Pattaya declares war on crime: Footpath intrusion

webfact

In Jakarta they built a large walkway from the bus terminal to a shopping mall in Blok M. They warned everyone that vendors would not be tolerated. Within days of it being opened all sorts of food vendors and what not managed to b lock at least half of it. The Police came in armed with guns. Everyone was ordered off it. Then a crane was brought in and every single stand,trolley etc was lifted up and dropped onto the ground and swept into garbage trucks. They did the same thing a week later and the message got through.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest headline for a long time:- "Pattaya declares war on crime:" cheesy.gif But when I saw what the "war on crime entailed" :- "Footpath intrusion:" cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Makes you wonder about some people's priorities as far as "Crime" is concerned, doesn't it?

"He said local authorities will convene a meeting to determine how to punish those that refuse to cooperate."

"what can we do? can you think of anything?"

"not off the top of my head."

"let's have a meeting"

"two heads are better than one"

"i think we should yell at them."

ok. write that down..."

Form a committee , of course....

Is this a "new" crackdown in Pattaya, or is it an annual event?

I really hope, that with the clean up of footpath intrusions, the City Hall officials actually clean the footpaths of all the cooking oil, and various other unsavoury stuff that the vendors think is OK to throw anywhere.

A walk along the footpath from Wat Chai in Pattaya Tai toward the KT Bank, is akin to walking through a sewage farm with the stench of urine, vomit, and also heaps of rotting vegetables Etc from the market opposite.

Just the kind of image to portray for a family friendly holiday city. - not