Sheffield United

soihok

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a neutral in this matter, I don't see anything wrong with United's attempts to get themselves re-instated .

the suporters expect it , the shareholders demand it.

If it fails as it has appeared to...well at least McCabe cannot be faulted for taking it lying down. He has done everything he can and with the start of he season a mere three weeks away time is fast running out and complete chaos would now ensue if any other decision wre made. But if Unted were re-instated and there were 21 clubs in the EPL and four got relegated the team in 18th place would be crying "Foul" come the end of next season for sure so the saga would never really end.

If my club were in Sheffield's position I would expect our Chairman to do the same....who honestly would not?

But it looks like it has failed.

As I said I am ambilivant about this issue, but certainly would not be had it been Reading in Sheffield's situation.

You mean that every team that gets relegated should get reinstated because they simply weren't good enough - and in Sheffield United's case because they also couldn't beat a piss-poor Wigan? Do me a favour.

Anyway, who knows, maybe you can do the same amount of whinging if Reading get relegated at the end of next season.

You have an axe to grind I see

I did not say what you say I said

I Merely stated that if you(or any other team ) were in Sheffield's United's position you would do the same. do you honestly thnk Dave Whelan would have let it rest had Wigan LOST that game...come on...........I have always been polite to you HH, why are you having a go at me for saying what I think? :o

I am sure though that we won't beat you 6-0 next year, but we certainly will not go down...wheras you have a whole new team to bed in and that will not be easy, but good luck anyway

I know that you never wrote what I said, I was merely taking what you did write to a heavily ironic conclusion.

If I seemed defensive it's because we have been unjustifiably stigmatised by this whole thing, often overlooking certain other issues. But I won't go on. We are just this years folk devils. I'm not sure if I don't prefer that to been continually patronised by the media, as has been the case for as long as I remember. Every cloud, eh :bah:

But why would West Ham have done the same ? This whole Tevez thing was a red-herring set up by MCbaby. Remember that they beat us with Tevez playing. When it comes down to the bare bones it's got nothing whatsoever to do with principle but filthy lucre - and MCbaby has more or less admitted that.

Sad thing in a way is that the Blades have now become the sworn enemies of many West Ham supporters, whereas before there was an unspoken respect. Them and the Daily Mail that is. But as for despising that little Englander and xenophobic rag, that's no bad thing at all. I always have :D

Would Whelan have let it go? Probably not. But that still wouldn't altered the fact that it was West Ham's last seven games that ensured that we stayed up, and not some dodgey dealings that happened beforehand and for which we not only put our hands up, but were duly punished.

Why do you mention the 6-0? :D

That was the lowest point in the entire history of West Ham - I'm sure that even the old Thames Iron Works players would have been turning in their graves.

As for going down next season. To tell you the truth I did have some reservations about your difficult second season, but you'd have some tough opposition in the relegation stakes to be honest. I think (and hope in two cases) that the three to go down will be Fulham, Wigan and Preston.

As for our present buys settling in (I think that there may well be two more before the window closes) I can't see any problems with Bellamy or Parker, but there may be with Faubert ? But hopefully Ashton will be fully fit by the beginning of the season. I hear that Parker has been working with him to get him match fit. So it looks like team-spirit is up-and-running already (if you'll excuse the pun) :D . :D

So see you next season, and thanks in anticipation for the six points, that'll go some way in redressing the situation nicely thanks. :bah:

Of course it's about money. Isn't the whole affair about money. It's nowhere near ended anyway. West ham cheated and have got themselves in an almighty mess. The current Tevez transfer only emphasises that despite all their assurances they don't have clear title to Tevez........ie they lied again and it was a convenient lie. How the powers that be all hoped West Ham would be relegated and the affair die naturally. Only the H of Lords can give definitive ruling and no rules can preclude recourse to that house, because the rules themselves are always open to challenge even if they seek to preclude challenge. It will run and run and run. They should have acted swiftly and fined the points, sent them down and made it clear that such breaches would not be tolerated. My guess is they thought WH would get the drop anyway and it was the path of least resistance. How wrong they were. As for Blades bringing the game into disrepute that's stupid. You can't bring anything into disrepute by recourse to Law unless the challenge is frivolous and only the courts can determine that; ie you have to go to law to find out. I'm not a blades supporter, just wish the crooks didn't run the game and someone would say enough is enough. Leeds are a disgrace and should be dropped another division and so should the Hammers. All the other really bent clubs and managers too. When the game is destroyed and riddled with corruption like in Italy it will be too late. Newell tells the truth and gets the sack. WH tell lie after lie and get rewarded. The "beautiful" game is certainly the "unjust" one

Edited by ratchabuild

Of course it's about money. Isn't the whole affair about money. It's nowhere near ended anyway. West ham cheated and have got themselves in an almighty mess. The current Tevez transfer only emphasises that despite all their assurances they don't have clear title to Tevez........ie they lied again and it was a convenient lie.

OK let' s try and deconstruct some this ill informed nonsense that you post. :D

No one expected, or expects that Tevez will stay. It has nothing to do with lies or anything like. The Premiership have demanded that the Redsox deal directly with West Ham United over his transfer otherwise West Ham will be punished. Now that's not so dificult to understand , is it?

Perhaps your rant could me more productively directed to this whole third party ownership thing than at West Ham.

How the powers that be all hoped West Ham would be relegated and the affair die naturally. Only the H of Lords can give definitive ruling and no rules can preclude recourse to that house, because the rules themselves are always open to challenge even if they seek to preclude challenge. It will run and run and run.

It will only "run and run and run" if MCbaby wishes to squander more (of whose?) money on a lost cause. He's already said that they'll not get reinstated but is only interested in compensation.

They should have acted swiftly and fined the points, sent them down and made it clear that such breaches would not be tolerated. My guess is they thought WH would get the drop anyway and it was the path of least resistance.How wrong they were.

Indeed, how wrong they were :o

Whatever, the Premiership acted as the way that they did and that's the end of it. That decision can only be challenged by West Ham. Perhaps we did get off lightly as there was no precedent. But we proved beyond doubt that our rightful place is in the Premiership by what happened on the pitch , not by what bent bastards (Brown,Joorabchian) did behind everyones backs.

It's those scum who've got off scot-free and where your anger should be directed.

As for Blades bringing the game into disrepute that's stupid. You can't bring anything into disrepute by recourse to Law unless the challenge is frivolous and only the courts can determine that; ie you have to go to law to find out. I'm not a blades supporter, just wish the crooks didn't run the game and someone would say enough is enough. Leeds are a disgrace and should be dropped another division and so should the Hammers. All the other really bent clubs and managers too. When the game is destroyed and riddled with corruption like in Italy it will be too late. Newell tells the truth and gets the sack. WH tell lie after lie and get rewarded. The "beautiful" game is certainly the "unjust" one

Yeah, then perhaps you'd care to look at the transfer of Steve Kabba to Watford while your at it, and the illegal clause in the contract that stated that he couldn't play against the Blades and was in clear violation of Rule U18, which states that:

No club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract to acquire the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in league matches or in any (other) competitions

Or maybe the blatently illegal tapping-up of Tevez of by Ferguson. I could go on and on citing many cases that action should have been taken, for instance, against Chelsea amongst others, but was conveniently overlooked despite press coverage.

I don't know which team that you support. But if it's one that's had reasonably high profile dealings in the transfer market, then I bet the chances are that there's plenty that your club will be hiding too.

I share your dislike at what's going on within football - and has been for years.

My problem is that you don't seem to direct your anger at the real culprits, but at individual clubs that you personally don't like. Whatever the objective facts.

The Hammers are in the Premiership to stay. HTH :D

Of course it's about money. Isn't the whole affair about money. It's nowhere near ended anyway. West ham cheated and have got themselves in an almighty mess. The current Tevez transfer only emphasises that despite all their assurances they don't have clear title to Tevez........ie they lied again and it was a convenient lie.

No one expected, or expects that Tevez will stay. It has nothing to do with lies or anything like. The Premiership have demanded that the Redsox deal directly with West Ham United over his transfer otherwise West Ham will be punished. Now that's not so dificult to understand , is it?

Perhaps your rant could me more productively directed to this whole third party ownership thing than at West Ham.

How the powers that be all hoped West Ham would be relegated and the affair die naturally. Only the H of Lords can give definitive ruling and no rules can preclude recourse to that house, because the rules themselves are always open to challenge even if they seek to preclude challenge. It will run and run and run.

It will only "run and run and run" if MCbaby wishes to squander more (of whose?) money on a lost cause. He's already said that they'll not get reinstated but is only interested in compensation.

They should have acted swiftly and fined the points, sent them down and made it clear that such breaches would not be tolerated. My guess is they thought WH would get the drop anyway and it was the path of least resistance.How wrong they were.

Whatever, the Premiership acted as the way that they did and that's the end of it. That decision can only be challenged by West Ham. Perhaps we did get off lightly as there was no precedent. But we proved beyond doubt that our rightful place is in the Premiership by what happened on the pitch , not by what bent bastards (Brown,Joorabchian) did behind everyones backs.

It's those scum who've got off scot-free and where your anger should be directed.

As for Blades bringing the game into disrepute that's stupid. You can't bring anything into disrepute by recourse to Law unless the challenge is frivolous and only the courts can determine that; ie you have to go to law to find out. I'm not a blades supporter, just wish the crooks didn't run the game and someone would say enough is enough. Leeds are a disgrace and should be dropped another division and so should the Hammers. All the other really bent clubs and managers too. When the game is destroyed and riddled with corruption like in Italy it will be too late. Newell tells the truth and gets the sack. WH tell lie after lie and get rewarded. The "beautiful" game is certainly the "unjust" one

Yeah, then perhaps you'd care to look at the transfer of Steve Kabba to Watford while your at it, and the illegal clause in the contract that stated that he couldn't play against the Blades and was in clear violation of Rule U18, which states that:

No club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract to acquire the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in league matches or in any (other) competitions

Or maybe the blatently illegal tapping-up of Tevez of by Ferguson. I could go on and on citing many cases that action should have been taken, for instance, against Chelsea amongst others, but was conveniently overlooked despite press coverage.

I don't know which team that you support. But if it's one that's had reasonably high profile dealings in the transfer market, then I bet the chances are that there's plenty that your club will be hiding too.

I share your dislike at what's going on within football - and has been for years.

My problem is that you don't seem to direct your anger at the real culprits, but at individual clubs that you personally don't like. Whatever the objective facts.

So because corruption is everywhere that makes West Hams OK..............nice attitude. Why not wait until the courts have decided the issue. West Ham have lied and lied and lied. The manufactured lie that they own Tevez can only be sorted out in the courts. If they genuinely owned the player the transfer would not be so difficult to arrange. The truth is they cheated and got caught. The penalty didn't fit the crime. You were lucky and got away with it but blaming SU for trying to soften the blow to their long term survival is pathetic. Have some good grace and accept they have a case too.

So because corruption is everywhere that makes West Hams OK..............nice attitude

Crap. No one has said that and if you read back I pointed the finger at where the blame lie.

Why not wait until the courts have decided the issue

The courts won't touch it wit a bargepole. They don't like interefering in internal disputes. Might as well wait until the UN get involved for what it's worth. :o

West Ham have lied and lied and lied. The manufactured lie that they own Tevez can only be sorted out in the courts.

Bxs. When did West Ham lie about owning Tevez ?

If they genuinely owned the player the transfer would not be so difficult to arrange.

Ok, to spell it out again. The new contract says that Tevez is a West Ham player but that MSI own the financial - third party - rights. The Premiership won't accept this and demand that all the transfer money be paid directly to West Ham and not a third party. And that's what the present stalemate is over. West Ham are acting upon what the Premiership has demanded.

Understood ?

The truth is they cheated and got caught. The penalty didn't fit the crime. You were lucky and got away with it but blaming SU for trying to soften the blow to their long term survival is pathetic. Have some good grace and accept they have a case too.

MCbaby might have had a case, but has blown any sympathy by his idiot antics and tiresome, unrealistic demands.

Tough tittie. Good luck against Colchester and let's hope that Sherringham scores a hat-trick.

Then at least, I for one, will let all this go.

What does the Tevez affair teach us?

· Mihir Bose - BBC sports editor

· 14 Jul 07, 07:12 AM

The Carlos Tevez affair should form more than a footnote in English football history.

It may well prove that his move becomes the modern form of transfers, if so we better learn how such deals work and what they mean.

What is important to realise is that back in August when Argentine Tevez and his compatriot Javier Mascherano suddenly arrived at Upton Park this was not just an unusual transfer, it was extraordinary.

The really important thing was that behind the transfer was a wider power play, the bid to take over West Ham.

Indeed one City expert described it to me as a poison-pill strategy on behalf of Kia Joorabchian who runs MSI, the company that owns the economic rights to the two players.

In other words, bringing the two players was only the first step. The next step was that Joorabchian’s allies would try to buy West Ham, with the presence of the players acting as a poison pill preventing any other takeover.

But for various reasons that strategy did not work. It was not Joorabchian’s Israeli ally who succeeded in buying West Ham but a consortium from Iceland. And the presence of the two players did not act as a deterrent.

Indeed the two players often did not get into the team and in the early months of the season the most notable incident concerning them was the scene at White Hart Lane of Jermain Defoe trying to bite Mascherano’s arm after a tussle between the two in a Tottenham versus West Ham match.

That may well have remained the most memorable moment had not West Ham’s new manager Alan Curbishley decided that he did not want Mascherano and Liverpool moved in to loan him from MSI.

The initial problem was whether a loan player could play for a third club in one season (Mascherano having also previously played in South America).

While that was resolved with the help of Maurice Watkins, the Manchester United director who is also a great legal expert, the third party agreement that West Ham had made with MSI and which, under legal advice, the previous board had not disclosed to the Premier League, emerged.

Liverpool were allowed to sign Mascherano. The Premier League had no problems with that because they said he was a free agent as West Ham had given up his registration.

They were happy the agreement Liverpool made with MSI did not violate any League rules. The cynics might say the real reason was that Liverpool paid MSI rather more than West Ham - around £1.5m a year as opposed to £300,00 - to loan the player.

It was the Premier League’s next step, its decision to charge West Ham under Rule U 18, that has created the saga that threatens to run well into next season.

Most football experts I have spoken to tell me it is an obscure rule.

When it was initially designed by the former chief executive of the Premier League Peter Leaver, it was not even meant to cover player transfers

It had come in to deal with companies like Enic owning more than one club and the problems this would cause should the clubs meet in the same competition.

Of course, historically Liverpool and Everton were both owned by the Moores of Littlewoods fame but those were different times when, so we are told by our elders, gentleman ruled the game, money and lawyers had not moved into football and nobody felt the Moores would do anything that was not proper and gentlemanly.

Indeed, Rule 18 is so obscure that you have to search the Premier League rule book to find it. It comes in the section where there is also rule specifying that an advertisement for the Football Foundation must be in a club's matchday programme.

The legal advice of many was that West Ham should be able to drive a coach and horses through Rule U 18 - but when it came to the hearing they pleaded guilty.

It has never been disclosed why they decided not to challenge this obscure rule, but then they probably got the result they wanted: a fine, a huge one but no deduction in points.

Also, by saying that the third party agreement with MSI was probably legally unenforceable and insisting they had torn it up the Hammers made sure Tevez was allowed to play and help them escape relegation. Instead Sheffield United went down.

All this would not have mattered had it happened before the mid-1990s, a time when clubs would moan but not head for the nearest lawyers.

This is one of the few voices of reason over the whole affair even though I don't agree with the whole article. However there has been so much misinformation about this case. Most of the time the press has behaved like a pack of deluded hyenas constantly following false scents . It really has been an eye opener and has made me even more sceptical of football pundits Like Alan Green, Mark Lawrenson and the other so called experts, who have had their two pennys worth. :D

So because corruption is everywhere that makes West Hams OK..............nice attitude

Crap. No one has said that and if you read back I pointed the finger at where the blame lie.

Why not wait until the courts have decided the issue

The courts won't touch it wit a bargepole. They don't like interefering in internal disputes. Might as well wait until the UN get involved for what it's worth. :o

West Ham have lied and lied and lied. The manufactured lie that they own Tevez can only be sorted out in the courts.

Bxs. When did West Ham lie about owning Tevez ?

If they genuinely owned the player the transfer would not be so difficult to arrange.

Ok, to spell it out again. The new contract says that Tevez is a West Ham player but that MSI own the financial - third party - rights. The Premiership won't accept this and demand that all the transfer money be paid directly to West Ham and not a third party. And that's what the present stalemate is over. West Ham are acting upon what the Premiership has demanded.

Understood ?

The truth is they cheated and got caught. The penalty didn't fit the crime. You were lucky and got away with it but blaming SU for trying to soften the blow to their long term survival is pathetic. Have some good grace and accept they have a case too.

MCbaby might have had a case, but has blown any sympathy by his idiot antics and tiresome, unrealistic demands.

Tough tittie. Good luck against Colchester and let's hope that Sherringham scores a hat-trick.

Then at least, I for one, will let all this go.

You show your ignorance when you say the courts wont touch it with a bargepole. I thought you understood everyone has recourse to the law. You parrot things you dont understand............financial third party rights........you dont even know what that means. When you talk of idiot antics and tiresome unrealistic demands that could apply to yourself. Why not let it drop. I wont bother to explain again about the law you obviously cannot grasp the point. If everyone takes your attitude.............lets clean up corruption in the game.......but not at my club we wont get anywhere.

You show your ignorance when you say the courts wont touch it with a bargepole. I thought you understood everyone has recourse to the law. You parrot things you dont understand............financial third party rights........you dont even know what that means. When you talk of idiot antics and tiresome unrealistic demands that could apply to yourself. Why not let it drop. I wont bother to explain again about the law you obviously cannot grasp the point. If everyone takes your attitude.............lets clean up corruption in the game.......but not at my club we wont get anywhere.

Firstly, what I meant that the courts won't touch it with a bargepole, is that they'll be loathe to turn over any ruling of an independent sporting body. There is a precident in this in a hearing concerning the Jockey Club.

You know what's on the new contract more than I then. MSI own the finacial third party rights on Tevez and West Ham own the player. The two parties concerned are Tevez and West Ham and the third party who owns the financial rights are MSI/Joorabchian. And this is the bit that the Premiership won't accept.

I won't say "it's not rocket science is it?" Because it has never been straightforward from the beginning.

For anyone thats interested,the Christian Nade deal with Hull City is off.

I,m glad as he is a good player in fits and bursts.

Thanks for encouragement for the opening game HH,,if your attitude is that way...I hope WH sink also. :o

Lee Hendrie has signed for the Blades

Edited by soihok

For anyone thats interested,the Christian Nade deal with Hull City is off.

I,m glad as he is a good player in fits and bursts.

Thanks for encouragement for the opening game HH,,if your attitude is that way...I hope WH sink also. :o

Lee Hendrie has signed for the Blades

Sorry mate, but I was getting mighty pissed off with ratchabuild or I wouldn't have mentioned it. But I do have a soft spot for ColU anyway. :D

Hitler Loses War :D

That one must been posted on every football website in the entire universe in the past couple of weeks (and each West Ham one x20 :D )

Still there may be someone out there who's been living on an unhahibited island between the Mae Klong River and the Gulf of Thailand. :o

:D

Well that explains why Neil Warnock left within three days of relegation then.

In fact,,,,,no one has heard of him since!

Have you?

By the way.......Mr H there reminds me of my last project manager.

But he was Chinese

I have a feeling that Keddy and HH made that clip and starred in it

Edited by soihok

• 2 weeks later...

James Beattie has been signed from Everton for 4 Million squids.

A bit of a swap for Jags who was sold to Everton earlier for the same fee.

Kick off for the Championship teams is next Saturday,,11th.

Cheers

Well its all water under the bridge now,as it happens, Mr Bo.

I am more p###ed off with Man U unable (or rather not bothered )to beat West Am at Old Troff at the end of the season.

Any way.

It all starts again this weekend.

I understand that Mr T put on a bit of a show at Man C last weekend.

Cheers

Well its all water under the bridge now,as it happens, Mr Bo.

True. Just gotta get on with the job of working for promotion again. All the best.

I understand that Mr T put on a bit of a show at Man C last weekend.

Cheers

Yeah it was a good do. Manchester was like mini Bangkok on saturday.

• 1 month later...

Looks as if Sheff U are not generating much interest on the Forum.

Its not so surprising really as after listening to the match on the internet radio, in the middle of the night, the crowd were booing the players off the pitch.

Very dissappointing defeat to Southampton.

I really hope that the blades dont follow in the footsteps of Leeds United.

19 th in the table now :o

Looks as if Sheff U are not generating much interest on the Forum.

Its not so surprising really as after listening to the match on the internet radio, in the middle of the night, the crowd were booing the players off the pitch.

Very dissappointing defeat to Southampton.

I really hope that the blades dont follow in the footsteps of Leeds United.

19 th in the table now :o

Why ? Are you in danger of going into administration to avoid paying your debts like those $%^& from up the road from you?

Here we go in the middle of the night internet Radio Sheffield. I can sense that the entire membership of THAI VISA FORUM are waiting in anticipation for the kick off of Sheff Utd,,,Bristol City game.

Or maybe not.

Well I am ,,,,and my 5 year old dauhgter would rather I was asleep.But the computer is in her room and the wife does,nt quite hate Sheff U,,,,but not far off.

So she dont have a choice luv.

United :o