Army unit helps Isaan folk find 'correct political understanding'

Lite Beer

I wounder what would happen if this country was attacked... after all, the army is in a new job now !

The army never succeeded in destroying communist centres of resistance in the Northeast, the North and the South in the period 1960-1980, they can't keep the peace in the South and they lost a short frontier war with Laos (somewhere to the north of Phitsanulok) in 1987-1988.

They are only good at one thing as shown by Thailand's history from 1932 to the present. A thing called bullying.

Edited by kareona

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai army manipulating the ordinary majority of Thais by "helping" them to "correctly" understand the political situation. Thi is a shame for Thailand. Taking advantage of the poor by undue influence.

Some red shirts did need to be educated regarding democracy. They had the idea that democracy involved preventing the opposing party from campaigning in their ridings. They did this by throwing rocks, bricks, potted plants (seriously), home made bombs etc., they used trucks with loud speakers to drown out politicians during rallies. Clearly those people had a misunderstanding of how democracy should work. The PDRC, on the other hand merely blocked access to voting booths which is a much more democratic way to behave. Truth is, most Thais don't understand real democracy, because they have never experienced it.

"The PDRC, on the other hand merely blocked access to voting booths which is a much more democratic way to behave."

I'm going to send you a nice fruit basket.

Darker days are drawing near.

If the army is going round the villages pointing out "the error of their (political) ways" to people then dark days are here.

What hope is there for a free election?

The elections here were not free for the red shirt mob. It cost them approx Bt 300 per vote.

Actually a very good investment b/c of the exhortation amount of money they "acquired."

I can see the "mock" counting game now. Bt 300 for you and Bt 300,000 for us .......

And the earth is flat according to whoever missed all news updates the last couple of hundred years.

Edited by Bob12345

It seems many of you conveniently forget the red shirt villages with their education centres where anyone against them were afraid to speak out. It will be interesting to actually get a first hand account from someone who has been to one of the army meetings.

What the he!! has that got to do with what's happening today?? Don't you junta lovers see that everything the junta does is not excused by the existence of the bogeyman in Dubai?? When you were a kid and broke a window did your mother buy the argument that "Somchai did it first so it's OK"?

I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right but none of us here have any idea of what goes on at the army meetings. It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta. I don't have one in my closet but I do believe Mr T & his henchmen robbed the country blind at much higher levels than previously seen in this country.

This idea of promoting "correct political understanding" is very similar to a Communist Party of [North] Korea's dissertation ON HAVING A CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE POLITICAL, MORAL AND MATERIAL INCENTIVES, A Talk to the Officials of the Science and Education Department of the Central Committee of the Workers, June 13, 1967.

ON HAVING A CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE POLITICAL.pdf

What's next - a Thung Yang Daeng model for the Northeast?

Thai army manipulating the ordinary majority of Thais by "helping" them to "correctly" understand the political situation. Thi is a shame for Thailand. Taking advantage of the poor by undue influence.

It is a shame - and exactly the same method previously employed by the red shirt militia on behalf of the Shin party.

This idea of promoting "correct political understanding" is very similar to a Communist Party of [North] Korea's dissertation ON HAVING A CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE POLITICAL, MORAL AND MATERIAL INCENTIVES, A Talk to the Officials of the Science and Education Department of the Central Committee of the Workers, June 13, 1967.

attachicon.gifON HAVING A CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE POLITICAL.pdf

What's next - a Thung Yang Daeng model for the Northeast?

As a Shin apologist, you'd be very familiar with this type of approach. Red Shirt political awareness classes (laughingly called democracy schools - very Mao), Red Shirt TV and radio and of course the village PA systems all spouting Shin propaganda.

Thaksin's dream of a one party state, controlled politically by his dynastic family with himself firmly at the head is very similar to what you describe. And just like most of those who embrace that model he wants all the wealth and riches for himself, family and cronies.

It seems many of you conveniently forget the red shirt villages with their education centres where anyone against them were afraid to speak out. It will be interesting to actually get a first hand account from someone who has been to one of the army meetings.

What the he!! has that got to do with what's happening today?? Don't you junta lovers see that everything the junta does is not excused by the existence of the bogeyman in Dubai?? When you were a kid and broke a window did your mother buy the argument that "Somchai did it first so it's OK"?

I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right but none of us here have any idea of what goes on at the army meetings. It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta. I don't have one in my closet but I do believe Mr T & his henchmen robbed the country blind at much higher levels than previously seen in this country.

"I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right..."

Actually, that's exactly what you did.

" It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta."

One of many, Thailand is full of them. But at least the previous bogeymen were elected.

Well we call that kind of influencing: Doing brainwash by the army! My goodness what direction is this country moving!

And sure nobody would do any complain or opposition after brainwash!

Even Thais are already brainwashed from childhood up to they grew up!

I suppose this is the same programme reported on in an Isan news site not long after the coup had taken place.

One of the army personnel involved in the ' re-education ' was asked if villagers complained during the meetings and he supposedly replied " they wouldn't dare. "

Is this part of the Thainess that the govt spokesman criticised the EU for not understanding ? An army unit in villages ' teaching ' correct understanding seems very clear to most of us I suspect.

You vill listen und you vill like it! Othervise, ve have some fishink boats vaiting for you in ze south.

Is this any different to what the various Thaksin parties have done over the last 15 years? Each side is trying to tell the voters that their way is the best way. It's called politics.

Uh, are you trying to write a press release or do you not really understand the difference between a political party and the army?

'This lot' or 'that lot' the message is still the same; do what I/WE say and you will be better off.

"The feedback had been good, Thawat said, with little or no opposition."

Why would 'the opposition' be foolish enough to stick their head above the parapet at this time?

Just out of curiosity how many farangs here taught in red schools or were attending them day in day out?

Two wrongs don't make a right, and if the regular sycophants can't see where all this is heading, then when it all goes to shit, pay yourself on the back for backing a regime that's reminiscent of europes dark days.

The joke is the biggest autocratic group in Thaialnd teaching democracy 555555

Like asking Gary Glitter to teach parenting !!

Edited by Fat Haggis

Funny statement when you consider politicians have been doing this for years!

And for years the electorate could vote them out at election time. Hyperthetically that is, because no government is allowed to serve it's full term without military/rich and powerful interference.

Some red shirts did need to be educated regarding democracy. They had the idea that democracy involved preventing the opposing party from campaigning in their ridings. They did this by throwing rocks, bricks, potted plants (seriously), home made bombs etc., they used trucks with loud speakers to drown out politicians during rallies. Clearly those people had a misunderstanding of how democracy should work. The PDRC, on the other hand merely blocked access to voting booths which is a much more democratic way to behave. Truth is, most Thais don't understand real democracy, because they have never experienced it.

I guess this has to be an attempt at sarcasm?

It was an attempt at thinking.

You should try it sometime, might work wonders...nah probably not.

Good. I hope they spend all the time, effort, and reasources needed to root out as many of the red shirt terrorists as possible.

Yeah with the same vigour and bullshit as the effort they put into finding the Erawan shrine act of terrorism. Oh wait, silly me, blowing up and killing 20 people, including many foreigners in this case wasn't an act of terrorism it was just "revenge" it's only terrorism when there's a political agenda.

You, and several others really ought to look up the definition of terrorism, it might actually surprise you all to see that it's not all about bombs and bullets!!

Did all of the people in Issan get a copy of the Thai version of the Little Red Book, Ala Chairman Mao? So does this mean that all Issan is now convinced that the best practice is to turn swords into plowshares. Now let's see; Thailand is broke, China and Russia both want a little more imperialistic influence in Southeast Asia, (nah, only America is an imperialistic dogmatic state) so I wonder which one will come a knocking with capacity and infrastructure building opportunities...

"I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right..."

Actually, that's exactly what you did.

" It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta."

One of many, Thailand is full of them. But at least the previous bogeymen were elected.

A moot point.

Darker days are drawing near.

If the army is going round the villages pointing out "the error of their (political) ways" to people then dark days are here.

What hope is there for a free election?

since you seem to know all about it maybe you could explain to us all what exactly the people were being told that was so bad, anyone else wants to chip in please do - facts only please, no made up red propaganda

Edited by smedly