Distilled Water

LeftFootRightEar

Any drinking water is distilled (well, filtered, with the same result) water. If you want to have specific car water, look for the pink stuff at the car supplies "non acid electrolyte", meant to refill lead-acid batteries).

Edited by MadMac

Auto section at Tesco Lotus.

That was the first place I checked (over by JJ Market) but they didn't have any. Maybe I was there on the wrong day? I'll give it another shot, thanks!

Any drinking water is distilled (well, filtered, with the same result) water. If you want to have specific car water, look for the pink stuff at the car supplies "non acid electrolyte", meant to refill lead-acid batteries).

Thanks, I appreciate the advice, but that's not true. I'm looking to clean computers, monitors, and other electronics. Normal drinking water, whether it's purified, filtered, tap, mountain spring, etc. conduct electricity and may leave a residue from the mineral and metal content in the water. Distilled water is the closest thing to pure H20 available and are ideal for homemade cleaning solutions.

At any fuel station.

In the shops? Or are you talking about the battery solution also?

In the US, the product I'm looking for is usually in the water section or medicine sections at grocery stores similar to Tesco.

Thanks everyone!

Rubbish your facts are 100% incorrect

What is incorrect? Drinking water is stripped of all but the Water content and as such will dilute your body of minerals. We learned that in school, that drinking distilled water is unhealthy. Of course the Nestle's of this world will tell you otherwise. Easier to sell nutritional adds then.

Try it and drink mineral water. I had sometimes cramps in my lags from too less magnesium. Since I drink only mineral water they are gone. Of coure you can believe what the water industry tells you...

But that was not the question here as OP want to use the water for cleaning electronics.

I just use battery water it is distilled.

Right on thanks, maybe I'll give that a shot. Is the water pink as stated above?

Not the water I get. The wife has been getting it by the case at a gas station close to Chiang Mai Gate. It is on the South Side of the moat on the south side of the old city. I am not sure which station she gets it at. It comes in cases of 12. About a liter not sure could be less. I have been using it in my C pap machine for 9 years. No problems what so ever.

Edit

I just realized if it had color in it then it would not be distilled. Distillation is to remove every thing from the water. There may be a special water to clean electronics. I don't know about that.

Edited by northernjohn

I just use battery water it is distilled.

Right on thanks, maybe I'll give that a shot. Is the water pink as stated above?

The water is not pink, but is sometimes sold in a pink bottle. Mostly the bottle is light gray however. Sold at any gas station. Can't remember if the price

is 10B or 20B per one liter bottle.

Well, I call that "pinkish". Maybe the guys at Deutsche Telekom would disagree and insist on "magenta", but it certainly is not clean and it does not come in pink bottles.
Why it's needed, no idea. I would just use drinking water, which is as close to distilled water as it gets, to refill a dry battery.

battery_water.jpg

The one I purchase at the car fuel stations (I go to any station along 118) is the SUPER POWER brand PURE DISTILLED WATER , the rest of the print is in Thai. The print is in blue.

The bottle is 0.5 l and costs around 20 Baht, ;if I am correct. I use it for my iron and we have also used it to top up a car battery.

I always took it that battery water is de-ionised water and not necessarily distilled - if it was it wouldn't be pink -

Depends how much you need - for small amounts I suggest you place a large pyrex jug (or similar) over your kettle if you get the right angle it will collect the steam, condense it and it will drip down and off the spout into what ever you've got below to collect the distilled water.

It is normally in auto section of Big C/Tesco/Makro. Some bike repair shops may also have some

Not the pink colored one. It is clear just like any other water. The bottle will normally be translucent with a blue cap and either blue or green print. It might also say 'for battery use' 11-13 baht for 1100ml bottles.

"Nam glan" is how to ask for distilled water.

Distilled water is NOT the same as drinking water normally sold in Thailand and other countries. It is all about how the water is purified. Distilled water is normally done with steam rising to the top of a heated container, and the steam is captured and condenses back into water in a separate container. 99.9% pure water. This simulates how the sun heats up water, it evaporates (rises), forms a cloud, and then rains down. What is normally called 'drinking water' is usually cleaned with reverse osmosis; check the smaller print on the front and/or back of the bottle.

You can [and IMO should] drink distilled water on a regular basis, especially if you are fasting. Thailand doesn't seem to have any distributors that sell distilled water in the bottled water section. If you hop over to Malaysia, you would see the supermarkets have bottled distilled water as a regular option; they used to have them in their 7-elevens also.

I would really like a distilled water maker, haven't been able to find any here. Or if I could order it from the water delivery people in those 18L containers would be perfect; like 25 baht or whatever.

Edited by 4evermaat

Why do we have this discussion? Drinking water in TH does not contain any minerals, it's as clean as distilled water. Thus sucking out minerals of your body if you drink it. It's unhealthy!

There are tons of discussions too...so feel free to believe, what Nestle tells you.

Drinking water is most certainly NOT the same as distilled water.

It's made differently but the result is virtually the same.

No it's not.

Similarities and differences: deionized water vs distilled water vs reverse osmosis water

-> Deionized water vs distilled water – DI water is as pure as the distilled water or even purer;

-> Reverse osmosis water vs distilled water – RO water is more saturated with salts and oxygen than the distilled water and DI water;

-> Reverse osmosis and deionization are a more cost-effective than the distillation.

http://www.distilleddeionizedwater.com/deionized-water-vs-distilled-water/

Why do we have this discussion? Drinking water in TH does not contain any minerals, it's as clean as distilled water. Thus sucking out minerals of your body if you drink it. It's unhealthy!

There are tons of discussions too...so feel free to believe, what Nestle tells you.

Why do you think so? As you say, many people think drinking distilled water is very unhealthy in the long term due to the lack of minerals, so why would the drinking water in Thailand have these minerals removed? And how, if not through distillation?

Do you have any reference for your claim that the drinking water in Thailand, from Nestle and whoever, is as clean as distilled water?

Where can I find some? Might sound like a silly question but I've been to Tesco & other big stores, pharmacies, corner stores, 7-11, you name it. I come with pictures and translations of what I'm looking for and all I get are confused looks and giggles. Two months later.... where can I find this stuff?

Thanks

Let me know if you dont find any as I have a good quality water distillation unit i use to make colloidal silver with.

Im happy to help you out if you message me.

I also have a good ppm tester and it gives a reading of 0 particles.

Cheers

JT65

Do you have any reference for your claim that the drinking water in Thailand, from Nestle and whoever, is as clean as distilled water?

You can read what is written on the bottles. Reverse Osmosis, Deionization, UV etc. Then you may use the greatest source of knowledge, Google, to figure out, that water with removed minerals will dilute your body of exactly these. That's what "drinking water" does, as "distilled water".

But if you are a fanboy/girl of the water industry, keep going in ruining your balanced body and flush out all the stuff it needs. Don't forget to buy mineral pills though, to compensate thumbsup.gif

Edited by MadMac

If you are not drinking it, you could collect the water condensate from your air con...

Absolutely Not drinking it. Best left to drain in the garden just in case it gets mixed up otherwise it could be the hospital or the morgue

Edited by Dellboy218