Pheu Thai demands govt's apology to public over single gateway policy

webfact

Pheu Thai demands govt's apology to public over single gateway policy
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party deputy spokesman Anusorn Iamsa-ard Friday demanded that the government declare cancellation of its plan to adopt the single Internet gateway measure.

Anusorn said the government must also issue an apology to the people for planning to use the measure that would restrict the people's rights.

Anusorn said the government distorted the fact that it was simply studying the issue because there was a written order from the prime minister to government agencies concerned to enforce the measure as soon as possible.

The policy led to an uproar by Thai Internet users who attacked the website of the Information and Communications Technology Ministry with overwhelming packets of reques, causing the site to be down Wednesday night.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Pheu-Thai-demands-govts-apology-to-public-over-sin-30270034.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-02

Unbelievable! For once I actually agree with something a PTP member has said. I remember when this news was first leaked and it was not in a study phase. It was an order to be completed. Doubtful any apology would be made by the gov as they would lose face. But dropping this order would be the right thing to do

Edited by thesetat2013

PTP demands an apology to the people? When has the PTP ever apologised for any of their wasteful and self-serving policies, their corruption and mismanagement, or their political violence? Did they apologise for Thaksin's amnesty bill?

Nice of you to agree the junta is just as bad as PTP even though it is off topic.

QUOTE : Anusorn said the government distorted the fact that it was simply studying the issue because there was a written order from the prime minister to government agencies concerned to enforce the measure as soon as possible.

There goes the propaganda BS, that it was only at the 'study' stage.

This self-imposed, unelected Supreme Ruler CANNOT be trusted. As if I needed to state that!

This may turn out to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

So the plan to have a single gateway which is subsequently dropped is 'the straw which breaks the camels back' ?.

You have a serious issue : I can imagine all the spit down your chin and over your keyboard as you are typing.

Anything to comment about Pheu-Thai sending ministers to Japan to try and get access to everybody's LINE account (which is WORSE than blocking it)?. I don't recall you commenting on that - but then again, I wouldn't expect you to.

My signature line says it all. Prayuth can be trusted a lot more than the last lot. Did you forget the amnesty disgrace already ?.

Blimey John you aint half getting boring.....

we get it we know you love the great leader and for you and the other anti democracy lovers they can do no wrong but this constant excuse making because the other lot are also crooked scumbags still does not make it all right for the present joker and his minions to do anything they please

..................................."Anusorn said the government must also issue an apology to the people for planning to use the measure that would restrict the people's rights.".............................

I'm sorry, perhaps I have a warped sense of humor, but when I read this line I wet myself laughing ! clap2.gif

..................................."Anusorn said the government must also issue an apology to the people for planning to use the measure that would restrict the people's rights.".............................

I'm sorry, perhaps I have a warped sense of humor, but when I read this line I wet myself laughing ! clap2.gif

I wet myself laughing ! clap2.gif

Lucky you, I shit myself! tongue.png

You don't think blocking the internet is restricting people's rights?

Anusorn said the government must also issue an apology to the people for planning to use the measure that would restrict the people's rights.

Don't listen to this rabble Prayut.

Remember Plodprasop was demanded to issue an apology for restricting human rights and violating human dignity yet refused stating "these people are useless"

​I know you won't say that, but please remind them that since 2007 (when 2 URL's were blocked) to today the amount blocked has risen and risen and risen no matter if there was a coup or a Democrat govt or a PTP govt. No matter who was in power the internet restrictions have gone up.

​So if Prayut is guilty of anything it is mimicking his predecessors.

Don't listen to this rabble Prayut.

Remember Plodprasop was demanded to issue an apology for restricting human rights and violating human dignity yet refused stating "these people are useless"

​I know you won't say that, but please remind them that since 2007 (when 2 URL's were blocked) to today the amount blocked has risen and risen and risen no matter if there was a coup or a Democrat govt or a PTP govt. No matter who was in power the internet restrictions have gone up.

​So if Prayut is guilty of anything it is mimicking his predecessors.

Nice to see you admit Prayut is as bad as PTP. Well done ??

QUOTE : Anusorn said the government distorted the fact that it was simply studying the issue because there was a written order from the prime minister to government agencies concerned to enforce the measure as soon as possible.

There goes the propaganda BS, that it was only at the 'study' stage.

This self-imposed, unelected Supreme Ruler CANNOT be trusted. As if I needed to state that!

This may turn out to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

So the plan to have a single gateway which is subsequently dropped is 'the straw which breaks the camels back' ?.

You have a serious issue : I can imagine all the spit down your chin and over your keyboard as you are typing.

Anything to comment about Pheu-Thai sending ministers to Japan to try and get access to everybody's LINE account (which is WORSE than blocking it)?. I don't recall you commenting on that - but then again, I wouldn't expect you to.

My signature line says it all. Prayuth can be trusted a lot more than the last lot. Did you forget the amnesty disgrace already ?.

Blimey John you aint half getting boring.....

we get it we know you love the great leader and for you and the other anti democracy lovers they can do no wrong but this constant excuse making because the other lot are also crooked scumbags still does not make it all right for the present joker and his minions to do anything they please

Still trying to sort out the good guys from the bad guys for months now. Would appreciate any clues you can give me to point me in the right direction.

But don't you see the irony of the pt scaly mob claiming other groups are restricting peoples rights?

The mob that were making progress towards creating a dictatorship and had the police within their control?

Did the paymaster try to gag reporters?

Anusorn demanding anyone apologize for restricting peoples rights is the height of hypocrisy. This man has no shame.

I take it that you agree with the plans for a single gateway then?

You take it wrong. I take it you no nothing about Anusorn.

I would not expect any less of you jesimps. Either your poor English skills prevented you from getting the gist of my sarcastic comment, or you deliberately assumed I was saying that I don't think that blocking the internet is restricting people's rights.

Or you were twisting my words to suit your baiting style.

(I noticed you did the same thing with some of the other posters' comments.)

This is going to break your heart, but to make things clear for you I do not agree with the Government's plan to introduce a single gateway which would set the country back years as far as the internet is concerned. (Sorry, but no argument for you !)

To be honest, I doubt they would be capable of introducing this draconian plan, it would be too big a deal for them, and they seem to have a limited attention span when it comes to fulfilling promises.

My opposition is not only based on peoples' rights, but the speed and quality of Thailand's internet which is miles behind other countries as it is. As far as snooping on my emails is concerned I have nothing to hide, I am not into terrorism or LM, and I don't use Social Media sites.

Big Brother can read anything I write on TVF, as I have nothing to be afraid of there either, unlike some of the rabid, red flag waving zealots who haunt this site. biggrin.png

I welcome any opposition against this crazy single gateway plan even from the PTP who in their time have only added to the number of sites that were restricted. As someone pointed out the number of sites being blocked has risen under democrats, PTP and junta, and its bad all around. This single gateway would make it even worse as it would also slow the internet down and not just block sites as previous democratic governments have done.

I would not expect any less of you jesimps. Either your poor English skills prevented you from getting the gist of my sarcastic comment, or you deliberately assumed I was saying that I don't think that blocking the internet is restricting people's rights.

Or you were twisting my words to suit your baiting style.

(I noticed you did the same thing with some of the other posters' comments.)

This is going to break your heart, but to make things clear for you I do not agree with the Government's plan to introduce a single gateway which would set the country back years as far as the internet is concerned. (Sorry, but no argument for you !)

To be honest, I doubt they would be capable of introducing this draconian plan, it would be too big a deal for them, and they seem to have a limited attention span when it comes to fulfilling promises.

My opposition is not only based on peoples' rights, but the speed and quality of Thailand's internet which is miles behind other countries as it is. As far as snooping on my emails is concerned I have nothing to hide, I am not into terrorism or LM, and I don't use Social Media sites.

Big Brother can read anything I write on TVF, as I have nothing to be afraid of there either, unlike some of the rabid, red flag waving zealots who haunt this site. biggrin.png

"Big Brother can read anything I write on TVF, as I have nothing to be afraid of there either, unlike some of the rabid, red flag waving zealots who haunt this site."

If what's been posted on a vigorously moderated forum such as this one can get a person in trouble then that really speaks volumes about the present administration.

The current "government" is providing zero transparency, effectively has no accountability to the citizens and there is no oversight. Criticism is strictly against the law. Anyone who is critical will be "black-bagged.

The longer the Military Junta remains in power, the longer it will take Thailand to recover. Suppressing access to information and knowledge may offer short-term guarantees for the Military leaders, but it may also precipitate their complete and utter downfall.

We don't hear much about "reconciliation" these days. I wonder why that is?

The current "government" is providing zero transparency, effectively has no accountability to the citizens and there is no oversight. Criticism is strictly against the law. Anyone who is critical will be "black-bagged.

The longer the Military Junta remains in power, the longer it will take Thailand to recover. Suppressing access to information and knowledge may offer short-term guarantees for the Military leaders, but it may also precipitate their complete and utter downfall.

We don't hear much about "reconciliation" these days. I wonder why that is?

Good post, and I agree with what you say although I had to look up the term "black-bagged" -

"Government paid thugs throw a black bag over your head and kidnap you whilst beating the piss out of you and making you disappear for ever."

As far as reconciliation goes, it depends on who you are talking to as to what the meaning of the word is -

an act of reconciling, as when former enemies agree to an amicable truce, the state of being reconciled, as when someone becomes resigned to something not desired, the process of making consistent or compatible
But to the Shins and the reds it means being forgiven for past crimes and having the slate wiped clean. And the present Government probably thinks they have done nothing to be forgiven for.

I welcome any opposition against this crazy single gateway plan even from the PTP who in their time have only added to the number of sites that were restricted. As someone pointed out the number of sites being blocked has risen under democrats, PTP and junta, and its bad all around. This single gateway would make it even worse as it would also slow the internet down and not just block sites as previous democratic governments have done.

Here's a question for the IT experts specific to this subject:

- If there was a 'crash' of the gateway technology / processing, would that mean that the internet is 'down' totally in all of Thailand?

- If there was a 'crash' of the gateway technology / processing, would that mean that the internet is 'down' totally in all of Thailand?

It would mean that sites outside of Thailand could not be reached. No emails going there ect, no BBC to look, no torrents ect.

It would mean that sites outside of Thailand could not be reached. No emails going there ect, no BBC to look, no torrents ect.

No torrents ! Agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

A further question (this technological pigmy is lost in the long grass), would it also bring down Line Facebook and similar apps - I think their servers (Line) are in Japan. I use Line a lot so would be inconvenienced, but I would need to be able to reassure my wife and daughter that the world is not ending!

A further question (this technological pigmy is lost in the long grass), would it also bring down Line Facebook and similar apps - I think their servers (Line) are in Japan. I use Line a lot so would be inconvenienced, but I would need to be able to reassure my wife and daughter that the world is not ending!

Yes if the servers are in Japan and the gateway goes down completely it would mean line would not be use able. All servers not physically in Thailand would be cut off. Facebook might run limited if they had severs in Thailand but updates from other users outside Thailand would not show.. It would be a massive problem.

Even if the gateway works it might slow line.. skype.. and others down a lot, this is part of the reason I am against it. All governments have blocked sites, (bad), but this would mean blocking and slowing down of the internet plus a potential disaster if the gateway fails completely.

On the good side for many users it would mean digital nomads would not visit Thailand. I am sure soulpeel biggrin.png would be pleased.