Samui Rescue locate two tourists lost in the mountains

webfact

It still shows where where the roads that are on the maps are located, and where the closest populated areas are. It's not like they were in the outback or the middle of Siberia.

We went to a waterfall there and missed the last truck ride down. Rather than follow the road we cut through the jungle in a downpour and ended up right where we wanted to be. I didn't even bother to look at my phone. That guy needs to work on his survival skills.

How can you get lost on an island, when you have a smartphone with gps and presumably a map application on it?

The dirt tracks in the middle of the island are on no maps.

Agree PS .... even in daylight it's tough to follow some of the roads, some just lead to a dead end or a farm.... certainly not many 7-11's in that area...and very few signs and from their location at Peak View Restaurant, not much can been seen because of the hilly location. especially at night some areas still don't have electric .... .facepalm.gif

An couple model tourists (at least girl could be a model) hoplessly lost the wilds of darkest dangerous Samui, and they send out half the uniforms on the island? Perhaps a training exercise that could have been a set-up for a feel good story and photo op?

Sent from the tube series.

An couple model tourists (at least girl could be a model) hoplessly lost the wilds of darkest dangerous Samui, and they send out half the uniforms on the island? Perhaps a training exercise that could have been a set-up for a feel good story and photo op?

Samui rescue is a volunteer organization.

The 'holier than thou' brigade have clearly never left the ring road or been off concrete!

Or even been to Samui... you are preaching to the converted... those know-it-alls have moved onto pastures new, (new topics).

What I found strange was that nobody commented on the vehicle being left behind.

We were at Samui airport on the Sunday morning to pick up a rental and could hear a heated telephone conversation at one of the other desks. The gist was that they were refusing to supply another vehicle until they had seen the original and they were extremely heated over the fact that the renter did not know where the vehicle was.

The 'holier than thou' brigade have clearly never left the ring road or been off concrete!

Or even been to Samui... you are preaching to the converted... those know-it-alls have moved onto pastures new, (new topics).

What I found strange was that nobody commented on the vehicle being left behind.

We were at Samui airport on the Sunday morning to pick up a rental and could hear a heated telephone conversation at one of the other desks. The gist was that they were refusing to supply another vehicle until they had seen the original and they were extremely heated over the fact that the renter did not know where the vehicle was.

Probably left to the morning to get it recovered, I am sure there are many Thais around with 4x4's who would soon be able to recover it in daylight.

Probably left to the morning to get it recovered, I am sure there are many Thais around with 4x4's who would soon be able to recover it in daylight.

Yes, but why a recovery, why not just follow the rescue team.

The article title said lost but the text said stranded, broken down or stuck in mud? It was a Toyota Vios and it was very wet on the Saturday.

Many just jumped to conclusions.

I thought it was you who was jumping to conclusions, after earwigging a conversation at the airport.

We do not know even if the vehicle was left behind... but if it was stuck the most important thing was the rescue of the lost/stranded tourists.

I thought it was you who was jumping to conclusions, after earwigging a conversation at the airport.

We do not know even if the vehicle was left behind... but if it was stuck the most important thing was the rescue of the lost/stranded tourists.

"The rescue teams brought the couple to a safe point in the road where they were greeted by about 30 concerned rescue workers, police and news teams. The couple where returned to their hotel by the police while their hire car was taken care of."

Archived