Chumphon police arrest train conductor who allegedly groped schoolgirl

Jonathan Fairfield

Chumphon police arrest train conductor who allegedly groped schoolgirl

post-137452-0-04898700-1443422717_thumb.

Image: Daily News

CHUMPON:-- Police have arrested a train conductor who sexaully abused a schoolgirl as she travelled on a train on Wednesday evening.

The schoolgirl told police how the conductor, identified as Mr Sumat, 53, forced her to sit next to him in an empty carriage on an Luang Suan bound train.

It is alleged that Mr Sumat then started kissing and touching the schoolgirl, reports Daily News.

The ordeal only stopped when the schoolgirl managed to raise the alarm by messaging her older sister using the instant messaging app LINE.

When the train arrived at its destination, the conductor tried to run away but the schoolgirl’s father and other family members were waiting for him at the station.

The family members then confronted the conductor and began hitting him.

The father alledges the conductor tried to offer him money in order for the family not to press charges.

According to Daily News, the girl told police how she tried to escape but the conductor blocked her path.

She also said that she had thought about screaming to raise the alarm but was worried the conductor would kill her and throw her from the train, in the same way another young girl was horrifically raped and murdered by a train guard in Prachuap Khiri Khan last year.

It was this incident which prompted the government to introduce women only carriages on trains in Thailand.

Police have now pressed charges against the conductor and he has subsequently been suspended by the State Railways of Thailand.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-28

good thing they are going to ban LINE soon in Thailand. No more calls for help from anybody. a big step forward. YOU MORONS.

throw the conductor from the back of the train at 100 kph. next case.

Any evidence of that or is it just a blatant lie ?.

Did you buy a phone which will only run LINE ?. I can make calls on mine as well - in fact that would be my preferred way to get help.

YOU really shouldn't be calling other people morons. They will not ban LINE and the 'single gateway' will not happen.

Funny how the family waited for the train why didnt they call the cops

Not funny at all. The family is probably fully aware of how the RTP operate and decided to get in some Frontier justice. If it was my little girl and I got there first the police would have had to go get him from the hospital. I hope that the family smashed this filthy dog before the cops got there.

Funny how the family waited for the train why didnt they call the cops

Prior bitter experience???

I don't know whether you live in Thailand, but I can imagine that they might do this. It's real simple, a large proportion of the population do not trust the cops. To the extreme. It is common knowledge how those in office, the elite, or those who just have money, can get out of trouble through a donation to the Policeman's Ball. After-all the report says that he already tried. They wanted to grab the guy first, calling the cops was secondary. They wanted him to be fingered first, identified (before being whisked away), probably photographed, and roughed up a little. I would do the same if it happened to one of my kids, and the timing was right.

good thing they are going to ban LINE soon in Thailand. No more calls for help from anybody. a big step forward. YOU MORONS.

Did you buy a phone which will only run LINE ?. I can make calls on mine as well - in fact that would be my preferred way to get help.

YOU really shouldn't be calling other people morons. They will not ban LINE and the 'single gateway' will not happen.

the people who wrote the new law are morons.

Blatant lie? where have you been? it is all over the internet. just like china they will block anything that allows communications they can't read. it was a secret project and the information was released by mistake. a Thai researcher in the USA found the information buried in the documents and released the story on Twitter. the end of October the system will be fully operational.

If the documents had not been accidentally released, the firewall would have been turned on in just a few weeks without any warning. they can't get permission from line to monitor, so it has to be turned off. Sorry. no more. very easy really.

"Last year the junta sought access to citizens’ Line chat groups to monitor illegal messages and claimed it could immediately inspect the conversations after their friend request is accepted."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/09/25/junta-implementing-great-firewall-thailand

bangkok post has the best story. the new law was buried in other documents and has already been implemented. it is a done deal.

read the Bangkok post story.

it is obvious they have been testing and making changes in the last 36 hours.

I don't think sacking the man is sufficient he needs to be charged with attempting to rape the girl and given a sentence of at least 5 years and his testicles removed that should keep his urges down .

As none of us were there, we are not aware as to the extent of the alleged assault, so to suggest he be charged with attempted rape, given 5 years goal and castration is a little over the top at this time, unless you know more than the rest of us. So you are one of those who convicts an alleged offender based on an allegation. Thank god you're not responsible for the application of the law. Sensationalise without knowledge does not imply justice.

When was he sacked? According to the report he was suspended after being charged by police so at least stick with the information, as reported, again unless you know more? Also, before jumping to conclusions, let's wait and see what he has been charged with before going over the top with what or what shouldn't be done to this alleged offender.

Not condoning anything this person has allegedly perpetrated but why do many keep going off and suggest that all types of actions be inflicted or charges laid without having full knowledge of all the circumstances.

Now, if he carried out a sexual assault on this young girl, as alleged, then, as some have indicated already, many Thais do not trust the RTP and would turn up and dish out some summary justice before calling them. They know how the law and justice works here, so if the situation is as alleged then he has received a precursor of what he might expect if convicted and gaoled. Paedophiles are not taken lightly inside prisons any where in the world.

Edited by Si Thea01

I don't think sacking the man is sufficient he needs to be charged with attempting to rape the girl and given a sentence of at least 5 years and his testicles removed that should keep his urges down .

As none of us were there, we are not aware as to the extent of the alleged assault, so to suggest he be charged with attempted rape, given 5 years goal and castration is a little over the top at this time, unless you know more than the rest of us. So you are one of those who convicts an alleged offender based on an allegation. Thank god you're not responsible for the application of the law. Sensationalise without knowledge does not imply justice.

When was he sacked? According to the report he was suspended after being charged by police so at least stick with the information, as reported, again unless you know more? Also, before jumping to conclusions, let's wait and see what he has been charged with before going over the top with what or what shouldn't be done to this alleged offender.

Not condoning anything this person has allegedly perpetrated but why do many keep going off and suggest that all types of actions be inflicted or charges laid without having full knowledge of all the circumstances.

Now, if he carried out a sexual assault on this young girl, as alleged, then, as some have indicated already, many Thais do not trust the RTP and would turn up and dish out some summary justice before calling them. They know how the law and justice works here, so if the situation is as alleged then he has received a precursor of what he might expect if convicted and gaoled. Paedophiles are not taken lightly inside prisons any where in the world.

Jesus what a twerp.

Jesus what a twerp.

Jesus wasn't on the train!

the people who wrote the new law are morons.

Blatant lie? where have you been? it is all over the internet. just like china they will block anything that allows communications they can't read. it was a secret project and the information was released by mistake. a Thai researcher in the USA found the information buried in the documents and released the story on Twitter. the end of October the system will be fully operational.

If the documents had not been accidentally released, the firewall would have been turned on in just a few weeks without any warning. they can't get permission from line to monitor, so it has to be turned off. Sorry. no more. very easy really.

"Last year the junta sought access to citizens’ Line chat groups to monitor illegal messages and claimed it could immediately inspect the conversations after their friend request is accepted."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/09/25/junta-implementing-great-firewall-thailand

bangkok post has the best story. the new law was buried in other documents and has already been implemented. it is a done deal.

read the Bangkok post story.

it is obvious they have been testing and making changes in the last 36 hours.

Ahh don't you just love the "WHERE'S YOUR PROOF" crowd on TV?

Jesus what a twerp.

Another superb contribution by one who would know. Congratulations on your articulation skills and writing abilities.