Brainstorm on Scooter rejuvination

Torks

Hi

I am looking at best ways of bringing scooters back to their best.

I have several bikes for rent from PCX 150's to Click 125's etc and although they are mechanically sound the fairings need work.

I'm talking poor previous repair.

I have managed to use rubbing compound and polish on a few and they are absolutely as new but some of them are trashed.

I have 3 ideas.

1. Full new fairing imported from Bangkok at 5000 baht.

2. A full respray after I have removed all panels and done the prep work myself.

3. Full vinyl wrap done by me (I'm in the trade) or by a specific shop.

Yes I'm aware the renters really don't give a sh*t but I do and I want my partners shop to have a fantastic reputation.

All the scooters will be oil changed and brake checked and tyre checked every 3 months.

Anybody have previous experience with anything like this?

Check the brakes every time you rent the bike out, you never know if previous customers have fiddled with the adjustment

Yup, absolutely. Every bike will have a full inspection before they go out. Make sure the brakes are perfect and that the wheels are still round!

5000B for new fairings? I don't know about the PCX but on the clicks, all the fairings could be changed for around 1000B.

Fairings are very cheap here for scooters and you wouldn't need to 'import' them from Bangkok. I'm sure your local Honda dealer has them in stock and would likely put them on for free.

5000B for new fairings? I don't know about the PCX but on the clicks, all the fairings could be changed for around 1000B.

Fairings are very cheap here for scooters and you wouldn't need to 'import' them from Bangkok. I'm sure your local Honda dealer has them in stock and would likely put them on for free.

Thanks Mac. I'll pop down to my local dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

Just get someone to spray it new, can cheaply be done, especially when you have 10 of them and all the same color. No need to replace. Tons of small workshops around. They also fix cracks.

Edited by MadMac

Just get someone to spray it new, can cheaply be done, especially when you have 10 of them and all the same color. No need to replace. Tons of small workshops around. They also fix cracks.

I wil try that route too thanks. Just difficult to find someone good or that won't rip you! I found a great site that sells the matte black edition for all years of model. Full fairing for 4600 so I may go this route.

Got my ER6 resprayed at a small workshop in Saraphi (Chiang Mai). They wanted 3000B incl. fixing a dent in the tank. 9 pieces I think. If you come with a solid order, 10 or more, certainly cheaper. These small shops are everywhere.

Edited by MadMac

I paid 2500B at Supercheap in Phuket about 4 years ago (before it burnt down) for a Yam Novo elegance full 7 piece body kit already painted and finsihed, it fitted quite well with no cutting or modding - bike still looks as new and is 7 years old now. I have done scoots in UK for my lad and flogged a few on over the years and just used to repair, prep and blow over my self, stick a decal kit on and Bobs your Aunties better half...

If your prepping them blow em in, if you can vinyl wrap them then is a no brainer... surely cheaper optinon in time and money and messing about??