Wet season finishes 11 October 2015

Stevemercer

Today (Monday, 12 October 2015, the wind finally settled out of the north and blew away the clouds and humidity. So that's the end of the wet season for Isaan. We most likely won't get any substantial rain until February when the mini-monsoon comes around. We've had a dry time of it and I've already started trucking water in for my fish ponds at 350 Baht per 12,000 litre truck. I figure the price will only go up as the dry progresses.

Anyway, here's to the coming cooler weather.

I am living just in the north and all it did today was rain. Our rainy season is not over yet but the temp today was great, with the rain it really dropped. I even had the shivers riding home this evening on the scooter and wished I had but on a sweater.

My lake is full has been for sometime we have to keep clearing leaves out of the overflow, its rained a lot in the last couple of weeks in Pranburi though Pranburi dam is far from full

Edited by kannot

Despite the horrific dry spells this year, in the mountains of Phetchabun province we accumulated over 1.5 meters of rain this year with September being the biggest month of rain according to my rain gauge. It's super green and beautiful now. Weather is usually cool in these parts but yesterday it turned suddenly cold and dry to jacket weather as the temps dropped to 15C / 59F.

Here in the west of Khon Kaen prov. about the same.

Just one day earlier. On Sunday 11th we had an incredible storm followed by a cold spell.

It felt bloody cool even in the house.

In neighbouring Loei province (Siberia of Thailand) temperatures fell to 13.5 °C.

Today its partly cloudy and temperatures are mild.

And the weather report also looks like "winter" has begun:

post-99794-0-47114100-1444702711_thumb.j