Does anybody have kids who attend a technical college?

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

Our son is in his second year at the local technical college, studying electronics. I had to buy an Army uniform, boots, etc for him and he must have missed about five months of "studying", because of the "Army activities".

What they study seems to be a joke. When my PC loudspeaker power switch died and I was asking him if he could check on it, he couldn't. I finally did it by myself and thought well, what a fantastic college that is.

Then they all had to build loudspeakers, (without teaching them the needed details), but his friend's and his speakers just don't work. Makes perfect sense, right?

Nobody's even thinking about "troubleshooting", just common sense that they understand what the problem is/was, etc....

School's already shut down, but students have to come in for certain tests. He told me yesterday that he'd have to pay 1,400 baht to some soldiers. I don't know how often I already paid money, where I never got a receipt for, the last time was 2,500 baht. No idea for what, they didn't tell him....

Okay, of course will he not get a receipt this time and I was just curious if others on this forum have kids who study at a technical college?

Please don't get me wrong, it's not about the money now, it's a principle.

I'm not in the mood to pay some Army money for booze, or whatever they want to buy.

I thought it might be worth to visit the director and ask him a very serious question. Did anybody on this forum just recently pay money for some dubious? Army guys?

Thanks a lot in advance for any useful input. I don't care about the money, I only want to know if that's also happening in other provinces.

Our son's studying at the local technical college in a city in lower northeast. Cheers.-wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Sounds like there is a soldier taking your money. Likely the one you bought the uniform and boots for.

It was mentioned in a previous thread that you started that Tech colleges are generally for students who can't get into a regular school after grade 9. Hence the poor standard of study( and likely teaching)

Edited by puchooay

From what I know, only the kids of the poor and uneducated or from the slums, or off springs or failures or lower life forms , end up in the tech or vocational colleges. Decent parents who work hard and know how to plan to raise a family, will have monies and know how to provide a proper education for their loved ones and ensure that they do not end up in such garbage gutters.

Wow, thanks for these nice posts. All I wanted to know was if others also pay money for any soldier bs.

BTW, he wanted to study electronics and he's got his own reasons for.

Calling him "from the slums" is just insane and shows the poster's intelligence. And it includes my wife and me as well.

I do not think that you'd have the balls to tell him that face to face that he's from the "slums"? If you do, please let's meet.

I believe that he's old and bright enough to know what he's doing with his life. Thanks for the flowers.

All I was asking for was if somebody has kids who're studying at a technical college and have to pay money for something that involves soldiers, they can't really explain to you what for.

Of course does my wife think that's "normal." Anything that comes from a school, for example a donation for a new swimming pool isn't "normal" in my eyes.

But we all have different opinions, right?

Please don't call us people from the slums, who do not care about our son's education. Thanks for your kindest consideration.

Edited by lostinisaan

Hi Lostinsaan....my sincere apologies...I did not mean to refer to you or your son......I was merely expressing what most people think about technical schools and its students......really my apologies if my postings offended you in any way.

By the way.....if your son was interested in electronics.....they are many private schools that can offer a better career path including leading to a university education in electronical engineering, etc.It would be much better than these technical schools where there isn't a real future......just my suggestions.

Hi Lostinsaan....my sincere apologies...I did not mean to refer to you or your son......I was merely expressing what most people think about technical schools and its students......really my apologies if my postings offended you in any way.

By the way.....if your son was interested in electronics.....they are many private schools that can offer a better career path including leading to a university education in electronical engineering, etc.It would be much better than these technical schools where there isn't a real future......just my suggestions.

He's right,

At age 15 the Thai government schools chuck out all the 'rubbish' they don't want, about 3/4 of the classes.

They can then attend the vocational schools if the parents can pay the fees.

That's just the way it works.

Nobody chooses to leave school and attend vocational/technical school.

I sent my stepson to the private technical college in Chiang Mai. No, he wasn't the sharpest tack in the box, but neither was I at 18. There was no 'Army' training. However, after he graduated, both my wife and I convinced him to join the Air Force (I'm ex-military and from my perspective, most Thai males are mommy-boys unless they had an active male role model in their lives (most don't), or spent time at least going through boot-camp. At 22, he's married, has a good job, and has turned into a responsible man and husband.

Regarding the belief held by some people that tech school is for dummies, I personally would have preferred to go to tech school but was force into college by my caring parents, which I dropped out of after 3 years. Spent 15 years doing various blue collar work and then a stint in the military. After my enlistment, I went back to college and graduated with straight 'A's as a CIS major. Spent about 24 year working in the Computer Industry prior to retiring. So much for being a 'dummie' even though I was a 'C' student in high school. I rack the average grades in high school up to basically being bored out of my mind. If my high school instructors were above average, I did above average; if my high school instructors sucked, I did below average (boredom).

So I wouldn't paint tech school attendees with too broad of a brush. There are other factors involved other than being 'stoopid' <sic>.

In response to the OP, I imagine you'll be paying towards a uniform or possibly a camp. You should be able to ask at the reception and you should get a receipt.

In response to other posters, my Thai step-daughter attends Bang Na Commercial college, studying accountancy. I'm not sure the exact difference between 'commercial' and 'technical' colleges, they are both obviously vocational, but I think it's true what MaeJoMBT wrote that government schools 'chuck out' about 3/4 of the class.

In my step-daughter's case, her previous school stopped at M3 (age 15) and only the best and brightest could win places in government schools for M4, M5 and M6. The entrance tests for government schools are extremely tough and it's highly competitive. It sounds about right that only 1/4 of the class can continue.

My step-daughter had to take a placement test for the commercial college, both my wife and I were shocked that she passed. When we took her for the tests, there were many students for expensive private schools there in their uniforms so I don't think only the poorest students go to vocational colleges.

Tech college in Thailand is for the naughty and dim.

Keeps them off the streets until they are old enough to work.

Very little attempt at education, more about keeping them busy so they can't cause too much trouble.

Reminds me of when I was in High School here in the USA back in 1974. Our school had just built this huge "Vocational School" building. The course lists had automotive stuff, body repair, electronics, etc. Now I happened to be in what was called the "A" division at the time and was taking Trigonometry, analysis, and things like that. I also liked to fiddle with electronic stuff at home and was also restoring my 1930 model A antique car. The electronics course(s) seemed reasonable to take. So I signed up. The very next day the guidance counselor nits called me down to the office and said I could not take the electronics course. I said why not? She said the vocational school is not for the smart people. Hmmm. Oh well. So I signed up for the calculus class instead. The math department head lady said I was too dumb to take calculus. hmmmm. Long story short, I have a BS degree in Mechanical engineering and a MS in Appllied Math and have had a long career in the Air Force and still work in the aerospace industry.

In retrospect, it is sad that they lump all those manual trades into not smart people, but the reality was they really did use the vocational school as a dumping ground for a lot of the kids.

From what I know, only the kids of the poor and uneducated or from the slums, or off springs or failures or lower life forms , end up in the tech or vocational colleges. Decent parents who work hard and know how to plan to raise a family, will have monies and know how to provide a proper education for their loved ones and ensure that they do not end up in such garbage gutters.

Decent parents who work hard and know how to plan to raise a family, will have monies and know how to provide a proper education for their loved ones and ensure that they do not end up in such garbage gutters.

Sorry, but that really is a load of bunk imho. But then again nowadays, the world seems to abound with 'bunk' and generalizations, parroted by those without much in the way of analytical abilities. Why? It's easy, especially for individuals who feel, well, above the average rabble of the world - or - had a 'silver spoon' implanted in their backside at birth.

But you're welcome to your opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Have you seen any internet "technician" here ? they all come from these ridiculous technical schools and know nothing !

I wonder how can someone let his kids join these gangsters and drug users schools ?

Please wake the hell up and stop the generalizations. You really don't have a clue what your talking about. There are some crap technical colleges out there, and then there are some pretty darn good ones. And there are some low-life, violent idiots that attend some of these schools, but there are also many motivated students. The average students in most of these schools are not 'gangsters and drug users'.

So, I sent my stepson to a technical college. Now, you want to say something derogatory about my wife and I? Spit it out. Be specific. Don't tippy-toe around it. You won't even offend me. You'll just display your own 'true colors'.

There's nothing I like better than self-righteous, holier-than-thou, 'special' people who think they are somehow above and better than the 'unwashed masses'. You're just another biased individual painting prejudiced views with a really broad brush, and the views you're spouting aren't even original. They're pretty wore out.

Let's talk realty:

Were there any 'gang wars' at my son's technical college? Nope.

Any drug busts? Nope

Any shooting, assaults, robberies, or senseless beatings? Nope.

You want to attempt to address your own biases? Try visiting a number of both public and private technical schools. You'll see both the good and the bad.

Edited by connda

Tech college in Thailand is for the naughty and dim.

Keeps them off the streets until they are old enough to work.

Very little attempt at education, more about keeping them busy so they can't cause too much trouble.

Reminds me of when I was in High School here in the USA back in 1974. Our school had just built this huge "Vocational School" building. The course lists had automotive stuff, body repair, electronics, etc. Now I happened to be in what was called the "A" division at the time and was taking Trigonometry, analysis, and things like that. I also liked to fiddle with electronic stuff at home and was also restoring my 1930 model A antique car. The electronics course(s) seemed reasonable to take. So I signed up. The very next day the guidance counselor nits called me down to the office and said I could not take the electronics course. I said why not? She said the vocational school is not for the smart people. Hmmm. Oh well. So I signed up for the calculus class instead. The math department head lady said I was too dumb to take calculus. hmmmm. Long story short, I have a BS degree in Mechanical engineering and a MS in Appllied Math and have had a long career in the Air Force and still work in the aerospace industry.

In retrospect, it is sad that they lump all those manual trades into not smart people, but the reality was they really did use the vocational school as a dumping ground for a lot of the kids.

Personally, I found the high school 'guidance counselors' were slightly less then useful, at least back in the 60s. Talking about 'dumping grounds', I sort of feel that the 'guidance counselors' were the individuals in the educational field who either lost their motivation to teach, or just really weren't cut out for it....soooo, they opted for - 'guidance counseling'.

My 'guidance counselors' told me that farming and agriculture were in my future. I have no idea where the hell they came up with that nonsense. I don't think they could make sense out of me: my IQ scores were high, but the standardize assessment tests that were suppose to show what 'career path' was best suited for me always came back - well - indecipherable. LoL. I was an enigma and they didn't know what to do with me. "You'll make a great dirt farmer." Of course, they never told me 'how' to excel in the field of agriculture. After that, I knocked the socks off the SAT. Then they were really confused. An average 'C' student, high IQ, and a SAT in the 90 percentile. Yeah, I really confused them, especially when I was interested in the tech school's aeronautical program. And like you I was told by both the 'guidance counselors' and my parent, "Tech school is for student who aren't too smart." I wish they would have just let me do what I wanted. I would have been a much happier camper working on and flying planes. Oh well, such is life.

Is he attending the 2 year army option which will allow him to opt out of the army conscription? This would require a uniform for himself and maybe money towards transport, camps etc

Check with him to see if he is doing this and if he is attending. If he is not attending then he won't get the opt out option. So it would be a waste of time and not worth putting money into. If everything is above board and he hasn't skipped on attendance then best to carry on and let him complete the 2 years.

If he honestly doesn't know what he is paying for then get him to find out. Going through life paying for stuff you don't know about and no receipts is not a good habit, break it now.

My wife's son is studying electric. The first 3 years in a Phuket technical college and now he is in the 1.st year i a technical college in the lower western part of Isaan.

The first year in Phuket, he spend som time Boy Scouting, but never anything army like.

We have never paid anything to the school which we did not get a recipe for, but we have only paid for school fees and uniforms incl. a boy scout uniform.

Here on TV you read a lot of how bad the electric work is done in this country, but in this tread many responses to the OP are very negative to Technical colleges. To have better technicians you need young people to study and learn and I don't think that kind of technicians comes out of the universities.

I have met many of the young people from the technical colleges and they were not the kind of boys some posters here describe students of technical colleges to be.

Regarding the belief held by some people that tech school is for dummies, I personally would have preferred to go to tech school but was force into college by my caring parents, which I dropped out of after 3 years.

Tech school in Thailand is not comparable to anything in the west (except maybe reformatory schools).

So, I sent my stepson to a technical college. Now, you want to say something derogatory about my wife and I? Spit it out. Be specific. Don't tippy-toe around it. You won't even offend me. You'll just display your own 'true colors'.

If you spoke Thai, you would have understood what the vocational schools in Thailand are for.

Clearly there are communication problems between you, the rest of your family, and the Thai community in general.

Probably your wife couldn't be bothered to try and change your opinions on schooling, or didn't have the language, or didn't want a confrontation, or didn't want to say her son was chucked out of school for disruptive behavior/not fitting in/having sex/not achieving grade 3 averages/questioning authority/bunking off school.

Hard to say!

PS

I've listed some of the more common reasons for pupils being asked to leave school in Thailand, take your pick or add your own.

I don't know your son, but I do know the government school system.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Have you seen any internet "technician" here ? they all come from these ridiculous technical schools and know nothing !

I wonder how can someone let his kids join these gangsters and drug users schools ?

It's because they have no concept of what the Tech schools are for in Thailand.

Quite often their Thai partner lies to them about the kids reason for leaving school, and say it's personal choice, not that they were chucked out.

Then we have seen others on this thread comparing something in the west, with something totally different in Thailand.

I think the concept of Thai schools chucking out 3/4 of their students at age 15 for being 'undesirable in some way' is unimaginable for many western men.

Nice coming from someone who thinks the Irish should push the "kill yourself' button in a previous post isn't it?

Wow, thanks for these nice posts. All I wanted to know was if others also pay money for any soldier bs.

Calling him "from the slums" is just insane and shows the poster's intelligence. And it includes my wife and me as well.

I do not think that you'd have the balls to tell him that face to face that he's from the "slums"? If you do, please let's meet.

I believe that he's old and bright enough to know what he's doing with his life. Thanks for the flowers.

All I was asking for was if somebody has kids who're studying at a technical college and have to pay money for something that involves soldiers, they can't really explain to you what for.

Of course does my wife think that's "normal." Anything that comes from a school, for example a donation for a new swimming pool isn't "normal" in my eyes.

Please don't call us people from the slums, who do not care about our son's education. Thanks for your kindest consideration.

Nice coming from someone who thinks the Irish should push the "kill yourself' button in a previous post isn't it?

Thank you for not understanding my joke. Why did you even bother and download it then? I'm neither a racist, nor do I dislike Irish people.

We're all human beings, no matter where we're from. Enjoy your weekend. Peace.

post-158336-0-70261600-1443165495_thumb.

Hi

If your son really has an interest in electronics, then can I suggest that he joins your local radio amateur club.

Thailand has one of the highest percentage of radio 'hams' in the world, up there with Japan and the USA. Granted that many radio hams simply buy a rig and have little interest in how it works etc, there are many radio hams who love to build their own radio and electronics gear. Especially in the ham community, there is a high interest in encouraging youngsters and teenagers to join in 'the fun', (else the hobby might become extinct).

You will have a ham club in your region. Grab the next guy who has his car festooned with antennas and ask where the ham club is.

Simon - (Thai ham HS0ZIB)

PS - As for the subsidizing of the army guy, that has scam written all over it. I know boys at the local technical college and they have never spoken about this.

Edited by simon43

Regarding the belief held by some people that tech school is for dummies, I personally would have preferred to go to tech school but was force into college by my caring parents, which I dropped out of after 3 years.

Tech school in Thailand is not comparable to anything in the west (except maybe reformatory schools).

If you spoke Thai, you would have understood what the vocational schools in Thailand are for.

Clearly there are communication problems between you, the rest of your family, and the Thai community in general.

Probably your wife couldn't be bothered to try and change your opinions on schooling, or didn't have the language, or didn't want a confrontation, or didn't want to say her son was chucked out of school for disruptive behavior/not fitting in/having sex/not achieving grade 3 averages/questioning authority/bunking off school.

Hard to say!

PS

I've listed some of the more common reasons for pupils being asked to leave school in Thailand, take your pick or add your own.

I don't know your son, but I do know the government school system.

I speak passable Thai, read and write to boot. We had bi-annual meeting with teachers and staff at the school. I have a background in electronics and digital electronics (including teaching) and I vetted the curriculum they were teaching their students (and my son). I just have to disagree with your premise and conclusions.

And what you're saying about my son? Please take it and put it where the sun don't shine. You don't know my son or my wife, so don't talk sh*t about my family.

Now, with that said, I actually like many of your posts MaeJoMTB. But on this one, you're seriously off-base to the point of being deliberately offensive. Try backing up and reining in the rhetoric. I'm pretty sure your not a bad guy. Ease up a little.

Edited by connda

Thank you for not understanding my joke. Why did you even bother and download it then? I'm neither a racist, nor do I dislike Irish people.

We're all human beings, no matter where we're from. Enjoy your weekend. Peace.

Love that T-shirt. Where can I get one. Lol. thumbsup.gif

post-87058-0-93337200-1443169191_thumb.j

Edited by connda

And what you're saying about my son? Please take it and put it where the sun don't shine. You don't know my son or my wife, so don't talk sh*t about my family.

Now, with that said, I actually like many of your posts MaeJoMTB. But on this one, you're seriously off-base to the point of being deliberately offensive. Try backing up and reining in the rhetoric. I'm pretty sure your not a bad guy. Ease up a little.

To be fair, he's not actually your son.

And I did say I had only listed a selection of reasons he MAY have been asked to leave.

Not only that,but your post did invite candid comments and you said you wouldn't be offended.

I would class you as 'overly sensitive' rather than 'hard to offend' .......... please don't misrepresent yourself.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

And I did say I had only listed a selection of reasons he MAY have been asked to leave.

Not only that,but your post did invite candid comments and you said you wouldn't be offended.

I would class you as 'overly sensitive' rather than 'hard to offend' .......... please don't misrepresent yourself.

Whatever. biggrin.png

Quite often their Thai partner lies to them about the kids reason for leaving school, and say it's personal choice, not that they were chucked out.

Then we have seen others on this thread comparing something in the west, with something totally different in Thailand.

I think the concept of Thai schools chucking out 3/4 of their students at age 15 for being 'undesirable in some way' is unimaginable for many western men.

Please let me put something straight. Our son's registered in my parents in law’s house book,(Tabien Baan) in a very little village that belongs to the provincial city, where we’re living and so is my wife, because we do not own a house.

But we live, and always did, in downtown Sisaket. No problem for kids to get into upper high school at a "better school", when they're registered in a house book in Sisaket city.

Even with a very bad test score. It might sound odd and doesn’t seem to make sense, but it’s the sad truth.

I had no idea about such weird regulations, that make it almost impossible for "normal people" from villages, to get them into a "proper school."

There're basically two reasons why he's at a technical college and not at a high school now.

One of them is his own decision ( and I'm glad that my parents also let me choose where I wanted to study) that he wanted to study electronics and computer technology to be able to invent his own computer games in the future, considering the soon starting ASEAN community, thinking about his job opportunities.

It might be just a dream of a teenager, but there's also a quite fair possibility that he'll be successful. I believe that electronic and computing will be THE market in the ASEAN community. Please have a look at Rajabhat students and tell me if they're better educated?

Not very difficult to set up a little business that might be really great, without investing millions of baht for education, equipment and so on.

Let's put it this way, we do have our plans and even if it won't work the way we're planning it, there's always another possibility available.

And here's another reason coming from us, my wife and me, why we accepted his decision. His former high school didn't have M 4- 6 classes and when visiting the principle of a "well known" high school, trying to get him in, they wanted to have 60 K + "under the table" to let our son in.

I do know that school pretty well, because I worked there for a few years. They're using agency guys to teach English and I know students who had five different foreigners within two months. But English isn't the problem, he's pretty good at it.

I’ve just recently met some ex-students, I taught when they’re in Prathom six. When I taught them, they could speak basic English and answer most questions in daily life situations. But after six more years studying English at high school, even the basic understanding was gone and they couldn’t even understand easiest questions.

Then you know that it’s only about money and nobody seems to care about the students’ educational outcome. Then the outstanding Rajabhat education and you’ve got the perfect son, or daughter who know all about nothing.

And the quality of education isn't worth to pay any money for it into a system that should be free. Then having 55+ students in one class can't be that good, right?

I had no idea, ( nor had my wife) that you can easily "change your address" by signing our son into a Thai friend's house book and our child would have been in the school without a problem.

It makes me sad and angry at the same time that kids from little villages do not have a chance to enjoy a good, or maybe a better education.

If you pay 60 K to get your child into that school, about 60- 70 % goes straight into the director's pocket, the rest will be shared by the other "superidiots.", sorry, I meant superiors.

But that's now water under the bridge and I help my son as much as I can, using my knowledge about computer programmes, electric and electronics, which is a hobby of mine. He's the best in English at his school and using Google search helps him a lot to find certain topic related stuff.

Thanks for those who're sharing their thoughts about their kids, stepsons and daughters.

The money is for an Army camp, it's that easy. FTA. Have a great weekend !!! wai2.gif

Of course he is his son. Probably the only Dad the boy has known.

All the poor comments on here from farangs about tech colleges yet still exposure their own children to the local school is somewhat hypocritical when other options are open. Not exactly putting the child first.

Please let me put something straight. Our son's registered in my parents in law’s house book,(Tabien Baan) in a very little village that belongs to the provincial city, where we’re living and so is my wife, because we do not own a house.

But we live, and always did, in downtown Sisaket. No problem for kids to get into upper high school at a "better school", when they're registered in a house book in Sisaket city.

Even with a very bad test score. It might sound odd and doesn’t seem to make sense, but it’s the sad truth.

I had no idea about such weird regulations, that make it almost impossible for "normal people" from villages, to get them into a "proper school."

There're basically two reasons why he's at a technical college and not at a high school now.

One of them is his own decision ( and I'm glad that my parents also let me choose where I wanted to study) that he wanted to study electronics and computer technology to be able to invent his own computer games in the future, considering the soon starting ASEAN community, thinking about his job opportunities.

It might be just a dream of a teenager, but there's also a quite fair possibility that he'll be successful. I believe that electronic and computing will be THE market in the ASEAN community. Please have a look at Rajabhat students and tell me if they're better educated?

Not very difficult to set up a little business that might be really great, without investing millions of baht for education, equipment and so on.

Let's put it this way, we do have our plans and even if it won't work the way we're planning it, there's always another possibility available.

And here's another reason coming from us, my wife and me, why we accepted his decision. His former high school didn't have M 4- 6 classes and when visiting the principle of a "well known" high school, trying to get him in, they wanted to have 60 K + "under the table" to let our son in.

I do know that school pretty well, because I worked there for a few years. They're using agency guys to teach English and I know students who had five different foreigners within two months. But English isn't the problem, he's pretty good at it.

I’ve just recently met some ex-students, I taught when they’re in Prathom six. When I taught them, they could speak basic English and answer most questions in daily life situations. But after six more years studying English at high school, even the basic understanding was gone and they couldn’t even understand easiest questions.

Then you know that it’s only about money and nobody seems to care about the students’ educational outcome. Then the outstanding Rajabhat education and you’ve got the perfect son, or daughter who know all about nothing.

And the quality of education isn't worth to pay any money for it into a system that should be free. Then having 55+ students in one class can't be that good, right?

I had no idea, ( nor had my wife) that you can easily "change your address" by signing our son into a Thai friend's house book and our child would have been in the school without a problem.

It makes me sad and angry at the same time that kids from little villages do not have a chance to enjoy a good, or maybe a better education.

If you pay 60 K to get your child into that school, about 60- 70 % goes straight into the director's pocket, the rest will be shared by the other "superidiots.", sorry, I meant superiors.

But that's now water under the bridge and I help my son as much as I can, using my knowledge about computer programmes, electric and electronics, which is a hobby of mine. He's the best in English at his school and using Google search helps him a lot to find certain topic related stuff.

Thanks for those who're sharing their thoughts about their kids, stepsons and daughters.

The money is for an Army camp, it's that easy. FTA. Have a great weekend !!! wai2.gif

Seems strange that you know all of this information, some of which is wide of the mark and slightly generalised from one experience, yet you don't know why you are giving your son money to go to school or what your son does at school.

We live in a small village outside of the catchment area of the major high school in the town. My daughter was able, as were a few other kids here, to go to that school. Why was she allowed there, free of charge? Because she got the required grades from the entrance tests. One of the things you didn't mention in your facts is that all schools are required to reserve 40% of the places for kids based soley on grades and not on addresses.

Maybe you were not told the whole story of your sons' grade nine grades.

Edited by puchooay

I agree with your statement. My stepson goes to A Technical College in Chiang Mai. His father pays high fees for him to attend but in saying that he failed school & had to go there. They are as stated not taught anything & expected to do it themselves. I tried to help him but being a Thai he does not accept help. I think the college he goes to is only a money making scheme for the owner. In the 3 years he has been going I have never ever seen him do homework. He goes to a friends to do his project work & it takes them forever to complete. Well he moved out of home so not my concern anymore thank God. He can now sit on his arse & play computer games which he loves.