Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu unequivocal in his criticism of the Iran nuclear deal

webfact

Why does Bibi keep bitching about this treaty, I mean really, Israel is a nuclear power and has been for a long time... If he thinks Israel is in danger from Iran, then he should do something about it and NOT expect the USA to wipe his tears, pat him on the back and send in the troops... Enough innocent lives have been lost in the region due to Israel's fear of their neighbors... It is my experience in live that you get as good as you give... If Israel had been a good neighbor to muslims, they would not be in this predicament... But of course, this was not their agenda when the state of Israel was created in the first place...

You neglect to mention that the moment Israel came into existence, it was not on the agenda of Arab and Muslim world to even accept the existence of a Jewish state in the Middle east. They immediately INVADED Israel.

Obviously Israel IS in danger from Iran. Iran has active proxies with a history of violence towards Israel. Iran's leaders have published their plans for the future of Israel ... they don't hide it. And don't forget the endless Death to Israel rallies and posters in Iran. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that Iran is a threat to Israel.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Netanyahu gives the UN his Dr Evil impersonation.

I thought it quite ironic that he got his knickers in a twist saying the UN was silent on Iran making threats considering the way Israel ignores and treats with silence all the directives against it by the UN.

Quite funny Bibi, but if you demand action from the UN it may be an idea to start complying with their directivs instead of ignoring them, only to then go running to them when it suits.

Karma.

So how do you think Abbas will respond to Netanyahu's offer of new talks without preconditions?

That was actually somewhat of a surprise and beyond the theatrics of the BIG SILENCE the biggest actual news in the speech.

I know many people won't believe the offer is sincere and perhaps it wasn't, but it was made in the most public of ways, so it seems to me it's out there as a thing now that DEMANDS a response.

Edited by Jingthing

Oh dear, Benny is getting pathetic.

Bring up the holocaust (again) then slag everyone else off because they aren't interested in defending Israel.

Followed by what I assume was meant to be a 45-second "stare of guilt".

You could almost hear the entire crowd checking their Blackberrys.

cheesy.gif

Why does Bibi keep bitching about this treaty, I mean really, Israel is a nuclear power and has been for a long time... If he thinks Israel is in danger from Iran, then he should do something about it and NOT expect the USA to wipe his tears, pat him on the back and send in the troops... Enough innocent lives have been lost in the region due to Israel's fear of their neighbors... It is my experience in live that you get as good as you give... If Israel had been a good neighbor to muslims, they would not be in this predicament... But of course, this was not their agenda when the state of Israel was created in the first place...

You neglect to mention that the moment Israel came into existence, it was not on the agenda of Arab and Muslim world to even accept the existence of a Jewish state in the Middle east. They immediately INVADED Israel.

Obviously Israel IS in danger from Iran. Iran has active proxies with a history of violence towards Israel. Iran's leaders have published their plans for the future of Israel ... they don't hide it. And don't forget the endless Death to Israel rallies and posters in Iran. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that Iran is a threat to Israel.

A double edged sword.

So how do you think Abbas will respond to Netanyahu's offer of new talks without preconditions?

That was actually somewhat of a surprise and beyond the theatrics of the BIG SILENCE the biggest actual news in the speech.

I know many people won't believe the offer is sincere and perhaps it wasn't, but it was made in the most public of ways, so it seems to me it's out there as a thing now that DEMANDS a response.

I think the biggest surprise was his admission the Iran agreement will restrict Iran in the development of nukes.

Your thoughts on Bibis offer on talks is a nonsense. He is on record as saying there will be no two state solution. Or did you forget his pr election speech.

Or he could have been lying, he has good form for that.

Abbas and the rest of the world know, based on previous attempts, that as soon as peace talks resume, Netanyahu will announce the approval of 1,000 new homes to be built on Palestinian owned land, or a Bedouin village will get demolished, or a teenager will get shot dead at a checkpoint etc. You know that Jing Thing

Netanyahu gives the UN his Dr Evil impersonation.

https://youtu.be/BHIFOD4fBcQ

Actually the silence was a VERY effective tactic. He got his point across big time. Much smarter than the comics from before.

It wasn't. It looked ridiculous, especially coming from him.

w00t.gif

Yep. Passive histrionics that emphasised his desperation to be dramatic. He fooled nobody, except perhaps Fox News viewers.

People sitting through it would have forgotten what he was talking about. He worked against himself there.

Edited by Seastallion

Does anyone care what Benny says?

No, thought not

I care. He's defending Israel, the ancient homeland of the Jewish people. Is he a perfect politician? No.

I ask people to refer to the part of the speech where he shows the absurd obsession of the U.N. with demonizing Israel compared to SYRIA. The numbers, 20 to 1, tell us a lot.

The UN can help advance peace by supporting direct, unconditional negotiations between the parties. The UN won't help peace, certainly won't help advance peace by trying to impose solutions or by encouraging Palestinian rejectionism, And the UN, distinguished delegates, should do one more thing. The UN should finally rid itself of the obsessive bashing of Israel.
Here’s just one absurd example of this obsession: In four years of horrific violence in Syria, more than a quarter of a million people have lost their live. That’s more than ten times, more than ten times, the number of Israelis and Palestinians combined who have lost their lives in a century of conflict between us. Yet last year, this Assembly adopted 20 resolutions against Israel and just one resolution about the savage slaughter in Syria. Talk about injustice. Talk about disproportionality. Twenty. Count them. One against Syria.
Well, frankly I am not surprised. To borrow a line from Yogi Berra, the late, great baseball player and part time philosopher: When it comes to the annual bashing of Israel at the UN, it’s déjà vu all over again. Enough!
Thirty one years after I stood here for the first time, I'm still asking: When will the UN finally check its anti-Israel fanaticism at the door? When will the UN finally stop slandering Israel as a threat to peace and actually start helping Israel advance peace? And the same question should be posed to Palestinian leaders. When will you start working with Israel to advance peace and reconciliation and stop libeling Israel, stop inciting hatred and violence?
Edited by Jingthing

'“The response from nearly everyone (sic) (every one) of the governments represented here has been… absolutely nothing. Other silence. Deafening silence”.' Makes a change. That has tended to be the reaction from governments to Israel's numerous attacks on Palestine, whether justified or, as has often been the case, not.

As Abbas once said The Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Arafat had that great opportunity with Barak and at the last moment walked away. I think Johnathan Miller summed it up well when he described the Middle East as the biggest open air lunatic asylum in the world.

As Abbas once said The Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Arafat had that great opportunity with Barak and at the last moment walked away. I think Johnathan Miller summed it up well when he described the Middle East as the biggest open air lunatic asylum in the world.

Yes it is, and Israel is no small part of it

HERE ARE THE FACTS -
ISRAEL: Military Conflicts initiated by Israel: 30+
Number of Active Nuclear War Heads: 300+
Number of Nuclear Deterrents: 400+
Potential Nuclear Deterrent Manufacturing Capability: 1000+
Inspection Access to Nuclear Facilities by UN Weapons Inspectors: NO
Signed up to Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons: NO
Ratification of Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons: NO
International Transparency on Nuclear matters: NO
IRAN
Military Conflicts initiated by Iran: 0
Number of Active Nuclear War Heads: 0
Number of Nuclear Deterrents: 0
Potential Nuclear Deterrent Manufacturing Capability: 0
Inspection Access to Nuclear Facilities by UN Weapons Inspectors: YES
Signed up to Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons: YES
Ratification of Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons: YES
International Transparency on Nuclear matters: YES

No, thought not

I care. He's defending Israel, the ancient homeland of the Jewish people. Is he a perfect politician? No.

I ask people to refer to the part of the speech where he shows the absurd obsession of the U.N. with demonizing Israel compared to SYRIA. The numbers, 20 to 1, tell us a lot.

The UN can help advance peace by supporting direct, unconditional negotiations between the parties. The UN won't help peace, certainly won't help advance peace by trying to impose solutions or by encouraging Palestinian rejectionism, And the UN, distinguished delegates, should do one more thing. The UN should finally rid itself of the obsessive bashing of Israel.
Here’s just one absurd example of this obsession: In four years of horrific violence in Syria, more than a quarter of a million people have lost their live. That’s more than ten times, more than ten times, the number of Israelis and Palestinians combined who have lost their lives in a century of conflict between us. Yet last year, this Assembly adopted 20 resolutions against Israel and just one resolution about the savage slaughter in Syria. Talk about injustice. Talk about disproportionality. Twenty. Count them. One against Syria.
Well, frankly I am not surprised. To borrow a line from Yogi Berra, the late, great baseball player and part time philosopher: When it comes to the annual bashing of Israel at the UN, it’s déjà vu all over again. Enough!
Thirty one years after I stood here for the first time, I'm still asking: When will the UN finally check its anti-Israel fanaticism at the door? When will the UN finally stop slandering Israel as a threat to peace and actually start helping Israel advance peace? And the same question should be posed to Palestinian leaders. When will you start working with Israel to advance peace and reconciliation and stop libeling Israel, stop inciting hatred and violence?

You've lost perspective.

The Syria issue has been around for only 5 years and IS being dealt with. The Israeli occupation has been going on for 50 years and ISN'T being dealt with.

No, thought not

Heres just one absurd example of this obsession: In four years of horrific violence in Syria, more than a quarter of a million people have lost their live. Thats more than ten times, more than ten times, the number of Israelis and Palestinians combined who have lost their lives in a century of conflict between us. Yet last year, this Assembly adopted 20 resolutions against Israel and just one resolution about the savage slaughter in Syria. Talk about injustice. Talk about disproportionality. Twenty. Count them. One against Syria.

Well, frankly I am not surprised. To borrow a line from Yogi Berra, the late, great baseball player and part time philosopher: When it comes to the annual bashing of Israel at the UN, its déjà vu all over again. Enough!

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.678524

The ancient homeland of the Jewish people??

What about the ancient homeland of the Apache or the Comanchee?

Don't get me wrong, since we gave them Palestine, they've made a decent job of sorting the place out

But enough is enough. Be nice to your neighbours and try an get along

?

Yes, this topic relates to a speech by the esteemed PM of the modern nation state Israel and yes the land of Israel is the ancient homeland of the Jewish people. So yes Israel is relatively new as a modern state but the connection of the Jewish people to the land of Israel is indeed VERY ancient.

This topic has nothing to do with American Indians. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

No, thought not

Heres just one absurd example of this obsession: In four years of horrific violence in Syria, more than a quarter of a million people have lost their live. Thats more than ten times, more than ten times, the number of Israelis and Palestinians combined who have lost their lives in a century of conflict between us. Yet last year, this Assembly adopted 20 resolutions against Israel and just one resolution about the savage slaughter in Syria. Talk about injustice. Talk about disproportionality. Twenty. Count them. One against Syria.

Well, frankly I am not surprised. To borrow a line from Yogi Berra, the late, great baseball player and part time philosopher: When it comes to the annual bashing of Israel at the UN, its déjà vu all over again. Enough!

Don't get me wrong, since we gave them Palestine, they've made a decent job of sorting the place out

?

Correction: A portion of Palestine that they willingly agreed to and accepted, the rest of Palestine was for the Palestinian Arabs.

But they reneged and have been trying to grab more and more at the loss to Palestinians ever since.

No, thought not

You've lost perspective.

The Syria issue has been around for only 5 years and IS being dealt with. The Israeli occupation has been going on for 50 years and ISN'T being dealt with.

No, it's you who's losing perspective. It would take 500 years at current mortality rates for the number of Israelis and Palestinians killed in their conflict to equal the 250,000 killed in 5 years of the Syrian conflict. Funny how you choose to use longevity as a measure by which to judge the so called Israeli occupation yet seem dismissive of the 3000 years for which Jews have lived in Israel for.

You've lost perspective.

No, it's you who's losing perspective. It would take 500 years at current mortality rates for the number of Israelis and Palestinians killed in their conflict to equal the 250,000 killed in 5 years of the Syrian conflict. Funny how you choose to use longevity as a measure by which to judge the so called Israeli occupation yet seem dismissive of the 3000 years for which Jews have lived in Israel for.

Total spin and deflection.

Firstly, the state of Israel owes it's very existence to the UN. To blatantly ignore directives that the UN makes is arrogant. You talk about Syrian refugees being ungrateful and taking over the host countries instead of being thankful for the refuge they have been given. Israel tops them a thousand-fold.

For Israel to whinge and gripe at the UN while ignoring the UN when it suits is disingenuous, dishonest, dishonourable and aggressive.

The 3000 years angle is total rubbish, as has been shown many times. Keep repeating it doesn't make it any more apt. Nobody denies that 3000 years ago Jews lived in the area. Nobody denies that a few Jews continued to live in the area. But Arabs have been there longer, continuously, in far greater numbers. What of their ancestral rights over the migrants from Europe with a tenuous claim of 50 or 80 generation old ties to the land? Ludicrous! Especially in light of contemporary law, which laws incidentally were used to form the state of Israel!

On the one hand Israel wants the UN to do the things Israel wants, but is not prepared to do anything the UN wants. It's a two-way street. If Israel started respecting the UN, maybe the UN would respect Israel....and it's been going on for 50 years!

Seastallion

Firstly, the state of Israel owes it's very existence to the UN. To blatantly ignore directives that the UN makes is arrogant. You talk about Syrian refugees being ungrateful and taking over the host countries instead of being thankful for the refuge they have been given. Israel tops them a thousand-fold.

For Israel to whinge and gripe at the UN while ignoring the UN when it suits is disingenuous, dishonest, dishonourable and aggressive.

The 3000 years angle is total rubbish, as has been shown many times. Keep repeating it doesn't make it any more apt. Nobody denies that 3000 years ago Jews lived in the area. Nobody denies that a few Jews continued to live in the area. But Arabs have been there longer, continuously, in far greater numbers. What of their ancestral rights over the migrants from Europe with a tenuous claim of 50 or 80 generation old ties to the land? Ludicrous! Especially in light of contemporary law, which laws incidentally were used to form the state of Israel!

On the one hand Israel wants the UN to do the things Israel wants, but is not prepared to do anything the UN wants. It's a two-way street. If Israel started respecting the UN, maybe the UN would respect Israel....and it's been going on for 50 years!

you need to understand that telling the truth about the chosen ones can get you sent on a holiday

Seastallion

you need to understand that telling the truth about the chosen ones can get you sent on a holiday

You have fallen for the old chestnut of certain apologists. I am not talking about Jews, I'm talking about Israel and Israelis.

No, thought not

?

Yes, this topic relates to a speech by the esteemed PM of the modern nation state Israel and yes the land of Israel is the ancient homeland of the Jewish people. So yes Israel is relatively new as a modern state but the connection of the Jewish people to the land of Israel is indeed VERY ancient.

This topic has nothing to do with American Indians. Cheers.

What particular point in history gives people rights to a bit of land in perpetuity? That's the point. As far as I'm concerned, this particular bit of land was gifted to them and they should learn to get on with their neighbours. Ancient lands? I think Native American Indians have a stronger claim.

What particular point in history gives people rights to a bit of land in perpetuity? That's the point. As far as I'm concerned, this particular bit of land was gifted to them and they should learn to get on with their neighbours. Ancient lands? I think Native American Indians have a stronger claim.

When we have a thread about American Indian issues, we can discuss those THERE.

THIS thread relates to the speech by the PM of ISRAEL, and issues around the history of the JEWISH PEOPLE.

Bibi did touch on that ancient history in his speech, as well he should, as if he doesn't, who will?

The history of the JEWISH PEOPLE is a VERY SPECIFIC thing.

The history of the land of Israel and it's place in the MIDDLE EAST is also a very specific thing.

For those interested, I suggest the BBC show: The Story of the Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_the_Jews_(TV_series)

Please keep on the TOPIC.

Also not every thread about Jews or Israel needs to be about Israel demonizers suggesting the nation state of Israel never should have existed, and that Jews have no rights to exist there now in the land of Israel. We already all know quite well about the toxic hatred of so many towards Jews and/or Israel, so often thinly veiled as so called anti-Zionism.

We all know quite well how the Palestinian Arabs who if they ever do achieve an ACTUAL state will be a horribly racist state as they intend to allow no Jewish citizens, while Israeli citizens include 20 percent Arabs.

MORE PRODUCTIVE to focus on the specific items in this speech of the PM of the successful nation state ISRAEL that does exist, is well established, and has no intentions of giving it up to racist enemies and demonizers.

Edited by Jingthing

""Israel will not allow Iran to break in, to sneak in or to walk in to the nuclear weapons club," he declared in an allusion to his country's vow to strike at Iran militarily as a last resort."

So says the member of the club who sneaked in, and sits in the corner not signing any treaties...holding themselves above the law.

Biggest threat in the world is not nuclear armed Muslims (look at Pakistan), it is nuclear armed Zionists with their Samson plan.

Who are they planning to nuke?

Back to the topic, I'm kind of surprised that more is not being made of the U.S. snub of Netanyahu's U.N. speech.

I guess it's understandable. Kerry couldn't applaud to being told the Iran deal is a mistake ... so better that lower level people were there NOT to applaud.

Obama Ordered Kerry and Samantha Power to Snub Netanyahu at UN
Lower-level U.S. officials attended the speech but did not join others who applauded when the Prime Minister warned that the deal with Iran will bring war.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/obama-ordered-kerry-and-samantha-powers-to-snub-netanyahu-at-un/2015/10/02/

Edited by Jingthing

Back to the topic, I'm kind of surprised that more is not being made of the U.S. snub of Netanyahu's U.N. speech.

I guess it's understandable. Kerry couldn't applaud to being told the Iran deal is a mistake

First of all, why would Secretary Kerry applaud Netanyahu's shrill, fear mongering diatribe? Kerry was a key player in getting the P5+1 deal completed, and he's the odds on favorite to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Secondly, not much is being made of this alleged "snub" because the veil has been lifted from the eyes of the American public. They have wised up to the fact that Janus-faced Israel is only concerned about having America fight in and pay for the wars Israel wants. Your surprise is likely duplicated by many in Israel when they come to the realization that the tail doesn't always wag the dog anymore.