Overstay and getting banned

Hi! Guys, I need help about my overstay... I've been wanting to clear this since a long time ago, but unfortunately I didn't have the capacity to sort it out then. I'm now ready to clear my overstay and wishing to come back here again... My entry stamp and the expired visa is stamped on my expired passport. I recently applied for a renewal from the embassy and I've got issued a new one along with the letter from them saying the new passport is a replacement for the expired one. I have been overstaying for 4 years... What problems could I face when leaving Thailand? I'm just planning to fly to nearby country to save money for flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest you fly out and pay the 20,000 baht fine on the way out of the country at the airport.

You will need to show both passports on departure from the country. The old one to show your entry stamp. They will do the overstay and departure stamps in the new one.

You will not have a problem entering the country. But It would be best to get a tourist visa before returning.

Thanks so much! Do you have any idea where those forms came from? I'm speculating that the agent is trying to scare me and give me another option instead with a bigger bribe. So I just told him forget it, if that's the case.

Hi! Guys, I need help about my overstay... I've been wanting to clear this since a long time ago, but unfortunately I didn't have the capacity to sort it out then. I'm now ready to clear my overstay and wishing to come back here again... My entry stamp and the expired visa is stamped on my expired passport. I recently applied for a renewal from the embassy and I've got issued a new one along with the letter from them saying the new passport is a replacement for the expired one. I have been overstaying for 4 years... What problems could I face when leaving Thailand? I'm just planning to fly to nearby country to save money for flights.

I suggest you fly out and pay the 20,000 baht fine on the way out of the country at the airport.

You will need to show both passports on departure from the country. The old one to show your entry stamp. They will do the overstay and departure stamps in the new one.

You will not have a problem entering the country. But It would be best to get a tourist visa before returning.

Did you read the 2 photos?

A bit curious about them.

New or old news.

Yes I've read then and it made me scared. According to him it is a mandate that they just recently released. But I really don't know. I'm ready to fly even tonight but too scared of getting a ban... If that's the case I'll just overstay til I'm ready not to come back to Thailand for yearssss

New or old news.

Very old news! It relates to a proposal which was never (to date) implemented.

Could calling the immigration and asking them about this case help me? I don't wanna stay here illegally anymore :( I'm in good faith that I want to stay here legally. It's just some very bad circumstances that place me in this situation... :( I need proper advice please!!!

I want to come back in a week or 2 sad.png

If you wish to return so soon after clearing a major overstay I suggest.........

1. That you have a tourist or other type of Visa

2. Ensure that you have at least 20,000 Bht (or equivalent) Cash .

One of the easiest means an IO can use to deny entry is a lack of demonstrable finance.

Could calling the immigration and asking them about this case help me? I don't wanna stay here illegally anymore sad.png I'm in good faith that I want to stay here legally. It's just some very bad circumstances that place me in this situation... sad.png I need proper advice please!!!

Calling immigration will be of no help at all.

Follow the advice given in post 61

New or old news.

As I have said several times the rules were never approved.

There has not been a single report of anybody being banned since they first proposed those new rules in May of 2014.

There have only been reports of people leaving and returning after an overstay. There has even one of a person leaving and returning after a 11 year overstay.

Yes I've read then and it made me scared. According to him it is a mandate that they just recently released. But I really don't know. I'm ready to fly even tonight but too scared of getting a ban... If that's the case I'll just overstay til I'm ready not to come back to Thailand for yearssss

Don't worry about it the rules were never approved..

Thanks so much! One more question, should I fly out DMK or the bigger one?

Either airport will be the same.

I had similar position as you but with 11 year overstay. I cleared it at Suvarnabhumi in August last year. The officers were understandably initially hostile when I presented myself (I too had the old passport and a newly issued one). It took approx 30 mins (do you still have the entry card? this seemed quite important but that may have been as I had initially entered in 2003 before system updates). Anyway while they were cold at first it is important to accept the error, be respectful pay the 20k and be on your way. I asked the senior i/o had I been blacklisted and it was confirmed I was not and I departed to KL. I returned a few days later. However as I had not got a visa I was questioned intently on re-entry so if I was in the same position I would follow UbonJoe's advice about getting a tourist visa before returning. Since my re-entry I have not had a problem either getting visas, extensions or re-entering through either land or air borders. I know you must be extremely worried but just brace yourself for a bit of a bit of a grilling and keep cool, dress respectfully and you should be okay. Your agent either doesn't know what the rules are or was trying it on - there was no request for any underhand money to deal with the overstay. The Immigration officers while initially cold were at all time totally professional and while I won't say that we were buddies by the end of the process I departed on friendly enough terms and with the senior i/o (who was watching quite intently) laughing so do not be scared off from doing the right thing. The relief will be amazing as I well recall and the beer in the departure lounge went down a treat...Good luck.

Edited by gilo
  • Like 1

And also, sorry I forgot to answer your question as I'm feeling a bit excited now, after hearing positive feedbacks from you all... Yes I still have that slip attached to my passport... So I guess I'll fly suvarnabhumi tonight... I'll take the late night flight to Vietnam... Wish me luck please! :)

People have been told by immigration officers that they've blacklisted / will be blacklisted, as a way to elicit bribes. Example - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774560-how-does-a-png-blacklist-stamp-look-like-blacklisted-or-not/

Or out of misunderstanding about the new rules not being in effect, or because they're having a bad day.

So just stay calm and as gilo said, I'd dress in a shirt trousers and shoes, and be clean shaven. Other tips are don't say you're working here (obviously) online or otherwise, just say you 'stay with girlfriend' as that will let them know that somewhere there is a Thai person who is probably financially dependent on you. You could say you're planning some day to soon to get married and get a proper visa that way.

And just a week ago, I've contacted some agents who could help me get thru this without getting any problems, at 1st he promised they could help me pass thru the Cambodian boarder with their contact from the immigration, but just last night I've got another message saying they can't do it anymore, as they've started banning people who overstayed... And sent me these two photos. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1444890792.120049.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1444890829.604068.jpg

Unfortunately, the forms lack the form number typically starting with TM and then followed by one or two numerical digits. Asked that agent to resend the pictures so that the form number is also shown.

Original poster here, now with visa extensions for all family members in hand, having paid an overstay fine , having hired a connected consultant, having paid some fees and tips to some non Thai people (NOT immigration) etc. It took several trips to immigration, with detailed letters from the hospital outlining my childmhealth condition, required treatment, length of treatment , that he was not able to leave the hospital , not able to leave ICU, naming the family members that were needed to stay and care for him and why each one was needed. Same day photos of him in ICU with that day's newspaper and the various family members in the frame were provided. That is all in the past.

My problem going forward is not only will my son need to come From another country to the hospital for regular testing and treatment, but that we will possibly need to come several times in emergency situations to see if he needs life saving surgery perhaps that day or week.

That is why I am trying to stay within the rules as much as practical.

Edited by Parkinn2016
  • Like 1

Original poster here, now with visa extensions for all family members in hand, having paid an overstay fine , having hired a connected consultant, having paid some fees and tips to some non Thai people (NOT immigration) etc. It took several trips to immigration, with detailed letters from the hospital outlining my childmhealth condition, required treatment, length of treatment , that he was not able to leave the hospital , not able to leave ICU, naming the family members that were needed to stay and care for him and why each one was needed. Same day photos of him in ICU with that day's newspaper and the various family members in the frame were provided. That is all in the past.

My problem going forward is not only will my son need to come From another country to the hospital for regular testing and treatment, but that we will possibly need to come several times in emergency situations to see if he needs life saving surgery perhaps that day or week.

That is why I am trying to stay within the rules as much as practical.

What non-Thai people can fix Thai immigration problems for cash ? I thought Thais would have that well covered...:) Edited by speedtripler