Benelli 25 TNT

GARYZX6R

.... Benelli250 TNT,

papa visited Mityon @ 3rd x South, Patts this afternoon.

Mityon owns most all the moto sales shops here.

Anyway looked at a wide selection of Honda,Yam, Suz.

Had two of the Benelli.250 TNT Tornadoes.

Black and red, and red and black, ha ha.

Really nice. 95K.

Many impressive features.

Beautiful gas cap, USDs, red Ducatiesque trellis .

Had a CBR250 before, and the Ben looks waaaay better.

Nice looking exhaust.

Non-ugly radiator treatment.

Who else is selling .25l road bikes now?

Budget street-fighter.

Poor man's Duke.

Gets my nod over H or Y 300s.

Kudos to the Italians and Chinese.

Edited by papa al

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in big c yesterday and they had the whole gpx (panther range) looked great and cheap prices too ,however i am not easily fooled by cheap bikes that look good,ever heard the saying never judge a book by its cover......

i certainly have no magic powers that I'm able to tell if a bike is any good just by its styling and i think i would be pretty stupid and most people would think I'm an idiot if i made assumptions just based on looks.

then i walked outside and they had the whole platinum range i just laughed as did the thais with me.

Edited by taninthai

I disagree on two issues:

1. Studying the cover has helped me make many good choices in book purchases.

2. Not most people would think you are an idiot under those conditions.

Humor papa.

Check out this bike in person and report your impressions.

(Maybe you have, not sure.)

The gas cap is tits.

No way it can be as unreliable as, say, a BMW, think?

i was in big c yesterday and they had the whole gpx (panther range) looked great and cheap prices too ,however i am not easily fooled by cheap bikes that look good,ever heard the saying never judge a book by its cover......

i certainly have no magic powers that I'm able to tell if a bike is any good just by its styling and i think i would be pretty stupid and most people would think I'm an idiot if i made assumptions just based on looks.

then i walked outside and they had the whole platinum range i just laughed as did the thais with me.

If we want it or not BigC is one of the countries biggest motorcycle sellers, even Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki now-a-day sells motorcycles through BigC http://www.bigc.co.th/miscellaneous/motorcycle.html?p=2

So if BigC is selling cheap bikes, then probably Honda CBR300R fall in the same category... ? (How much promotion stamps/stickers would you get if you bought a Honda CBR300R or Yamaha YZF-R3)....

Edited by Richard-BKK

I disagree on two issues:

1. Studying the cover has helped me make many good choices in book purchases.

2. Not most people would think you are an idiot under those conditions.

Humor papa.

Check out this bike in person and report your impressions.

(Maybe you have, not sure.)

The gas cap is tits.

No way it can be as unreliable as, say, a BMW, think?

im not denying the bikes styling looks pretty good papa, but there is no way i could give anymore impressions than that until the bike has been tried and tested and that doesn't mean just sitting on it ,i would be a fool and an idiot to make assumption and comparisons with other bikes just by looks alone,also very naive.

Edited by taninthai

Well, just by looking papa likes the large dirt-bike gauge USD forks vs the sticks on CBR.

papa is extra observant though.

That's all, nice cap and legs.

Trusses.

German invention.

Ducati, KTM, same type, good.

My German buddy, lifelong biker, engineer, swears by his Ben300.

Does that count for anything?

Humor papa. Check one out, and check back.

;-)

Edited by papa al

The 300 certainly looks and sounds like a beast compared to the Honda and Kawa CB/Z models.

But it does weigh as much as an er-6n, apparently, so maybe not that surprising.

I was in Chiang Mai yesterday and saw 2 of the 300's and didn't see a CB or Z. There was a Benelli dealership along the Super-Highway I think it was. Near the new Rimping Plaza.

They are making great looking and sounding bikes in a World of vanilla pudding. And they're selling. Well done to them and good luck. If I was looking for a bike and they kept the weight down, I'd be all over one.

The fit and finish is a very good indication as to what the rest of the bike is like, couple that with the expertise of the designers, the technology now available and it makes sense to me..

Then you have to look at what the competition are doing, they are fighting off this rising tide of Chinese expertise and resourcefulness and starting to build bikes designed by accountants and it is starting to show.

Everything is made in China and all the western £zillions technology is there on a plate ready to be used, do you really think the Chinese are not going to use it? They don't honour patents/copyright any more than the Japanese did and still do.

Wake up to the future...it is here. "The King is dead long live the King"...Richard III

Vanilla pudding...I like that.biggrin.png

Edited by AllanB

im not denying the bikes styling looks pretty good papa, but there is no way i could give anymore impressions than that until the bike has been tried and tested and that doesn't mean just sitting on it ,i would be a fool and an idiot to make assumption and comparisons with other bikes just by looks alone,also very naive.

Autocar have riden it and they are raving about it:

Didn't know, but they are being sold in Khon Kaen by the Red Spider (Mod Dang) dealership, so seeing them around he isn't surprising I guess.

If they start selling like the Stallion 150... well those things are everywhere now, such a nice sound too with the stock exhaust, like an old British bike.

Didn't know, but they are being sold in Khon Kaen by the Red Spider (Mod Dang) dealership, so seeing them around he isn't surprising I guess.

If they start selling like the Stallion 150... well those things are everywhere now, such a nice sound too with the stock exhaust, like an old British bike.

Yup, see lots of them too. It's great to see that Thais have the intelligence that so many farang don't have when it comes brandism.

If there was a Honda badge stuck on these bikes they would be the greatest things since sliced pan, despite that almost every Thai Honda model is getting recalled, has some sort of gear or engine issue, and so many of the dealerships are on par with bringing one's bike to the cages in Dusit zoo in terms of competence.

Benelli are really getting their wheels in to the Thai market. Well done to them.

Every empire has it's day and most decline when the leaders/people rest on their laurels.

I also think the Thais are looking for some western excitement, they watch our football, listen to our music, eat our food (foolishly) and now they want bikes that make them look and feel good.

Edited by AllanB

Benelli has really got the market weighed up , offer exciting , well built bikes with good components and superb value. People will buy. And they are. Honda has lagged behind for many years now , and its market position has long slipped. You cant keep offering poor quality and value , and expect to get away with it for too long. Those Stallions are great , but a different target market , with its air cooled / carb engine. Benelli only had competition from the Kawasaki SL , but now KTM has a new importer , and lower prices , possibly due too lower import taxes , theres even more quality choice. clap2.gif

Benelli has really got the market weighed up , offer exciting , well built bikes with good components and superb value. People will buy. And they are. Honda has lagged behind for many years now , and its market position has long slipped. You cant keep offering poor quality and value , and expect to get away with it for too long. Those Stallions are great , but a different target market , with its air cooled / carb engine. Benelli only had competition from the Kawasaki SL , but now KTM has a new importer , and lower prices , possibly due too lower import taxes , theres even more quality choice. clap2.gif

Honda has lagged behind for may years now? What on earth are you talking about. Honda is the one that jump started the whole new 250 and 300cc revival with their cbr 250 and like it or not their bikes are still the standard most other bikes are judged against. I am not a Honda fanboy at all but that is just a realistic view of how things are.

PK , it seems we have different opinions / values. With respect , i think the markets are changing and Honda has failed to keep up with the competition in many areas. Do your research , buy whatever bikes suits you best , and keep riding. Hows that.

Honda has lagged behind for may years now? What on earth are you talking about. Honda is the one that jump started the whole new 250 and 300cc revival with their cbr 250 and like it or not their bikes are still the standard most other bikes are judged against. I am not a Honda fanboy at all but that is just a realistic view of how things are.

PK , it seems we have different opinions / values. With respect , i think the markets are changing and Honda has failed to keep up with the competition in many areas. Do your research , buy whatever bikes suits you best , and keep riding. Hows that.

I actually agree with both of you. Honda did indeed JumpStart the 250-300 market with a lower cost every day riding bike BUT here in Thailand they have been sitting on the success of lesser models for to many years and could REALLY improve training in their Wing stores.

I believe that Tiger Motorcycle was the first with the 200cc police bike deal and later the 250cc Tiger Boxer 250R that made the market wake-up... When Tiger was appling for the Thai police deal, Honda had no motorcycle available that met the demands....

I believe that Tiger Motorcycle was the first with the 200cc police bike deal and later the 250cc Tiger Boxer 250R that made the market wake-up... When Tiger was appling for the Thai police deal, Honda had no motorcycle available that met the demands....

we were talking about a JumpStart not a mild fizzle! Plenty of deals on Kaidee.com now for those ex police bikes.. From about 5k baht

we were talking about a JumpStart not a mild fizzle! Plenty of deals on Kaidee.com now for those ex police bikes.. From about 5k baht

Kawasaki came second, after Tiger Motorcycle, with a 250cc motorcycle… it would take Honda several years before it introduced the CBR250R.

It doesn’t matter if you liked the Tiger Boxer 250R or not, but they were the first on the Thai market with a good selling 250cc motorcycle. We should also not forget that the 200cc Tiger Boxer 200RS (police bike) is now almost 10 years old… I bet nobody is surprised that you can now buy a 10-year old ex-police bike for around 5,000 THB... (I find it actual rather high knowing how the average police officer take care of his motorcycle).

slipped where? in your dreams?

Honda is still number 1 motorcycle manufacturer on Earth and in Thailand by sales.

and Benelli? a Chinese faking as Italian sold as Keeway or Generic at other countries with very less sales. Basically no one knows what it is.

comparing those two brands are comparing ants with mountains.

and all those problems of honda motorbikes you are speaking off, please some links and facts. or you are just plain misleading people here borderlining dishonesty.

Still, those Benelli 25 tnt looks OK on photos (but not when you are close to one, definitely it does not look good quality as a honda or kawa still better than Chinese standards) and it might be choice for people want a different bike around and to learn how to fix bikes:)

but anyway, girls will never understand if it is an Italian bike or Chinese bike so on that respect, it is OK:). why they cannot sell it lets say for 79 k thb or 85 k thb max? this is a Chinese bike and they are known to be cheap or am i missing something or dealer is greedy or is Benelli trying to fool people? if they can sell this bike for 79 k thb or 85 k thb, it will be super good value and they sell a lot more.

Edited by maykilceksin

It would be much more accurate if you included sales by displacement than the generic 'Honda Motorcycles' - which of course includes scooters which I would hazard are a rather large percentage of total Honda sales.

Taking them out of the equation would give far better real world numbers. But a blanket statement that 'All Chinese bikes are ---- is neither reasonable, or accurate. Like any other blanket statement about any topic.

It would be much more accurate if you included sales by displacement than the generic 'Honda Motorcycles' - which of course includes scooters which I would hazard are a rather large percentage of total Honda sales.

Taking them out of the equation would give far better real world numbers. But a blanket statement that 'All Chinese bikes are ---- is neither reasonable, or accurate. Like any other blanket statement about any topic.

that is not a blanket statement, it is just what i believe.

and lets say we removed small cc bikes from the equation, Benelli is selling more bikes than honda? or Benelli is better quality than kawa?

and why take small cc bikes out anyway? they are not bikes or they are not sales? or is it a 'blanket statement' like low cc bikes are not bikes?

Honda is still number 1 motorcycle manufacturer on Earth and in Thailand by sales.

and Benelli? a Chinese faking as Italian sold as Keeway or Generic at other countries with very less sales. Basically no one knows what it is.

and all those problems of honda motorbikes you are speaking off, please some links and facts. or you are just plain misleading people here borderlining dishonesty.

Still, those Benelli 25 tnt looks OK on photos (but not when you are close to one, definitely it does not look good quality as a honda or kawa still better than Chinese standards) and it might be choice for people want a different bike around and to learn how to fix bikes:)

but anyway, girls will never understand if it is an Italian bike or Chinese bike so on that respect, it is OK:). why they cannot sell it lets say for 79 k thb or 85 k thb max? this is a Chinese bike and they are known to be cheap or am i missing something or dealer is greedy or is Benelli trying to fool people? if they can sell this bike for 79 k thb or 85 k thb, it will be super good value and they sell a lot more.

In the post above - you said "this is a Chinese bike and they are known to be cheap" That is a blanket statement. Same as saying every (insert noun here) is (insert adjective here) Benelli still does the R and D I believe, so have considerable input on manufacturing and design of this bike, whatever name is on the tank.

Dear Maykilceksin,

You have so much problems with Benelli being sold as Keeway, while this is only in two countries (China and Venezuela as I believe).

Is that not similar as Kawasaki selling the Indian made Bajaj Avenger 175 as the Kawasaki Boss 175 in Thailand or the selling the Bajaj Pulsar 200N as a Kawasaki Pulsar 200 in other parts of Southeast Asia? Yes, Kawasaki sell many motorcycles that are actually not made by Kawasaki motorcycles.

I gotta say that the Benelli's that I've seen in the last few weeks have looked just as good as the Honda 250/300/500 quality wise. I owned a 2011 Cbr250.

Dear Maykilceksin,

You have so much problems with Benelli being sold as Keeway, while this is only in two countries (China and Venezuela as I believe).

Is that not similar as Kawasaki selling the Indian made Bajaj Avenger 175 as the Kawasaki Boss 175 in Thailand or the selling the Bajaj Pulsar 200N as a Kawasaki Pulsar 200 in other parts of Southeast Asia? Yes, Kawasaki sell many motorcycles that are actually not made by Kawasaki motorcycles.

in a previous life here on this forum he once said "Keeway to hell" so you know what to expect from him

Edited by pokerkid

I gotta say that the Benelli's that I've seen in the last few weeks have looked just as good as the Honda 250/300/500 quality wise. I owned a 2011 Cbr250.

looks good from where i'm sitting:

post-95864-0-50017600-1449219574_thumb.j

Bit like MacDonalds, KFC, etc., they are at the top of their league too, not exactly a recommendation of quality though, unless you like crap.

Britain had 90% of the world's bike market too at one time, I seem to remember they sat on their laurels too.

Maybe Honda will make a comeback in forty years....biggrin.png