Thousands of migrants make camp in central Athens

webfact

Thousands of migrants make camp in central Athens

606x341_314112.jpg

ATHENS: -- At Victoria Square in central Athens thousands of stranded asylum seekers from Afghanistan have made a makeshift camp.

Migrants camp in central Athens square - http://t.co/jyzqxDhdRs | Swiss Cloud Server http://t.co/i0knbaoTb5 pic.twitter.com/ZsMuBoAvVi

Children fight for milk cartons given by anonymous donor in Victoria Square Athens.@Newshour tonight pic.twitter.com/sYbkvLEbTu
— Malcolm Brabant (@MalcolmBrabant) September 23, 2015

Some in the camp believe the problems of Afghanistan are being ignored while the international community focuses on Syria.

“Why does the world think that Syria is the only country at war, nobody thinks about Afghanistan, its been at war for 50 years!, about 50 years and what about the facilities? No water, no electricity; no possibility for any education in Afghanistan. All these teenagers grow up with no education.”

Victoria square at the center of Athens. After a rainy night. Inhuman condition. No toilet. Many of them sick. pic.twitter.com/cbeXagFevK
— Greek Refugee Forum (@Refugeegr) September 23, 2015

Greeks are doing what they can to help but resources are limited : “The Greek government has many problems and we as people have many problems ourselves. And we can’t solve the problem, there are too many we do what we can but it’s not enough. I think that there are nations there that are very wealthy they can really help,” said a civil servant handing out food.

Πλ. Βικτωρίας / victoria square Athens #refugeescrisis #refugeeswelcome #refugeesGr pic.twitter.com/VGodou8dPT
— DLamp (@LampDim) September 8, 2015

Those in camps face a difficult few days ahead with heavy rain forecast for Athens.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-09-25

It seams to my every migrant has been well schooled in what to say. It does not matter if there

are safe locations in there home countries or how many safe countries they pass through.

They go where you want and claim refugee status. Mama Merkel and Uncle Austria opened

there arms even compared Hungary to the Nazi's (that's rich) for enforcing the Dublin

agreement. Now they are doing the backstroke in there actions. Austria taking migrants back

to the Hungarian border for registration before letting them move on. Hungary's mistake was not

chartering busses to take them directly from the southern boarders directly to Vienna, Munich,

and other cities in Germany. As far as I am concerned this debacle is of Mama Merkel's making.

If I were a dissenting country I would give redistributed from Germany migrants/refugees an

immediate 10 year citizen passport that would allow them to return to Germany to live, work

and receive benefits, being an EU citizen. Most countries make then available but the cost

varies. Hungary can make theirs easy and have a 10 year expiry. coffee1.gif

I wonder where the Greeks are camping?

I wonder who is selling them the tents, they must be raking it in, Most of these supposed Migrants are not migrants at all, and are using this mass move for their own benefits, i am waiting for the time to come when it is announced that on of these Migrants have just committed a terrorist act, then it will be to late some would have achieved their goal,

I see a lot of single young men coming through, why dont they join the Syrian government and fight the bad people who are trying to take their country,

Assad regime is about on par with Islamists for cruelty. Though the Assad regime doesn't have a history of specially targeting minorities they do torture en masse the young and are by far the majority of civilian killed is by the dictatorship. Many Syrians are refusing to join the Assad military because of high causality rates, it's excessive cruelty and fear of revenge by Islamist groups. In the near future support for Assad will increase as realpolitik kicks in, led by Russia. Maybe Russia and other nations are able to constrain the regimes 'excesses' together with better training for his forces, enabling Assad to garner more support from within his local base.

Personally I believe Assad deserves the death penalty, but politics will rule otherwise.

nobody thinks about Afghanistan, its been at war for 50 years!, about 50 years and what about the facilities? No water,no electricity; no possibility for any education in Afghanistan. All these teenagers grow up with no education.”

So why are they having children when they know there is nothing for them after being born? Perhaps they are too stupid to understand that if you stick it in and shake it all about there will be a new baby in 9 months time.

Whatever, they made the baby, it's their responsibility to look after it, not the German taxpayer.

I wonder who is selling them the tents, they must be raking it in, Most of these supposed Migrants are not migrants at all, and are using this mass move for their own benefits, i am waiting for the time to come when it is announced that on of these Migrants have just committed a terrorist act, then it will be to late some would have achieved their goal,

I wonder who is feeding them? I wonder where all those thousands are going to the loo. Are they able to wash?

I wonder who is feeding them? I wonder where all those thousands are going to the loo. Are they able to wash?

Food & tents are mainly supplied by volunteers & NGOs, water from fountains and taps for washing. Some portable toilets. With the onset of winter government is trying to move them to better facilities if they are unable to afford travel to Northern Europe. If you're really interested in detail do some Google searches.

These aren't refugees and aren't entitled to stay. They are economic opportunists. They should be sent back to Afghanistan.

There are around 2.5 million Afghani refugees who are unable to return to their home towns / villages because on ongoing fighting. Many Afghan refugees are Hazara, plus some other ethnic minority groups who are targeted for killing by the Taliban. Afghani refugees forcibly returned have been murdered.

At least 5,400 Afghan police and army were killed in 2014, together with 3,699 civilians killed and 6,849 injured.

Food & tents are mainly supplied by volunteers & NGOs, water from fountains and taps for washing. Some portable toilets. With the onset of winter government is trying to move them to better facilities if they are unable to afford travel to Northern Europe. If you're really interested in detail do some Google searches.

yeah and i suppose they will qualify for a winter payment too, People pay good money to go camping, so that shows just how interested i am about it,

yeah and i suppose they will qualify for a winter payment too, People pay good money to go camping, so that shows just how interested i am about it,

So you're just another troll