which is the Best condo in Bangkok?

I recently happened to visit Phrakanong for a few daysstruck me as a very cool place with its own bts station.no touristsslightly laid back local vibe.15 min tops to Asok BTS.i am guessing 30k would go a long way there.

You're right. Lot's of good value condos in that range and below in Phra Khanong or as we now call it, mid-town Bangkok...

I'm looking at one condo in Phra khanong too, name WYNE sukhumvit and the budget is in my range too. Anyone live around there or got some any more suggestion?

Why would you want to live next to the main road and breathing in the exhaust of heavy traffic?

Because it's next to the BTS. If you're going to live and work in Bangkok the pollution is just one more thing to put up with.

There are projects a couple of hundreds metres from main roads where noise and pollution are reduced by dividing factors from 10 to 20.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy prices.

I live in an High Rise on the 25th floor in a 85m², 2 bedroom, European style appartment with a fully equipted European Kitchen, large balcony with a view, and a swimming pool and 2 tenniscourts. I pay 13.495 Baht per month , incuding water, maintenance en security. And that in an almost 99.99 Thai middle class enviroment. 40 minutes for Downtown by car.

Crazy prices.

I live in an High Rise on the 25th floor in a 85m², 2 bedroom, European style appartment with a fully equipted European Kitchen, large balcony with a view, and a swimming pool and 2 tenniscourts. I pay 13.495 Baht per month , incuding water, maintenance en security. And that in an almost 99.99 Thai middle class enviroment. 40 minutes for Downtown by car.

Forty minutes by car around which time of the day or night? Chonburi is also 40 mins by car to downtown Bangkok, after midnight.

Sorry to tell you, but with 30'000 baht you not near the best condo in bkk near MRT/BTS.

But with 30K you can have a good condo 1-2 bedroom about 50m2.

For your question in the first post about the best condo.... I also would go direction "The River". But because you also asked about Expat comunity i would go more near sukhumvit street (nana thonglor, .....) There are also some nice condos which can be in your price range.

Me personally not like to live in sukhumvit area, too much tourists. But difficult to find a good area which will not have tourists....

Your last statement makes one wonder why they/you would want to pay high prices in a city with a high tourist count, lots of rain and flooding, pollution, grid lock traffic hmm. A word starting with M comes to mind. I pay a little more than 1/10 of that in a city where the quality of life is much better well IMHO anyways. We have a pool close to everything no car or motorbike needed. Keeping up with the Jones I suspect. I guess the more we pay in rent the more we look like a successful person. Look at me I have made it.

If everybody would feel same you..then you would have a problem (everybody want stay at same place as you want).. that's human that there are differen things which people like.

And quality of life also depends of what you want. There could be many reason why someone choose BKK. But if you want stay in Asia with good connection, I think it is not that easy to find something else which is sooo much better than BKK (at least for me).

You have good access to airport were you can fly amost everywhere. the transportation system (BTS/MRT) is good and fast. Traffice is horrible there but a car is not needed. You have access to good health service (hospitals) and if you need something it is easy to find (buy). If you want eat foreign food it is also easy go near SIAM area and you will find a restaurant which is for your taste.

Please tell me where you can life of 10% of the cost from BKK with a better lifestyle? After you telling me which city you mean, then i can compare this for myself, as everybody has different reasons.

Crazy prices.

Forty minutes by car around which time of the day or night? Chonburi is also 40 mins by car to downtown Bangkok, after midnight.

Rush hour 07.30 am. Parimonton Western part.

Crazy prices.

Would take at least 30 mins just to drive over Sathorn bridge...?

I don' know if it is the best but THE RIVER is a good location, they also have service apartments.

I've stayed for a couple months at the River. And also lived at Urbano Absolute for months which is also good. In both cases I have stayed for less than 30K for one bedroom for one month.

The River is very good. It has it's own boat to take you across the river.

Urbano is very close to BTS.

OP, one idea is to look at AirBnB. This will give you an idea of costs for rentals. And in fact you might want to "try before you buy" and rent somewhere via AirBnB before you move there.

As far as your other objectives. I don't think there is much of an expat community over here in Thon Buri (The River/Urbano). I think other neighborhoods would have to be better.

Finally, both the River and Urbano are getting very nervous about daily/weekly rentals. They do not want short termers. You do NOT sound like a short termer. Just saying if you are, you might be limited.

Crazy prices.

Would take at least 30 mins just to drive over Sathorn bridge...?

I live in the Chaeng Wattana area so I take the Express way, and go of in Silom. There is also an arco Bus and Vans going dowtown.

I live in a 160 sqm apartment in Prompomg. It has badminton, tennis courts swimming pools and lots of restaurants etc all around it. Most importantly its 25 mins door to door for work.

Its perfect for me but as we have seem from this thread people put different importance on different aspects of living, otherwise everyone would want to live in the same place.

I don' know if it is the best but THE RIVER is a good location, they also have service apartments.

I've stayed for a couple months at the River. And also lived at Urbano Absolute for months which is also good. In both cases I have stayed for less than 30K for one bedroom for one month.

OP, one idea is to look at AirBnB. This will give you an idea of costs for rentals. And in fact you might want to "try before you buy" and rent somewhere via AirBnB before you move there.

As far as your other objectives. I don't think there is much of an expat community over here in Thon Buri (The River/Urbano). I think other neighborhoods would have to be better.

Finally, both the River and Urbano are getting very nervous about daily/weekly rentals. They do not want short termers. You do NOT sound like a short termer. Just saying if you are, you might be limited.

Hello

I have an condo at Urbano, and yes they not like to have daily/weekly rentals. It's already less than a few months before. But this is good. As I told in another thread this condo management takes care about condo owners who tries to rent out on less than 1 month.

I love Urbano, because of the beautifull swimming pool on the 40th floor. And the view is great from there.

Crazy prices.

Are there any Bts station or Mrt around Changwattana area ? If need to go by car isn't jam? Bangkok road is very horrible .

Edited by FRIDAYMe

Hello

I have an condo at Urbano, and yes they not like to have daily/weekly rentals. It's already less than a few months before. But this is good. As I told in another thread this condo management takes care about condo owners who tries to rent out on less than 1 month.

I love Urbano, because of the beautifull swimming pool on the 40th floor. And the view is great from there.

Urbano absolute condo is one of my choices too. my Thai friend live there and she said its has a lot of foreigners stay but now I am trying to compare which condo in bangkok will suit me best.

Crazy prices.

Are there any Bts station or Mrt around Changwattana area ? If need to go by car isn't jam? Bangkok road is very horrible .

There aren't BTS or MRT stations, but theires a shutle bus to Chatuchak , and a wel organized mini van station with Vans to several destitinations to downtown . In front my conda passing Songteaws, Motosai and Taxis. Motosai to minivan bussatation 20 Baht, Songgtaew 8 Baht. Even an airco bus

Plenty of public transport

http://www.impact.co.th/index.php/visitor/direction/en#bus

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-rent/1?listing_type=rent&search_type=district&listing_sub_type=&property_type=N&property_type_code[]=CONDO&region_code=&district_code=&transportation_type=&zone_ids=6610013&sub_zone_id=66100055&neighborhood_district_code=&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&minprice=&min_price_text=&maxprice=&max_price_text=&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=&minsize_land=&maxsize_land=&freetext=&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&is_commercial=&submit=

I had to take the bts a few weeks ago. What a disaster. Crush of ugly, lost tourists, hipsters, sex tourists and riffraff mixed with pushy Thai's. Came home and told my wife we will never be buying anything on the bts line lol.

God...the body odor.

I had to take the bts a few weeks ago. What a disaster. Crush of ugly, lost tourists, hipsters, sex tourists and riffraff mixed with pushy Thai's. Came home and told my wife we will never be buying anything on the bts line lol.

God...the body odor.

This can easily be avoided. Stay at Asoke, and work in the Bangna area.

God...the body odor.

It's a joy compared to the London Underground, New York subway and most other similar transport systems in the world's cities.

Maybe you need to get out more!

'The River' condos are small and overpriced and the Common Fee/ Community Charge is high I believe. All Raimon Land Condo developments have high Common Fees/ Monthly Maintenance Fees. Further it will be under Water in 10 years !

Small? Many sizes available. My condo is 130m2. Common fee 70 thb/m2/month. This is high but the expenses to run the 5 swimming pools, lights, boat etc are high. Overprised maybe yes, depends how you look at it. As investment not the best choice but to live in is excellent. Fastest elevators in BKK, sound proof condo, double glass etc...very safe excellent security, enough parking space. Under water in 10 years? Maybe in 100 yes. There are a lot of issues whith the juristic drpartment but I have no idea if this is more or less compared with other condo's in Bangkok.

'The River' condos are small and overpriced and the Common Fee/ Community Charge is high I believe. All Raimon Land Condo developments have high Common Fees/ Monthly Maintenance Fees. Further it will be under Water in 10 years !

Small? Many sizes available. My condo is 130m2. Common fee 70 thb/m2/month. This is high but the expenses to run the 5 swimming pools, lights, boat etc are high. Overprised maybe yes, depends how you look at it. As investment not the best choice but to live in is excellent. Fastest elevators in BKK, sound proof condo, double glass etc...very safe excellent security, enough parking space. Under water in 10 years? Maybe in 100 yes. There are a lot of issues whith the juristic drpartment but I have no idea if this is more or less compared with other condo's in Bangkok.

I agree. Just checked out The River is very nice and complete with all facilities. There is a community mall too. I kinda like this condo but over my budget and just like what you have mentioned it is good to long term stay but not for invest.

[] for example Sukhumvit is popular with foreigners, but there are a lot of street hookers []

Absolutely, old girl; wouldn't want to live near all those diseased "sex workers", would one?

Should one wants to avoid living near sex workers, go for buildings with no studio and 1-bedroom units. Foreigners usually rent 2-bedroom or larger units to house their wives and kids..

Just to clarify, what bothers me (about Nana/Asok) is being approached and/or grouped by ladyboys and working girls when running an errand during nighttime, not just living in an area where sex workers also live.

the Thai saying " the fleas come with the dog"

Why you want to stay near Sukhumvhit, pay 5x as much and put up with all the crap?

Can rent nice condo in the suburbs, under 10k, straight from owner; no BS

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I thought it was the "Law" in Bangkok that you couldn't rent your condo out for less than 30 days (certainly there are signs around the Trendy Condos on Soi 13 that imply it is so I had to book one for 30 days even though I only wanted to stay 28, though as it turned out I had to leave after 10).

But agree with the "Try before you Buy" approach of booking somewhere on AirBnB before committing long term.

Edited by JB300

I thought it was the "Law" in Bangkok that you couldn't rent your condo out for less than 30 days (certainly there are signs around the Trendy Condos on Soi 13 that imply it is so I had to book one for 30 days even though I only wanted to stay 28, though as it turned out I had to leave after 10).

It's the law everywhere in Thailand, but rarely applied.

It's the law everywhere in Thailand, but rarely applied.

Hello

But agree with the "Try before you Buy" approach of booking somewhere on AirBnB before committing long term.

yah " It's the law everywhere in Thailand, but rarely applied. " agree

I just found on Airbnb Urbano condo for weekly rent but now already know it is illegal.

"Best" is dependent upon your perspective and needs. Just before the holidays, TVers post dozens of requests reading similar to, "Name me the best value for a Sunday roast and Christmas dinner." Of course "best value" means "the cheapest".

"Best" is dependent upon your perspective and needs. Just before the holidays, TVers post dozens of requests reading similar to, "Name me the best value for a Sunday roast and Christmas dinner." Of course "best value" means "the cheapest".

I disagree. When I comment on "best value" I mean "for the price". A 1000B meal can be just as good value as a 40B bowl of noodle soup, and I like both of them when they are done properly. Equally a 1000B meal can be inedible, and a 40B bowl of soup can be little more than water and salt. Those ones are the ones to avoid.

It's the same with condos. You can find a good value 20MB place and a good value 2MB place, though they probably wont be very similar to each other.

I disagree. When I comment on "best value" I mean "for the price". A 1000B meal can be just as good value as a 40B bowl of noodle soup, and I like both of them when they are done properly. Equally a 1000B meal can be inedible, and a 40B bowl of soup can be little more than water and salt. Those ones are the ones to avoid.

It's the same with condos. You can find a good value 20MB place and a good value 2MB place, though they probably wont be very similar to each other.

So do I.

What I mean best condo also depends on its price and condo's quality. Doesn't mean only high price condo will be the best condo. It might be some cheap condo Bangkok but full with convenience.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have experience of living/renting at Royce Private residences soi sawatdi close to Sukumvit 33 Asok?

That's inside Soi Sukhumvit 31, about one kilometre from the main road.

Thank you. I haven't visited this accommodation but looks a pretty nice and well run place from the info I can find on it. Will visit it in a couple of weeks time when I am back in Bangkok

Does anyone have experience of living/renting at Royce Private residences soi sawatdi close to Sukumvit 33 Asok?

That's inside Soi Sukhumvit 31, about one kilometre from the main road.

Thank you. I haven't visited this accommodation but looks a pretty nice and well run place from the info I can find on it. Will visit it in a couple of weeks time when I am back in Bangkok

Decent building, but very busy traffic around there especially in the morning. School just across the road and another school around the corner. 7/11 Directly opposite but a decent walk to the nearest supermarket. Its not on what you would classify as main Soi 31, its sort of between two sois.