American falls from 16th floor Pattaya Beach condominium

webfact

American falls from 16th floor Pattaya Beach condominium

usa-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A 32 year old American fell from his 16th floor apartment balcony on Monday evening at a Condominium located on Pattaya Beach Road.

Police and rescue workers were called to the View Talay 6 Condominium just before 6pm and encountered the body of Mr. Hector Luis Ortiz Jr. It was confirmed that due to the degree of trauma suffered he had fallen from a high floor.

Security Guards at the complex confirmed that Mr. Ortiz Jr lived with his Thai Boyfriend and was known to be in poor health and would require medication on a daily basis.

Police entered the apartment of Mr. Ortiz Jr and initially found nothing untoward. The victim’s boyfriend cannot be located at this time and for now Police are unsure the reason for his fall.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218381/american-falls-from-16th-floor-pattaya-beach-condominium/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-06

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness there should be some kind of 911 number for those who are so depressed and thinking of taking their own life. This is not a joking matter. It seems suicides happen every two weeks in Pattaya-- we all know the reasons: financial; broken heart; poor health; aging... Most "farangs" come here alone so there is no support system of family or even true friends to get emotional support, whereas back in our home countries we not only have family or friends but professional counselors that can re-direct our moments of depression. (If I my profession was in psychology this would be a great place to retire and open up a part time office.)

Another victim of the Pattaya flying club, perhaps TAT could do some thing about the height of railings on balconies R.I.P young guy.

I agree many railings here are dangerously low, but View Talay are infact built extreamly high, and would be imposiible to just fall over, unless of course you were 9 feet tall.

P10113822.jpg

I agree many railings here are dangerously low, but View Talay are infact built extreamly high, and would be imposiible to just fall over, unless of course you were 9 feet tall.

It's true that the VT railings are quite high and so seem fairly safe, but I remember a few years ago that a Russian in another VT building with the same railings apparently slipped in his own vomit and fell over to his death.

The railings in some older buildings dont even come up to the top of my thigh, though I suppose they would be safe enough for most Thais.

suicide or somone have pushed him.....

to Young.... rest in Peace !

or excessive use of drugs/alcohol for recreational purposes which would be neither suicide or someone pushing him off the balcony. Just plain irresponsibility. 32 years old and possibly living the Life of Riley, Pattaya style, as many do in his age category. Most of the 30+ something males I know living in Pattaya are self centered and self absorbed. Don't want to work and living off their families or generous state allowances. The article mentioned that he was known to be in poor health. Before I give out my sympathies, as many do on this board, I would like to know what caused his poor health and the substances found in his body during the autopsy.

RIP... how do you fall from a balcony? Thought they had railings to prevent this. I guess one could be pushed or jump. A shame such a young a

Does it not seem strange that balcony jumping is a tradition among foreigners in Pattaya. It seems to me. I have lived in 15 countries, most in Asia ith tall apartments never had this many people.... What was the total for 2014 and the total for 2015. Maybe we need to introduce bungee jumping.... instead. I have my suspicions.... lady boy on the run....hmmm good friend eh....

",,,,, and for now Police are unsure the reason for his fall."

No immediate ..on the scene ... conclusion of suicide. The RTP are improving on comments to the news media.

f

Maybe they're awaiting final conclusions from TV members?

RIP... how do you fall from a balcony? Thought they had railings to prevent this. I guess one could be pushed or jump. A shame such a young age.

Many balcony railings here are lower than hip height for me and taller people. If you slip and hit one, your centre of gravity from point of impact will be enough to send you over (top heavy)

The railing height is relatively safe for shorter people. Simple physics.

As mentioned in the report, the poor guy was also undergoing medical treatment so we don't know what his mental state was

Pure and simple a sad passing.

RIP

A man and his barboy and people jump to conclusions.........................maybe he forgot to take a medicine?

Why does this post make speculations about a) the nature of the relationship ('barboy'), or b] the adherence to medication? Is this not 'jumping to conclusions'?

Edited by Discombobulated

suicide or somone have pushed him.....

to Young.... rest in Peace !

or excessive use of drugs/alcohol for recreational purposes which would be neither suicide or someone pushing him off the balcony. Just plain irresponsibility. 32 years old and possibly living the Life of Riley, Pattaya style, as many do in his age category. Most of the 30+ something males I know living in Pattaya are self centered and self absorbed. Don't want to work and living off their families or generous state allowances. The article mentioned that he was known to be in poor health. Before I give out my sympathies, as many do on this board, I would like to know what caused his poor health and the substances found in his body during the autopsy.

And if you knew,,what would you do about it ??????????????coffee1.gif

Another victim of the Pattaya flying club, perhaps TAT could do some thing about the height of railings on balconies R.I.P young guy.

the balconies are low for sure. My balcony is about the height of my waist and I am 5'10', so its possible you could trip and fall.

It states he was in bad health so maybe a suicide but boyfriend cannot be found so who knows.

I do know that far too many people fall from balconies and I have yet to see one where the police suspect murder. If it goes on this rate though we will need insurance against falling bodies from condo blocks.

RIP to poor guy, young at 32.

There are a zillion possibilities......if you think you can fly, please jump from the ground. I don't want to put another suicide in my head, too depressing. But I don't want to avoid this major problem, so I'll wait to see what the "experts" say. Economy, depression, bad relationship.....it can get to the best of us. And maybe it got to his boyfriend and things just got way out of control. it's amazing how fast things can escalate...

and if you mix bad thoughts with some alcohol or worse......i can only imagine the dark places you might end up going.

32......man. I had some of the BEST years of my life in my late 30's. And I remember at 24 and 28 things were tough.

If you are any age and struggling, I PROMISE you there will be better days ahead. You will smile and laugh again.

Edited by puukao