Bangkok’s Ratchaprasong shopping district returns lively with shoppers and tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

Bangkok’s Ratchaprasong shopping district returns lively with shoppers and tourists

12064287_10153668296763637_306092894_n-w

BANGKOK:-- Thai Shopping Center Association yesterday revealed that the Ratchaprasong bombing incident has only slightly affected their sales, as shoppers and tourists now have returned to the commercial and business areas as usual.

However more CCTV cameras are being added to ensure the areas of full safety.

This was revealed by the president of the Thai Shopping Centre Association (TSCA) Mrs Walaya Chirathiwat yesterday.

She said that shopping center sales have not been adversely affected by the bombing at Ratchaprasong intersection.

Furthermore, she expected that the third quarter of this year will see an exponential increase in tourist numbers that will most probably exceed projections.

She said that along with the expected rise in domestic consumer spending, the association expected an income projection rise of around 10 % from 2014 which stood at 1.61 trillion baht.

She also revealed that higher security measures will be put in place such as increased numbers of high-tech CCTV cameras will be installed at all shopping centers of its members.

At present, its members have 13,000 CCTV cameras installed and employ around 5,000 security personnel at its shopping centres.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-30

This sounds like the BS from TAT.

Suvarnabhumi has never been more quiet than it is now. Only a few immigration counters for arriving and departing were needed the other day and they had lines of 2 to 4 people. Less than 25-30 minutes to clear the airport from landing, with immigration and picking up checked in baggage.

You are basing this on just your recent entry. If I based it on mine last Wednesday at 10:15am it was the longest line I have experienced in 15 years!! My flight from Hong Kong was 100 % filled almost all westerners and they had 2 security guards telling people to go to visa on arrival line which I took one look at and came back. Over one full hour just to get to to immigration. The longest I have ever waited before was 45 min.