Thai Navy will buy submarines

webfact

Royal Thai Navy will buy submarines

BANGKOK, 7 October 2015 (NNT)-Defense Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan says the Royal Thai Navy’s project to buy submarines will not be stalled as it has been designed for the protection of Thailand’s natural resources.

According to General Prawit, the Royal Thai Navy is currently examining details of specifications and prices for the submarines.

He claimed it is important for the public to understand the importance of the protection of marine resources which are abundant in Thai waters.

General Prawit stated that the Royal Thai Navy committee in charge of the purchase has not yet indicated which country it would buy the submarines from, but he would leave the decision completely to the committee.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-07 footer_n.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess they will be the first country in the world to use a submarine to preserve marine life like coral reefs. If they attached a giant trash scoop onto them and ran them up and down the coast line, then I would believe it.

This is right up there with their cure for Ebola they had about a year ago.

When will the insanity end......

In my experience,Thailand's most valuable "natural resources" originate from Isaan (I know, I married one!) - so I don't think a submarine would be of much use up here....................

Edited by Always18

They will end up been tied up somewhere and will become a

place for schools to bring the kids and Thai tourist attraction,

most likely next to that other waste of money .the aircraft carrier.

with the Blimp trying to fly overhead.

regards worgeordie

Oh, joy!

More ridiculous government purchases.

Their small aircraft carrier, which they bought in the 90's, has no air defense capability

and can only function with 30-year old Harrier airplanes will soon some subs as company,

and they can rust together.

In my experience,Thailand's most valuable "natural resources" originate from Isaan (I know, I married one!) - so I don't think a submarine would be of much use up here....................

As many of those are to be found on the flooded streets of Bangkok see my previous post

As much as I think it's a ridiculous idea, it's their country so let them waste the peoples money any way they see fit. Until the Thai population starts demanding better governance than I say som nom na. They will look great rusting alongside their aircraft carrier.

Edited by ldiablo

Actually, I like what he said - that the submarines were needed to protect the marine resources of Thailand. That would be enought to tie a noose around the claim for needing a submarine because surface ships can do exactly that - protect the marine resources of Thailand - without getting underwater. You he just shot himself in the foot again.

This is becoming all too common.

Or is does it have something to do with Mil. Intel?

Or lack of? - Ha ha.

WOW! You are married to a resource. Your wife should be soooo happy.

You can sense there's a conflict going on within the military. The new Army Commnader has thrown out a lot of his predecessors implementations, perhaps the rumours of a counter coup are gaining Merit after all?

If this goes through this time it might be a reward for the navy to support the current faction. Who knows, but before the general was adamant that the submarines would not be bought. So a change would point to some sort of deal.

You beat me to it, I was tempted to make a similar comment along the lines of how the heck are the subs going to navigate Soi Nana ?

By the way, my "most valuable resource" (wife) comes from Surin, where apparently the most beautiful ladies in Thailand hail from.

But seriously, all you guys who are condemning this latest fiasco decision are wasting your time flapping your gums here on the forum. You should get together and front up at the PM's house and tell him exactly how you feel....................... Let us know how you get on.

Headlines ! Six crazy farangs arrested and taken away to have their attitudes adjusted ! cheesy.gif

It should make an interesting topic to discuss.