Windscreen washer fluid

Felt 35

Plain tap water works just fine, free and everywhere.

No it doesn't. It's filled with minerals, organic matter, sand, and dirt. All that shitz will eventually clog up the water pump and hose lines and spout heads and will severely reduce their efficiency or they will become blocked altogether. Then you can either leave it like that or face a repair bill. Also, that sand and mineral mixture you're spraying on your windshield and then rubbing in with your wipers will scratch your windshield and reduce the life of your wiper blades.

Got my first car and started driving in 1976. Only time any of my washer boxes has had anything other than water is when it was serviced a technician at a business other than that, open the top and stick a garden hose inside and away we go. None of my cars have broken down, none of my cheap $5 wiper blades have deteriorated any sooner and have never had any repair bills associated with using only H2o.

Id say my success rate for the past 40 years is pretty good. But if you feel the need to worry about and justify such petty things is worth your time and effort, please free to go ahead and do so.

Your comments make me feel like Im really not so smart after all.

El cheapo solution is malt vinegar,

Pour it into the washer tank,pongs a bit for a brief period, but any and all grease and oily substances that the windscreen often does and may get splattered with will be removed from the windscreen pronto.

The only caveat as said ''is that your vehicle pongs like a chippy for a brief period of time.''.

506b1543fb04d60a510018a2._w.1500_s.fit_.

Plain tap water works just fine, free and everywhere.

No it doesn't. It's filled with minerals, organic matter, sand, and dirt. All that shitz will eventually clog up the water pump and hose lines and spout heads and will severely reduce their efficiency or they will become blocked altogether. Then you can either leave it like that or face a repair bill. Also, that sand and mineral mixture you're spraying on your windshield and then rubbing in with your wipers will scratch your windshield and reduce the life of your wiper blades.
Got my first car and started driving in 1976. Only time any of my washer boxes has had anything other than water is when it was serviced a technician at a business other than that, open the top and stick a garden hose inside and away we go. None of my cars have broken down, none of my cheap $5 wiper blades have deteriorated any sooner and have never had any repair bills associated with using only H2o.

Id say my success rate for the past 40 years is pretty good. But if you feel the need to worry about and justify such petty things is worth your time and effort, please free to go ahead and do so.

Your comments make me feel like Im really not so smart after all.

Water will work but the soapy stuff adds some surfectants and lubrication to the glass surface for better cleaning (like shaving with foam/gel gets a better shave).