL who told me they don't repair screens but would get me they an as new replacement for 1250MYR (at the time was around £200).

Had to wait 2 weeks for it so bought a 6 (this was back in Feb) & to be honest, I still prefer the 5S as I think the phone is nicer to hold/use so no interest in "upgrading" to a 6s.

Edited by JB300