Discount hotels

mizztraveller

When I receive my daily updates from Thaivisa there's frequently an ad stating that Thaivisa users get extra discounts on hotel bookings with Booking.com and provide a link to the site. Wanting to book a holiday in Koh Lanta I took a look at this today but found the prices exactly the same going directly to Booking.com as using the Thaivisa link. Is there a code needed to get the extra discount? If so, how do I do this?

In the newsletter I get I see the ad "Up to 75% off hotel bookings for Thaivisa members"

Nothing about an "extra" discount. For purposes of comparison, could you post the ad line you get in your newsletter?

Thank you for clarifying that.

There is the old joke about the advertising executive who told his client "Half of all advertisements are a flop, but I can't tell which half"

Creating advertisements has developed into a sophisticated science and one element is to make the ads come across as more personal, so that readers should feel they are being singled out for an exclusive privilege. The same ad appearing in a newspaper, for example The Nation, would address this same offer to the readers of The Nation.

This is very commonplace, part of the effort to have a higher than 50% success rate in advertising. Nothing dishonest about it.

Archived