How my bills in Thailand are ฿8000 baht a month or about (£150, $230)

yacobm8

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you don't have any visa expenses, related travel costs, or health costs in there. These alone run more than 8000/mo for me.

TV extension still runs. Expected 10k for a year ED.

As for the rest check my posts in pages 9 and 10.

Edited by mpa

If you can enjoy yourself on 250 bills a month more power to you. I'm here not to worry about and the cash for awhile. Worry about that in the spring when I go back to work.

I plan on living on the same budget here I do back home just distributed differently

Edited by Rob13

you won't get a year ED for 10k

Wanna bet?

Average price now for a course for 12 months with a EDU Visa is 40K and that is for the bare basics. You forget about Visa runs out of the Country to gain the Visa and then, other course costs.

10K will get you sweet fanny an if it does, you get what you pay for, so it has scam written all over it.

I spend a lot more then 30K a year to stay here legally and it is the cheapest way I can get away with to stay here legal.

>>People on here telling untruths ?<<Yes true ,another guy on here says he pays B2 a unit for electric.The Government rate is between B4 and B 5 (the cheapest rate possible paying direct ) so he is misinformed or lying .

Edited by anto

>>People on here telling untruths ?<<Yes true ,another guy on here says he pays B2 a unit for electric.The Government rate is between B4 and B 5 (the cheapest rate possible paying direct ) so he is misinformed or lying .

Or he have a very nice landlord which pay the difference by himself....

But I think that is in gerneral always the same you can't trust everything what is written in the internet. Too many like to show how wealthy they are, how smart they are or ....

But I think that is in gerneral always the same you can't trust everything what is written in the internet. Too many like to show how wealthy they are, how smart they are or ....

Your man JC (retirecheapasia) supposedly found an apartment in Phayao for 4,000B with the electricity included. That just can't be right, surely. At 4B a muppet who ran the AC full-pelt constantly would burn through an awful lot of electricity.

Your man JC (retirecheapasia) supposedly found an apartment in Phayao for 4,000B with the electricity included. That just can't be right, surely. At 4B a muppet who ran the AC full-pelt constantly would burn through an awful lot of electricity.

This apartment also has Aircon?... Maybe there is electric till some amount included, which is normaly enough as long you only use lights and a fan.

Edited by HampiK

This apartment also has Aircon?... Maybe there is electric till some amount included, which is normaly enough as long you only use lights and a fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPYQfsvC1I

Pull forward to about 1:15. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some kind of catch or misunderstanding.

My cost of living in Pattaya (budget 60.000/month)

Studio room rent 33 sq. m. in hotel with 2 cleanings a week - 8000 baht (Air con room with fan aswell. Balcony and shower room,3rd floor, city center in Soi buakow)

Electric - 1500 baht

water - 100 baht

internet and phone Credit - 800 baht

Transport when drunk - 200/month (bahttaxi)

petrol - 400 baht

Food - 15.000

Total - 26.000 baht

Long and shorttimes + beer = 34.000/month

When people say "shower room", is that the same as "bathroom", i.e. toilet, sink and shower? Pardon my ignorance on the matter.

Shitty aircon-equipment can multiply your living costs. That one guy that told that his water bill is over OP's monthly costs, was a simple dillweed (I'd suppose it was just a troll post). And so were the people making mockery about "electricity included" (perhaps trolling as well).

My house is ~ 165sqm, I have 3 aircon units, dozens of appliances, a couple of computers and 2 TVs (with True-boxes). The electricity bill is between 1200-1600฿ per month, and that's consistent for the last 9 months, while the living room AC-unit has been blasting on "fan"-mode about 12h per day. My water bill is also constantly less than 100฿ ( ~78฿/cubic meter + 7% tax whatever that makes)

Happy that OP can be happy with his girl - keep it up, and try to keep something in the stocking, for when it's needed.

When people say "shower room", is that the same as "bathroom", i.e. toilet, sink and shower? Pardon my ignorance on the matter.

Yes, with usually no curtain so everything gets soaked.

[i'm guessing there must be days in the north where a water heater on a shower is necessary, but if water's stored in tanks at 30C why it's a great thing to be able to make it hotter is beyond me.]

Shitty aircon-equipment can multiply your living costs. That one guy that told that his water bill is over OP's monthly costs, was a simple dillweed (I'd suppose it was just a troll post). And so were the people making mockery about "electricity included" (perhaps trolling as well).

My house is ~ 165sqm, I have 3 aircon units, dozens of appliances, a couple of computers and 2 TVs (with True-boxes). The electricity bill is between 1200-1600฿ per month, and that's consistent for the last 9 months, while the living room AC-unit has been blasting on "fan"-mode about 12h per day. My water bill is also constantly less than 100฿ ( ~78฿/cubic meter + 7% tax whatever that makes)

Happy that OP can be happy with his girl - keep it up, and try to keep something in the stocking, for when it's needed.

You're not using an air con, you are using a fan in the wall.

Aircon on fan mode does not make cool air, it just takes the air from outside and blows it inside.

If you were using the aircon at 26celcius then you would be up to 3500-4000

Aircon on fan mode does not make cool air, it just takes the air from outside and blows it inside.

hi peter, does air conned on fan mode use more electricity then a typical floor fan?

hi peter, does air conned on fan mode use more electricity then a typical floor fan?

a fan is anywhere from 60 to 150 per hour, about the same as the fan setting on an AC

I rarely use water or AC, and my water bill is 550 baht/month and the electricity bill is 2000-3000. I pay about 8000 baht/month on visa-related costs to stay here. I can't begin to imagine how 8000/mo is possible... that would be a real challenge just for rent+food+water, even foregoing any visa costs.

You forgot that there are 2 other units, tho usage is not as frequent as the fanning ac on living room. Largest bill was in June (had to check, it was 2000฿), when there were friends visiting, and they used the second bedroom aircon always when they were using it (8-10h/day perhaps), so I guess a few hundred baht more from the baseline, certainly not thousands. If you have ancient AC units, then the difference could be measured in thousands, sure.

Again the fact that you think the fan is "using hte AC" and that you refer to your friends as "using the AC" with no mention of the setting and temperature just shows that you have absolutely no idea about electricity consumption of AC units as you are not even using the compressor.

Temperatures of 27 vs 22 can mean a difference of a few thousands baht at the end of the month

Edited by bearpolar

Again the fact that you think the fan is "using hte AC" and that you refer to your friends as "using the AC" with no mention of the setting and temperature just shows that you have absolutely no idea about electricity consumption of AC units as you are not even using the compressor.

Temperatures of 27 vs 22 can mean a difference of a few thousands baht at the end of the month

Or then you're just trying to bullshit your way around. The default AC settings in the bedroom units are 26 celcius (small-ish 24000btu units), so in your mind even the default settings should produce me 2000-3000baht more per month, which they don't. The living room AC in fan mode does still use electricity, dependless of whether you think it does or does not, though obviously not as much as having the compressor trying to cool the large living room all the time meanwhile. But none of your introduced variables have any bearing, other than the fact that you're being ripped off, if a single unit can manage you a headache, while three of mine have more or less a meaningless effect on the electricity bill (or usage) so far - dependless on the settings - and the bills are a bit more precise than TV posts to be honest.

Again you manage to think that "a difference of a few thousand baht from 27 to 22" means you'd pay 2000 baht extra for 26.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Everything you've said is complete nonsense and your explanations are very similar to random babbles from anti-vaxxers

a fan is anywhere from 60 to 150 per hour, about the same as the fan setting on an AC

60-150 baht an hour?

that sounds far to expensive.