CM Immigration makes strange Condominium visit ...

Happing in spades Kap Choeng Immigration, Surin/Buraram provinces. All foreigners have to have a TM 30 or fines will be issued. Also all extensions for retirement are put under 30 day review same as marriage.

God I hate it when people give blanket statements, when nothing is EVER 100%.

My retirement extension went through just fine at the end of July with no 30 day review.

Happing in spades Kap Choeng Immigration, Surin/Buraram provinces. All foreigners have to have a TM 30 or fines will be issued. Also all extensions for retirement are put under 30 day review same as marriage.

God I hate it when people give blanket statements, when nothing is EVER 100%.

My retirement extension went through just fine at the end of July with no 30 day review.

By the end f July it was another story. By the end of July was is full force and continues. You were lucky and just made it. Nobody and I mean nobody gets away with out a 30 day under review at Kap Choeng Immigration. Check http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/860110-retirement-extension/#entry9921362

Edited by khwaibah

So what's a 30 day review? I've been here long time on a retirement visa and never heard of a 30 day review. Just go into immigration, get my extension and return home.

So what's a 30 day review? I've been here long time on a retirement visa and never heard of a 30 day review. Just go into immigration, get my extension and return home.

Same in house review that you get if your were doing a marriage extension. Even if your single they come to your residency to verify all that you claim.

Foreigners that own and live in their own condo are responsible for complying with section 38 and submitting the form themselves.

Let's be more precise.

- I own my condo

- I live here on a Extension based on Retirement

- I am the only "alien" in my condo

Do I have to fill a TM.30 for myself ?

(from http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf , Retirement is not in the Section #34 list)

Retirement falls under the other category. That is why you start out with a non-o visa. The O means other.

Immigration want you to report yourself. I don't particularly agree with it but that is their decision.

Surely if you report yourself, you would use a TM 28 and not a TM 30. I had this discussion more than a year ago with an official in an office in one if the back buildings at CM Immigration. We were sent to him because those at the main office did not know what to do with my TM30. He insisted that I fill out a TM 28 and stapled the receipt for that in the back of my passport. He tore up the TM 30 and threw it away.

Edited by tigermonkey

My immigration office is in Nan and they have never mentioned the TM.30 form to me after 10 yrs of living in Thailand. Like some have mentioned I guess it all comes down to the head Immigration officer and what he has been told or chooses to enforce.

Same for me here in Ubon.

Did my 8th extension based upon marriage in August and it was not asked for. I guess the rental contract for the house we are renting plus a map to it and my wife's house book for our house up in the village is enough.

I've never been asked either. We just bring our respective house books, but I will have wife fill out a TM30 prior to our next extension appointment and I'll just put that in my house book.

All hotels are suppose to inform the Police when a tourist arrive at their hotel immediately. So many people rent condo and the police may not be aware of it. May be they started this now to control everyone which is good thing to keep all of us safe.

Foreigners that own and live in their own condo are responsible for complying with section 38 and submitting the form themselves.

Let's be more precise.

- I own my condo

- I live here on a Extension based on Retirement

- I am the only "alien" in my condo

Do I have to fill a TM.30 for myself ?

(from http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf , Retirement is not in the Section #34 list)

Retirement falls under the other category. That is why you start out with a non-o visa. The O means other.

Immigration want you to report yourself. I don't particularly agree with it but that is their decision.

My situation is that I own my condo and visit Thailand about 5 times a year under visa-exempt provisions (for about 4 weeks each time). I've been doing this for about 5 years. I have previously assumed that filling in the Landing Card giving my address was notifying Immigration of my presence. I am now concerned, after reading this thread, that there is something more I should be doing. Is that so, please?

If I have to fill in this TM30 form, is there somewhere I can see what it looks like so that I will be prepared, please?

There is nothing to be concerned about.

Effectively the landing card advises where your planning to stay and the TM30 confirms you have arrived. The law relating to TM30 is old and wasn't really meant with foreign owners in mind. But some offices do apply the law and expect the foreign owner to submit a TM30 themselves. The benefit to you is to avoid a possible fine in the future (standard 800 baht. max fine 2,000 baht). There are no consequences beyond a fine.

People seem to get caught out and fined when having contact with an immigration office for extensions of stay, residency certificates etc. Sounds like you don't have much if any contact so the TM30 issue is unlikely to come up.

You can download the form from this link TM.30. It can be submitted by in person or by post. It's worth doing then immigration don't have cause to fine you.

That's great. Really helpful. Thanks.

What about foreigners that live in their own house? (legally, their wife's house of course).

Does the foreigner have to report?

Does his wife have to report?

How often?

TM 30?

Report to who?

In the situation you describe.

• The wife assuming she is named as the house-master in the Tabien Baan (Blue house book).
  • They would probably accept it from the foreigner as a possessor of the property and definitely if he had a yellow house book and was named as house-master.
  • Once is enough. But technically it should be done every time you re-enter the country.
  • The TM30 should be given to the local immigration office.
  • Most reports say that the wife gets fined if no one submits the TM30.
  • Like 1

Thank you elviajero.

I will tell my wife to report my staying in our (her) house, better safe than sorry...

I wonder what % of foreigners are actually doing this?

Probably not many because few people know they have to. But immigration seem to have TM30's in their sights these days so it's worth getting it done.

• Like 2

Thank you elviajero.

I will tell my wife to report my staying in our (her) house, better safe than sorry...

I wonder what % of foreigners are actually doing this?

Probably not many because few people know they have to. But immigration seem to have TM30's in their sights these days so it's worth getting it done.

Its not is not an astronomical number BUT is getting higher as each day goes on about KCI jurisdiction. Foreignness are having to fork fines of 800 to 2000 baht for not having a TM 30 on file, the fine was levied on the wife but guest who had to pay. Even as simple as being hear legally on 60 day tourist visa and you go into KCI for the 30 day extension, guess what your busted.

CM Immigration came to our condo building about six weeks ago, before the Bangkok bombings to talk with the management about them not having submitted appropriate TM 30 forms. Turns out some of the condo owners and even absent tenants are renting out their units via AirB2B to short-term "tenants" and not submitting appropriate documents to Immigration, much less the condo office (or even the owners of their units, in the case of renters who were subletting their untis)

Immigration asked building security staff to get some of the tenants to come to the condo office with their passports. The only people asked to do this were new residents.

Personally, as a long-time tenant, I don't have any problem with this. I'm not at all happy to see two units on my end of the hall with a constant stream of "new tenants" because the owners are subletting them on some internet site. Not good for building security.

I suspect they would have a field day if they came to the condo where I live. I've owned my condo for more than 7 years (lived in the same building for 10) and extended my permission to stay in August without any problems.

Alan

Yes, it really thru our Thai Juristic Person Manager for a loop. Made him realize that he had a better handle on how many cats are in the building and where they live than he does on the foreigners (we have to register pets with the office) He got quite a stern talking-to from the several Immigration officers, but I think fines were avoided. After several trips to Immigration, he's got building staff trained on how to use the on-line TM 30 system and gotten a handle on just which units are occupied and by whom.

The good news is that when someone in the building had to go to Imm. for their annual visa extension, all they have to do now to prove residency is ask the office and they'll give them a copy of the print-out that shows the computer screen where they did the TM30.

I expect CM Imm. liked visited our building where they could check up on a couple hundred foreigners at once much better than when they had to pack a lunch and do an all-day field trip to check up on Connda out in the rice fields.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Its not is not an astronomical number BUT is getting higher as each day goes on about KCI jurisdiction. Foreignness are having to fork fines of 800 to 2000 baht for not having a TM 30 on file, the fine was levied on the wife but guest who had to pay. Even as simple as being hear legally on 60 day tourist visa and you go into KCI for the 30 day extension, guess what your busted.

What is KCI?

What is KCI?

Kap Choeng Immigration= KCI

Connda is a TV poster who lives in a rural area under the jurisdiction of the CM Imm. office. He has a retirement extension and reported an Imm. home visit, for the first time in something like the 8 years he's lived here about three weeks ago. There were quite a few of them going on out of the CM office at the time, checking up on the old guys with retirement extensions living quiet lives in the villages. Looking for the Bangkok bomber, you know.

• Like 1

My immigration office is in Nan and they have never mentioned the TM.30 form to me after 10 yrs of living in Thailand. Like some have mentioned I guess it all comes down to the head Immigration officer and what he has been told or chooses to enforce.

Did my 8th extension based upon marriage in August and it was not asked for. I guess the rental contract for the house we are renting plus a map to it and my wife's house book for our house up in the village is enough.

OK SO WHAT IS THE T M 30 AGAIN?

OK SO WHAT IS THE T M 30 AGAIN?

STOP SHOUTING and then someone might explain.

Nothing to worry about and it's happening in different parts of the country. They are visiting foreigners living in houses too.

Overstayers are the only ones that should be worried by these checks.

And those working illegally.whistling.gif

Explain how in your infinite wisdom someone working illegally in Thailand needs to worry about immigration oficers visiting condos and homes. Visiting schools, maybe, condos and homes highly unlikely.