Cop accused of beating taxi driver and firing Into air outside RCA in Bangkok

webfact

Cop Accused of Beating Taxi Driver and Firing Into Air Outside RCA
By Khaosod English

BANGKOK — A 27-year-old police officer is under arrest for allegedly assaulting a taxi driver with his friends and firing his handgun into the air seven times early this morning near a popular nightlife area in the capital.

Police Lance Cpl. Boonseth Wutthiwinyuchon and a friend were taken into custody this morning on suspicion of beating a taxi driver senseless because he mistakenly thought the man had spoken to him at about 2:30am near the entrance to Bangkok’s Royal City Avenue.

Boonseth and a friend who reportedly joined him in the attack, Chutirat Thanormsingha, also 27, were brought to the Makkasan Police Station station this morning where they were taken into custody.

According to witnesses, 31-year-old year cab driver Thanin Pramnak and his colleagues stopped by a drink vendor near the nightlife zone’s entrance to buy water after finishing their shifts.

Thanin reportedly teased his friend to buy water for him, but Boonseth, who was patronizing the same vendor, thought Thanin was talking to him, so pushed at his chest in anger and shouted “What the <deleted> is wrong with you?” at Thanin.

One of Thanin’s friends, Surachai Foithong, said the victim politely told Boonseth he wasn’t talking to him, but Boonseth nevertheless slapped Thanin in the face. Thanin fought back, and Boonseth called in four of his friends to help beat Thanin until he lost consciousness, according to Surachai.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1443438317

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-28

Boonseth also reportedly took his handgun out, aimed it at Thanin, then discharged it into the air seven times. Boonseth and his friends then got into a van and drove away.
Thanin was taken to a hospital and admitted to intensive care. Medical workers described his condition as critical.
Armed, drunken policeman in RCA Party Area.
Shooting around, threatening people and beat them hospitalized.
Who chooses that these imbeciles are actually be suitable for the police service?
And those dimwits remain in the police service?
Disgusting.

Chitpas "Tant" Kridakorn, the singa heiress is looking good now, eh.

Think she always looked good, and educated which is a lot more than can be said for the vast majority of BIB.

Plus the cabbie should be thanking his lucky stars that the shots were fired into the air -- not like Chalerm's pride and joy who shot the guy at point blank - of course no one saw anything and the A-hole is now free running around like nothing happened.

And a police guy arrested - bloody hell, what is the country coming to, next they will be putting rogue cops in jail.

First of all take away his firearm and put a red stamp on him as owner/possessor of firearms for the rest of his life!
Secondly he should be kicked out of the police force and then stand trail for assault, reckless discharge of firearm and endanger of public... just as they should do with so many police officers in US!

Boonseth also reportedly took his handgun out, aimed it at Thanin, then discharged it into the air seven times. Boonseth and his friends then got into a van and drove away.
Thanin was taken to a hospital and admitted to intensive care. Medical workers described his condition as critical.

Who chooses that these imbeciles are actually be suitable for the police service?

Disgusting.

Sir, I am sorry to bring to your notice that this type of scum exists EVERYWHERE!

It is a pity that you know only the bad in the RTP.

For example, just search Youtube for "California Highway Patrol Officer Beating Woman in the Head on Side of Road" and tell me if that is nice - you have NEVER EVER heard anything like that before?

Edit

I could send you heaps of links to such incidents if you cant find any.

Edited by ravip

Disgusting.

Sir, I am sorry to bring to your notice that this type of scum exists EVERYWHERE!

For example, just search Youtube for "California Highway Patrol Officer Beating Woman in the Head on Side of Road" and tell me if that is nice - you have NEVER EVER heard anything like that before?

Edit

Oh, I see. So that makes the Thai cop's behaviour all right then.

Please forgive us if we thought the Thai cop's behaviour was unacceptable.

Disgusting.

Edit

That makes it alright then does it? For a pissed up cop and his 4 mates to beat someone unconscious and put them in hospital in a critical condition? To take is gun with him on a night's drinking and point it at people and fire off several rounds?

There are indeed scum police in lots of countries. But the proportion of BiB who act like this seems much higher. A totally out of control corrupt ineffective undisciplined and poorly commanded bunch would be hard to find anywhere else as these.

Disgusting.

Edit

I thought this was about a BIB beating a taxi driver ? Ok so you want to compare a California Highway Patrol Officer who beat on a woman on the side of the road. Yes that cop is a true low life piece of shit for sure !! but you must of noticed he didn't need 4 of his friends to come help him like a Thai cop would have needed !! wai2.gif

Edit

I don't have to send you any links about bad BIB's just look in the news Everyday whistling.gif

Disgusting.

Edit

Isn't this topic about a member of the RTP?

The fact that this could or does happen elsewhere in no way diminishes the criminality and lack of training and self discipline off this idiot policeman and his mates!

Disgusting.

Edit

Thainess gang out in full force again...

I have never ever heard of any cop in any civilized country (northern Europe) taking their service weapon with them when they go out drinking, not to meantion firing it. And to my knowledge cops in Sweden leave their guns at the station after ending their shift... so yeah... thainess gang defending stupid shit done by stupid thais.

Disgusting.

Edit

Another person who just can't seem to handle criticism of the RTP. This is a forum for Thailand not California. Yes there are many types of scum everywhere but this is talking about the RTP who seem daily to have silly articles about there behavior. Please do not try and defend this as you are trying too. If you want to complain about the Californian Police go to that forum or anywhere else. This is a news article and people are commenting on it.

I can barely imagine the condition these four cops left that poor cab driver in, probably will never be able to walk or talk the same the rest of his life. There isn't a penalty that is enough for this cop and his friends. The idea that they thought it was ok to beat the cabie to near death is frightening. I'd of thought cab drivers would be treated kindly for a spell after they helped the police solve the Erawin bombing case.