Iphone 6s

kbelyeu

what s the point to have an apple pay phone when apple pay is not used in Thailand?

Who mentioned anything about ApplePay, or even Apple Pay Phone (though, yes, it's definitely that).

First world people with their status symbols and their first world problems. You've already stated your negative opinion several times in this thread.

Why are you still posting here?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iPhone are when bought from a carrier are locked to it buy Apple the carrier cannot unlock it other than asking Apple to do so.And most uk carriers will not do this until you are 6 months into your contract.The unlock is though iTunes.

As far as I know it is the carrier that need to unlock it and not Apple. I had a locked iPhone 6 plus and T-Mobile unlocked it for me through iTunes. Apple has no reason to care if a phone is locked and sell them unlocked. It is the carrier alone that blocks phones from being unlocked. I accidentally bought mine locked because i didn't realise that buying one from T-Mobile even not on a contract would be a locked phone. I would never buy from a carrier in the west again as I find this slightly misleading. Luckily they unlocked it for me free but some will charge a fee for sure. If they haven't subsidized the phone I think this practice should be illegal. I remember the days they wouldn't unlock a phone even after you fulfilled your entire contract. Bunch of crooks.

I was in the USA last year and bought a T-Mobile "factory unlocked" iPhone 6 from an Apple Store at full price. It came with a T-Mobile prepaid SIM already installed. I just replaced that with my DTAC SIM card and it then activated and worked without a problem. No "unlocking" was necessary.

That is because you bought it at an Apple store hence it was unlocked. I made the mistake of buying at a T-mobile store.

what s the point to have an apple pay phone when apple pay is not used in Thailand?

Who mentioned anything about ApplePay, or even Apple Pay Phone (though, yes, it's definitely that).

First world people with their status symbols and their first world problems. You've already stated your negative opinion several times in this thread.

I m not negative, I like apple product except the price. I have a few apple products. but I don't see the point to have a super high tech phone like the 6s when you can not use all of its functions. I will buy one if I can use applepay and 4g at a decent price with unlimited data.

I m not negative, I like apple product except the price. I have a few apple products. but I don't see the point to have a super high tech phone like the 6s when you can not use all of its functions. I will buy one if I can use applepay and 4g at a decent price with unlimited data.

I've got my 6s Plus and I'm happy with the new features. For me 2GB ram has helped to make the experience smoother. The 12mp camera though not hugely improved helps when zooming in on photos. Enjoying the 3D touch which actually is quite good at saving me time. Surprisingly the live photos has been fun to use though it may take a while to adjust the way I take pics.

I change my phone every year as they are generally not designed to last more than a couple of years. I have no issue moving on to the newer phones especially since I do get LTE speeds in Bangkok and my package does include unlimited data. It gets throttled when I go above 5GB but so do the plans I have in US.

BTW as a heads up for everyone, preregistering for the preordering has now started for the 6s. Here's the link for Truelove H http://booking.truecorp.co.th/iphone6s/register?ln=en

It's apparently launching on 30th.

VIPinthailand, you're probably gonna throw a first now the prices have jumped up again due to USD strength. I respect your opinion, but completely disagree with most of it. People are free to choose what they want, if Apple Pay was available when your iPhone came out Apple would have put that tech in then, right?

Let's move the topic on as you have clearly stated what you dislike repeatedly and I think everyone knows your stance on this.

Yes, I actually just pre registered for the iphone 6s 128gb today at an iStudio in Central. Speaking to the sales guy, he said they only sell the "locked" versions of True and Dtac I think it was. The unlocked versions will become available roughly 3 weeks later. sad.png

With the dollar being so "strong"...any word on the official prices of the new iphones?

If and when the dollar weakens then you're quids in as the price has already been fixed.

Apple Pay? Use it every day in the UK and takes about two seconds. Faster than a cash purchase.

Anyway, not the only feature of the 6S / 6S Plus. The home button is almost redundant now other than for Touch ID. I'm big on shortcuts and 6S and iOS 9.0.2 brings it all together. Took me a few days to desist from pressing the home button, but used to it now and just swipe to the right.

A good tip is to adjust the 3D Touch sensitivity to light (default is medium). Settings → General → Accessibility → 3D Touch.

Still not a big Siri user myself but it's fun to use on occasion and is working well. Useful to make calls but doesn't seem to be much in it between manual and Siri.

For alarms and music it’s generally easier with hands free. For example “Hey Siri, wake me up tomorrow at nine” or “Hey Siri, play latest album by Maria Mena”.

Other times though I mainly use it when on my bicycle or when I am wakening up and want to know what the time is smile.png

Still not a big Siri user myself but it's fun to use on occasion and is working well. Useful to make calls but doesn't seem to be much in it between manual and Siri.

For alarms and music its generally easier with hands free. For example Hey Siri, wake me up tomorrow at nine or Hey Siri, play latest album by Maria Mena.

Other times though I mainly use it when on my bicycle or when I am wakening up and want to know what the time is smile.png

I use Siri all the time. Got Bluetooth in my bike helmet and can call people, send/receive messages and play any song I want hands free

I've really not got nothing against Siri, just need to condition myself. It does work well, for that, there is no doubt. I just need to break the cycle of manual.

A few hours ago I roared 'Hey, Siri', to impress the wife, 'What was the football results?'. Up comes a menu for all the major leagues and hit the Premier League icon. Fantastic, really.

'Hey, Siri', 'Shut down', and the app closes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I actually just pre registered for the iphone 6s 128gb today at an iStudio in Central. Speaking to the sales guy, he said they only sell the "locked" versions of True and Dtac I think it was. The unlocked versions will become available roughly 3 weeks later. sad.png

With the dollar being so "strong"...any word on the official prices of the new iphones?

Well, to quote my own post...Apple has listed the iphone 6s/6s+ with price online and here the official pricing

6s:

16GB1
฿26,500.00
64GB1
฿30,500.00
128GB1
฿34,500.00

6s+

16GB1
฿30,500.00
64GB1
฿34,500.00
128GB1
฿38,500.00

Now lets hope the unlocked versions are available shortly after.

Lost my 6 plus and have been trying to patiently wait for the 6S plus. There will be nowhere to get it unlocked tomorrow? I am wondering by how much the 6 plus will drop in price? Trying to hold out but 3 weeks is a long time to wait. Wonder how much the prices will drop for the 6s at MBK?

Ugh I have been waiting a month already. :(

Anybody know what kind of policy True or Dtac have for unlocking? I am in Thailand another month or so if I can unlock it by paying them I might go for it.

Really?! They are unlocked? What is the point of releasing it only for True / DTAC? I remember the iStudio guy saying that I have to sign up for True or dtac, but after 2 or 3 months can cancel the "contract". Wasn't quite sure what that meant or how it worked, so I just assumed it would be locked on their carrier. The guys english wasn't too good.

You just buy it at True or Dtac with a prepaid SIM as far as I know. I have never had to sign up. I am going to buy one tomorrow. I wonder which shop would be most likely to have them and will there be crazy lines? True seems to mention October 31st so I am thinking Dtac is the better choice.

Just went to Dtac and they said the phone is locked. Going to try True now. Their English wasn't great but they used the word locked. There is a huge line at True Rama 9 right now. Maybe NiwPix was right after all. This is the first time I have heard of locked phones but that is what Dtac is saying.

True was packed so I gave up. Never found out if it is locked there or not as you had to take a number to talk to anybody and I didn't want to wait an hour. I think they would probably be sold out anyway. The 6 plus isn't enough of a price difference to consider buying that right now. I am guessing they will probably do something like only sell 16 GB 6 plus to force our hands into the new one. Selling a 16 GB smart phone in this day and age is almost criminal.

Trust me, they are unlocked. They just want you to sign up for a contract. Which anyways works only if you have a work permit or be a Thai National.

Just say I want iPhone 6s with no sim card. If they say "can not" than say ok, give me a prepaid sim card.

Or better yet, buy an true/Dtac sim at 7eleven and tell the clerks, hey look I do have already your stupid sim card now sell me the phone.

Thai clerks are uselses dummies. They don't know what "locked" means. Never in the history of iPhone sells in Thailand they have been locked.

If you want to be absolutly sure tell the clerk I am a frequent travel but based in Thailand. I need to use international sim cards besides your true/Dtac sim.

Good luck

Cheers

Seconded. Go to DTAC and purchase a nice unlocked iPhone. The worst that can happen is half an hour of paperwork until you finally get your hands on your purchase.

At today's exchange rate to the £ the prices are looking highly competitive, at least £60 cheaper than the UK for a 6S Plus 64GB.

They just want you to sign up for a contract. Which anyways works only if you have a work permit or be a Thai National.

blink.png

I've got a contract.

I don't have a work

permit and I'm not

Thai

Hi, which company and how long terms and condition contract is it?

I'm interested in doing the same.

Regards.

Thank you.

Archived