Honda PCX v Yamaha N Max

Just Curious

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a go on the NMax, all I can say is wow, soooooo comfortable, I think Honda have got serious competition, never driven the PCX but I have sat on one many times and it's no way in the same comfort league as the NMax, I'm off to Yamaha to order mine.

That's some quality trolling

This is not the "fishing in Thailand forum, it's the bikes in Thailand forum"

USB not a problem, I am having 12v power outlet installed under the seat which is for an air compressor also phone charger, my Click seat is awful but the NMax is just great, I'm big with long legs, no problem stretching them out, Givi top box on the back and I'm ready for my Cha am trip this coming December.

Good News... I did not see the power outlet under the seat.

I took a test drive of the NMAX two days ago.

Can you please tell where it is possible to take a test drive? I'm interested to buy but I want to test it first.

Thank you.

This was a special day in Ao Nang for test driving certain Yamahas .... The main dealership is in Krabi Town and I am sure a test drive could be made there. Just zip on down via Nok Air -- cheap .... have a weekend at the beach at Ao Nang. :)

USB not a problem, I am having 12v power outlet installed under the seat which is for an air compressor also phone charger, my Click seat is awful but the NMax is just great, I'm big with long legs, no problem stretching them out, Givi top box on the back and I'm ready for my Cha am trip this coming December.

Good News... I did not see the power outlet under the seat.

It's not installed as standard, you have to buy the power outlet yourself which they will install for you, it simply connects to the battery.

Mrs.Trans PCX is now 6 years old, sweet as a nut. New battery at 5 years old. Just wish it had a kick start in reserve.

I'm not saying the PCX is bad in fact I know it is very good, for me being very tall the NMax is better as it is very similar to the Forza where you can stretch your legs out further than on the PCX, thought about buying the PCX many times but whenever I sat on It comfort was an issue, glad the NMax has come out its perfect now for my long trips.

I thought I answered this .. but can't find it. My test drive was in Ao Nang, Krabi on a special promotion day. The Krabi Town main dealership probably has one for test drive.. Just fly on down Nok Air is Cheap :)

Just back from Yamaha with the NMax, my initial thought after driving a few kms was "oh my god how hard is this ride" checked the tire pressures, rear should be 36psi(50psi) front should be 22psi(40psi) no wonder the ride was hard, very comfortable and very different from my Click, should be good on my upcoming 1500km plus trip this December.

Finally I could rent a NMAX here in Pattaya and test drive it.

My opinion:

It drives similar to the PCX, but very different to the Nouvo Elegance. I still prefer the Nouvo Elegance, but unfortunately they don't build it any longer. If I have to choose between the PCX 150 and the NMAX I would buy the NMAX. The NMAX has more power, it has ABS and it is more beautiful.

I tried to get my carwash people excited with checking tire pressure. I thought it might impress their farang clientele that they are concerned about safety and lead ...increased tips... more business, maybe?

I would have given them my nice digital gauge too.

Apparently they didn't think it was a very good idea as they slathered my treads with that super slippery shiny stuff. Looks niceblink.png

I agree this type of bike is the best and safest bike to own in Thailand, but with the addition of ABS disc brake front and rear much bigger tires and being the same price as the PCX many people I'm sure will seriously consider the Yamaha, the only thing The PCX does better is it has more under seat storage, obviously still a great bike, they are everywhere! mostly owned Honda all my driving life decided on something different.

No contest, the NMAX is far superior..

Looks like they copied the basic design of a PCX..

T Max, NMax, Forza 300, Forza 125 all similar to PCX design, Yamaha have done good with the NMax giving it ABS, front and rear discs for the same price, if I was a new buyer it's not rocket science which to choose unless you are a dedicated Honda buyer and want nothing else.

PCX is obviously a great bike and global seller but now there is something better at the same price.

Just my opinion of course.

Three days ago I bought the NMAX that I posted about previously. I am quite pleased so far... I tested the ABS brake system on a wide open road area with no traffic. I speed up to about 50 kph... then applied hard -- but not emergency hard.... Wow - smooth quick even balanced stop ... no brake stuttering, no movement side to side / swerving, no noise... my speed dropped to 17 kph is just a few seconds maybe 3 seconds or so. Exactly what I was hoping it would do ... And I weigh in excess of 100 kg.

The mirrors work fine - no vibration as with the test model (that had been laid down by a previous driver. However I now notice for my taste that I do not like the odd rectangle/triangle shape - nor do am I impressed with the 'stalks' that they are mounted on ... They should be a bit more beefy IMO... At some point I will order a pair of mirrors to my liking from lazada or some other after market outfit.

I am also looking for a pair of rigid plastic 'saddle bags' ... haven't found any yet - but will keep looking. I just do not want nor like that bobble head looking thing on my back seat for extra storage.

The NMAX is like some cars ... all of a sudden I glanced down and saw that I was going much faster than I thought I was.

Yes - the ride is hard... and I just saw the post about tire pressure. I will be fixing that today. Thanks poster.

I have been renting bikes for a year and now I can put that money each month into the credit card balance pay off... instead of just letting it fly away to the bike rental company.

I ordered the auxiliary power jack - it is a device with the 'cigarette lighter' socket and a USB socket. It comes with a phone cradle but doubt I will use the cradle.

post-135557-0-69828600-1447199680_thumb.post-135557-0-91131700-1447199693_thumb.post-135557-0-40220400-1447199703_thumb.

Three days ago I bought the NMAX that I posted about previously. I am quite pleased so far... I tested the ABS brake system on a wide open road area with no traffic. I speed up to about 50 kph... then applied hard -- but not emergency hard.... Wow - smooth quick even balanced stop ... no brake stuttering, no movement side to side / swerving, no noise... my speed dropped to 17 kph is just a few seconds maybe 3 seconds or so. Exactly what I was hoping it would do ... And I weigh in excess of 100 kg.

The mirrors work fine - no vibration as with the test model (that had been laid down by a previous driver. However I now notice for my taste that I do not like the odd rectangle/triangle shape - nor do am I impressed with the 'stalks' that they are mounted on ... They should be a bit more beefy IMO... At some point I will order a pair of mirrors to my liking from lazada or some other after market outfit.

I am also looking for a pair of rigid plastic 'saddle bags' ... haven't found any yet - but will keep looking. I just do not want nor like that bobble head looking thing on my back seat for extra storage.

The NMAX is like some cars ... all of a sudden I glanced down and saw that I was going much faster than I thought I was.

Yes - the ride is hard... and I just saw the post about tire pressure. I will be fixing that today. Thanks poster.

I have been renting bikes for a year and now I can put that money each month into the credit card balance pay off... instead of just letting it fly away to the bike rental company.

I ordered the auxiliary power jack - it is a device with the 'cigarette lighter' socket and a USB socket. It comes with a phone cradle but doubt I will use the cradle.

attachicon.gifP_20151110_125540.jpgattachicon.gifP_20151110_125644.jpgattachicon.gifP_20151110_125705_1_p.jpg

I agree the mirrors are not sturdy enough but it's just a very minor thing that could be fixed when something becomes available, I have the top box, can't have a bike without one, looks okay, NMax is a very very good scooter(same price as the PCX) the seat is super comfortable, brakes very good, fuel consumption very good, all in all so glad I did not buy the PCX, 12v outlet under the seat which takes a charger for two phones, excellent.

Tire pressures are very important, they are recommended for a reason.

You tested the ABS with firm but not full force braking

on a clean dry road?

At 50 ?

Not stuttering?

Your brakes are okay of course, but those conditions will not activate the ABS technology.

50 to 17 in three seconds?

My Nouvo can brake better.

Archived