Bangsaen And Sri Racha Area.

BKK90210

Thanks Archie

Yep…will be there in a few months hopefully! Currently my last hurdle is waiting for our house to be sold in this doggy market!... and the work permit clearance letter from the thai labor dept. via Sunbelt.

My heart's already there….but the body still here :o BUMMER!

Edited by BKK90210

I would encourage all farangs to move to Sri Racha. I plan to do this soon from my Bangkok Apt. This is a prime area with numerous nice Apts, condos and houses to live in. The Apt chain I live in in BKK has a serviced Apt outlet I am moving to there. It's a beautiful area with all the amenities that a farang looks for. I can understand why folks currently living there don't want to say anything nice about the place as the last thing they need is more farangs moving in and driving up prices. That attitude is not fair though and rather selfish. So go and have a look! You'll be glad you did. Hope to see you there in a few months!

I bought at Jomthien in mid 80s and it was so beautiful. I had the whole of Dongtan beach to myself and green fields all around. Now? You know what its like now. Fields are 99.9% under concrete and the beaches 99.9% under scruffy chairs, tables and umbrellas.

I don't know Sriracha but have visited Bang Saen beach for a very short time and was impressed by the order and cleanliness and state of the roads and sidewalks and stalls, which begs the question: Why can't Jomthien and Pattaya have the same?

Let's hope that the Sriracha powers that be have good planning in place for Sriracha. Presently, here at Jomthien, I have a 'nightclub' at the back of the building and the noise is horrible but, luckily, it can't be heard when I am inside with the doors and windows closed.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I've lived one year in Sri Racha.

The city is a bit too crowded for me and there's really not much to see for tourists. There's always a lot of traffic in the area around the mall and it's very noisy over there. The prices of the land go up very quickly (in sriracha and around) because many people that are working in Leam Chabang (harbour) live in Sriracha. About one year ago they made the city park a bit bigger and now it's a nice park. Near the city parc there's a small Island (Ko Loy), which can be reached by car which. It's a nice place to walk.

The shopping mall is the perfect place for a farang to cool down (I love airco). Everyone calls it Robinson, but there are also other shops, like TOPPS supermarket. There's another mall called tukcom which is like a small Pantip Plaza (they sell mainly computers, software and electronic stuff).

There are some very nice Thai restaurants in Sriracha and there are also some farang restaurants but I really don't like the farang food over there. I just go to eat eat pizza sometimes in the pizza company because I miss the taste of bread, but for the rest I eat only Thai food.

The cinema is on the top floor of the mall but they almost never have any good movie. If you move a bit outside the city centre the infrastructure sucks. At many places the water distribution system doesn't work during daytime and electricity and telephone lines are bad. You can get broadband internet at many addresses in SriRacha but there also many addresses outside the city centre where ADSL is still not available.

The sidewalks are terrrible in Sriracha. The sidewalks have a different levels in front of every house and people use them to sell things which forces you to walk on the streets (and this in dangerous). But I guess many cities in Thailand suffer from this problem.

Sri Racha people are not poor. In fact many of them are pretty rich.

If you would have (small) children, there are some very nice looking (Thai) schools in SriRacha.

There's a food market in SriRacha (near the big watch tower, a bit more down the hill). And somewhere between the Ko loy and the mall there's a night market. If you want to have an overview of Sri racha you can climb up the big gray iron watch tower in the city centre.

Sri Racha people are kind. They are used to see a lot of farangs and they don't want to get anything from you (they know farang from work, not from tourism). Public transportation is good.

If you can choose where to live in Thailand, I wouldn't advice you to go to live in Sriracha. There are much nicer places in Thailand.

I like Bangsaen. It's much more quiet (on weekdays) and it's a beautiful place.

Edited by kriswillems

My Apt complex here in BKK has a serviced Apt complex in Sri Racha. I'm paying 60K here for an unservice 175 sq mtr place in a perfect location. The place in Sri Racha is 55K for a serviced Apt half the size of the same top quality. I've never been down there but plan on taking a trip down to check out those Apts as I am very happy with the property management. I'd say if they have top places like this to live then people should be flocking to that town cause it must be desireable. I may look around for a cheaper place there as I'd like to cut my rent in half and spend the savings around town. Sri Racha here I come to check you out. Party hearty

I've lived one year in Sri Racha.

The city is a bit too crowded for me and there's really not much to see for tourists. There's always a lot of traffic in the area around the mall and it's very noisy over there. The prices of the land go up very quickly (in sriracha and around) because many people that are working in Leam Chabang (harbour) live in Sriracha. About one year ago they made the city park a bit bigger and now it's a nice park. Near the city parc there's a small Island (Ko Loy), which can be reached by car which. It's a nice place to walk.

The shopping mall is the perfect place for a farang to cool down (I love airco). Everyone calls it Robinson, but there are also other shops, like TOPPS supermarket. There's another mall called tukcom which is like a small Pantip Plaza (they sell mainly computers, software and electronic stuff).

There are some very nice Thai restaurants in Sriracha and there are also some farang restaurants but I really don't like the farang food over there. I just go to eat eat pizza sometimes in the pizza company because I miss the taste of bread, but for the rest I eat only Thai food.

The cinema is on the top floor of the mall but they almost never have any good movie. If you move a bit outside the city centre the infrastructure sucks. At many places the water distribution system doesn't work during daytime and electricity and telephone lines are bad. You can get broadband internet at many addresses in SriRacha but there also many addresses outside the city centre where ADSL is still not available.

The sidewalks are terrrible in Sriracha. The sidewalks have a different levels in front of every house and people use them to sell things which forces you to walk on the streets (and this in dangerous). But I guess many cities in Thailand suffer from this problem.

Sri Racha people are not poor. In fact many of them are pretty rich.

If you would have (small) children, there are some very nice looking (Thai) schools in SriRacha.

There's a food market in SriRacha (near the big watch tower, a bit more down the hill). And somewhere between the Ko loy and the mall there's a night market. If you want to have an overview of Sri racha you can climb up the big gray iron watch tower in the city centre.

Sri Racha people are kind. They are used to see a lot of farangs and they don't want to get anything from you (they know farang from work, not from tourism). Public transportation is good.

If you can choose where to live in Thailand, I wouldn't advice you to go to live in Sriracha. There are much nicer places in Thailand.

I like Bangsaen. It's much more quiet (on weekdays) and it's a beautiful place.

Although my personal experience is a few years out of date, I would say you have given a pretty good depiction of Sri Racha. I certainly think that Bang Saen is a much better place to live, and as I said in an earlier post, it makes a nice afternnon out to motor down to Sri Racha from Bang saen (maybe 20 mins or so) and spend an airconned few hours in the dept store, Tops, Tuk Com, take in a movie, and maybe have a meal.

So if you live in Bang Saen, you can have the best of both worlds. :o

Sri Racha... Party hearty

ox·y·mo·ron

noun.

plural = ox·y·mo·ra (-m๔r, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist or Sriracha party hearty. :o

John,

Gotta love your optimistic pessimism. :D

Why does the picture of the Bkk taxi taking on the military tank keep coming to mind? :D

Just saying the way things are. If someone is coming to Sriracha to party hearty, they'll be sorely disappointed.

Obviously there are other aspects of the city that are desireable to the point they've kept me here for seven years, but partying hearty isn't one of them.

:o

p.s. I'll leave the pitiful suicide victim rest in peace.

Edited by sriracha john