Trang

Bingo66

If anyone here has experince with Trang, please share ...

I;m flying in tomorrow and plan to rent a motorbike (best place?) and I'm going to ride to Antara Sai Kaew Resort, easy enough? Whats weather like at the moment? Best Places to see and eat? Seafood? Local food? Viewpoints?

That's a 40km drive to the resort from Trang, don't really know the town just driven through it so can't help with the bike hire. We've stayed at the Anantara Si Kao several times it's an excellent resort but pretty quiet this time of year. It's rainy season on the southern Andaman coast though it's been pretty dry this year, you'll also likely have some of the Indonesian haze.

There's not too much going on in the area around the resort, a few bungalow resorts, a handful of shops and places to eat all strung out along the coast road, but all very basic. The food at the Anantara is very good, though not especially cheap. Beyond a trip to the local aquarium and the botanical garden there's much to do except enjoy the view, a cold beer and a good book.

If you get out and about, there are a million places to visit in Trang.

There is a place called lay Khao job cave, that scares the crap outta me.

You can ride all the way down from pak meng to Palian discovering these deserted beaches.

I have done two 'missions' to Trang, one major issue is, there are waterfalls, hermit temples, caves, parks, etc but no one knows where they are. We looked for more than we actually found.

I wrote a piece here .. http://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/topic/unseen-trang-province

There is a link to google maps on that page, where you can see a lot of places we visited or intend to visit, I think it was before I got a GPS, so I don't know if the waypoints are that reliable.

If you need a bike, you will get a scooter - I suggest you look around the guesthouses or travel agents near the station.

Edited by recom273