Is it possible to import parts ?

Dewey

Hello everybody,

I bought a yamaha MT-07 recently and I am very satisfied about the bike, However, I have only one problem, the original seat is killing my ass after 40km..

Yamaha is selling the confort seat for the MT-09 but not for the MT-07, I asked my dealer and he said to me that they don't plan to sell it in a close future.

My question is, is it possible to buy it online and make it shipped to thailand? Will it be taxed a lot?

If it is possible, do you know a website where I can buy it ?

Thanks in advance,

Dewey.

I just tried to import a rear shock from the US, long story short it has been a complete nightmare that has taken weeks and in the end I have told them to keep the part

I have had loads of stuff off ebay and amazon through many different carriers but this time was through UPS and they were trying to charge B2100 ($57) tax on a $30 part after holding it for ransom for 3 weeks, they just seem to make shit up as they go along I emailed the supplier in the US ( J and P cycles) telling them about the situation and how I was less than pleased with their Thai couriers they use and cc'd the couriers and all of a sudden today they try to deliver the part with only B1100 tax, I basically told them to poke it, if they had been straight from the start no problem but when they start playing games I get annoyed and they wont get a penny more

No idea if this is a new thing or what but like I said I have had loads of stuff over the years including a seat from Honda USA with no problems but this has really annoyed me and I wont pay 100 or 200% tax to the robbing bastards

OK rant over and I feel better now....