Report,failed retirement extension at immigration office Sriracha

Very true that Immigration offices have their own rules, but reminds me of your Embassy in Bangkok (German), they have their own rules which are against the rules of the EU, it is just a case of take it or leave it.

Gruß aus München....

• Like 2

It seems you received the maximum you were entitled to under their rules. Given that you were not prepared to ask them nicely if they could stretch a point over some that are grey areas, I do not see why you would expect any more. The immigration officers who screamed at you and your daughter were obviously low class, but you lowering yourself to their level should not make you feel good. IMHO, you gave a bad example to your daughter on how to behave.

The arbitrary rules (and arbitrary application of them) by some immigration offices is aggravating. However, you either play the game under their rules or go somewhere where the game is more to your liking.

It is not that easy.if for my liking I wouldn 't be here

Edited by ubonjoe

Personally I would not have taken my daughter there in the first place especially as we all know immigration offices can be stressful. Secondly why shout take a chill pill sticks and stones ect ect. Thirdly I will reserve judgment as we only have your side of the story maybe some of the people in there you mention are on this forum and can verify the version of events.

But in any case smile say please and thank you it gets you a long way here so I've found

That's it then ? in the absence of any rights whatsoever there is a magic trick just smile! and all will be magically solved. This isn't Fraggle Rock immigration you know!

The OP appears to have told the story warts and all including quite a few of his own mistakes. You don't believe him Pollyana ?

• Like 2

Personally I would not have taken my daughter there in the first place especially as we all know immigration offices can be stressful. Secondly why shout take a chill pill sticks and stones ect ect. Thirdly I will reserve judgment as we only have your side of the story maybe some of the people in there you mention are on this forum and can verify the version of events.

But in any case smile say please and thank you it gets you a long way here so I've found

That's it then ? in the absence of any rights whatsoever there is a magic trick just smile! and all will be magically solved. This isn't Fraggle Rock immigration you know!

The OP appears to have told the story warts and all including quite a few of his own mistakes. You don't believe him Pollyana ?

As I said I reserve judgment till both sides are heard sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda nanny mcphee

As I said I reserve judgment till both sides are heard sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda nanny mcphee

Can't wait for the immigration official to step forward, sure to happen, and why I bet they'll be at least half a dozen Thai Visa users posting their sworn testimony any time soon.

Cop out statement, it is clear you have made your judgement.

my liking would be every immigration in THailand works with the same rules.Now im 52 and dont have the patience anymore 15years ago..Also I didn't go there for attitude adjustment for my daughter.One day I will be gone and I know daughter will have problems the way(westernstyle) she is.I taught her to speak up if she thinks something wrong

It should be obvious to you and everyone else on this forum that the combination of a pension and money in the bank should be exactly as they said i.e. the money in the bank should be there for three months. If not then anybody could set up a simple pension with a bank or broker paying as little as 5000 baht per month giving a total of 60,000 Bt a year and then put 740,000 in the bank for a few days days( by borrowing it from a friend perhaps) and then expect to get a yearly retirement Visa extension.

It is true that some immigration officers are very easy-going and don't apply the rules very strictly and some do. You are at fault and my experiences that you should have everything strictly covered and it is quite clear what is needed for any type of visa. You should also know that in Thailand whatever happens you should keep your cool be very polite and nice whatever happens and you will never have any trouble.

You are incorrect about the national rules for combo method retirement extensions (income letter plus banked money). Based on written rules which should be applied NATIONALLY, there is absolutely no money seasoning required for the bank portion when using the combo method. The seasoning is needed for the pure bank method (800K) at two months for the first extension and three months for subsequent extensions. The officer who claimed he was following national rules was clearly MISINFORMED. He is enforcing in a NON-STANDARD way. That said, we do know SOME offices do not follow the national rule. The trick is knowing whether your LOCAL office does or not.

Cheers.

As far as the story in the OP, perhaps just perhaps this could have been resolved better without screaming and without denials. When told that office enforces that way, obviously SCREAMING was not the wise response. I have read here there is a way to complain about NON-STANDARD enforcement and potentially get some corrective action which you can find out about by posting here. Whether this would have resolved the retirement extension situation in this case, I don't know and wouldn't bet on, but SCREAMING is always going to make things worse. I can understand the human frustration that leads to SCREAMING, really I do.

Good informative posting.

Why all the "SCREAMING" ?

• Like 1

my liking would be every immigration in THailand works with the same rules.Now im 52 and dont have the patience anymore 15years ago..Also I didn't go there for attitude adjustment for my daughter.One day I will be gone and I know daughter will have problems the way(westernstyle) she is.I taught her to speak up if she thinks something wrong

"I taught her to speak up if she thinks something wrong "

And how's that working for you?

If she behave's like an angry German in Thailand she definitely will have problems.

that means if the teacher says 5+5=11 then she should speak up,I guess u never stayed in thai so I forgive you your totally stupid comment,if you don't like germans because of champions league ,or if you from Australia that's just fine,I give you the "do not go to prison monopoly card

• Like 1

It's a shame that there wasn't a friendly supervisor there to intercede. I can very well understand your frustration. Perhaps some official was there who could hve told the IO that under the combo method, the money in the bank didn't have to be seasoned

• Like 2

Well, it's entirely possible that even though incorrect based on national rules that it is the set policy of that office to enforce that way. So others who use that office might hopefully might be informed about this and be prepared to meet their outlying policies.

I suppose it would be nice of we had a pinned chart of all immigration offices with known enforcement oddities noted. It would quite a task to keep that accurately updated though.

• Like 1

Maybe you could have another go at getting an extension for retirement in about 30 days. Be sure to have your ducks in a row with a copy of the combo method regulation. Ubonjoe can tell you where to find it. PM him if you need to. If the IO turns your extension, you could ask to appeal to a supervisor. Good luck.

I think he was going to be denied anyway that day at that office on the retirement extension seasoning issue. Polite or screaming.

Maybe.

But what did "screaming " achieve ?

Apart from ensuring that every future application will be examined in minute detail?