roy orbison black and white night d.v.d

evenstevens

my old BIG O black and white night d.v.d went cactus to afternoonsad.png ,never mutch mosey into town from beverly hills these dayssmile.png

so have lost touch of any place where i could buy it ,

its a great old classic D.V.D. so wish to get it againsmile.png ,any leads would be most grateful

a marvelous evening to all

One of my fondest memories was seeing Roy O and his traveling backup crew perform live in the early 80's at a small theater in Everett, WA, USA. Unlike a lot of artists (see Dylan, Bob, among others) who completely change their songs when performing live, Roy did all his hits, and some newer stuff, "just like the record." He knew that's what we wanted to hear. He had respect and gratitude for his fans.

Heard some great stories about him. He refused to ever play on any Rock & Roll Revival Tours, as he considered himself absolutely "contemporary."

One time he was taken by some music execs to one of the fanciest restaurants in Chicago. After puzzling over the menu for a long time he looked up and said, "A cheeseburger's generally all right with me." And they served him a good one, to be sure.

He is one of the All Time Greatest. The only artist today who even comes close in voice, class, and style is Chris Isaak.

R.I.P. Roy Orbison.

If you can manage to find it, there is a good interview of Bono from U2 talking about Roy Orbison, and the recording of Mystery Girl, which Bono wrote, and gave to him. They met when R.O. went backstage at a U2 concert and asked to meet them.

I tried to find a link, but it has been removed from Youtube.

Edited by phetphet

firstly E/S would like to thk all members for assisting me , your posts and PM ,s were ever so nicebiggrin.png

the following is something that makes C/MAI T.V. board a very pleasant place to be a member of,and i wish to share it with usmile.png

a member of longstanding and frequent contribitor to the board, PM me, and has a the black and white nite copy for me, and i will pick it up from him shortly

what a lovely gesture, his offer, has made my day, as that dvd is the best BIG O ever donesmile.png again what a lovely thought from himbiggrin.png

firstly E/S would like to thk all members for assisting me , your posts and PM ,s were ever so nicebiggrin.png

the following is something that makes C/MAI T.V. board a very pleasant place to be a member of,and i wish to share it with usmile.png

a member of longstanding and frequent contribitor to the board, PM me, and has a the black and white nite copy for me, and i will pick it up from him shortly

what a lovely gesture, his offer, has made my day, as that dvd is the best BIG O ever donesmile.png again what a lovely thought from himbiggrin.png

Nice gesture. As I advised earlier, make a digital copy. That way you can burn yourself a spare copy or copies.