Video: Bear Shot After Shopping Centre Dash

Jonathan Fairfield

Brown bear shot in shopping mall in eastern Russia

A Russian brown bear has become trapped in a shopping mall in the eastern city of Khabarovsk.

CCTV footage showed the traumatised bear roaming round the empty shopping centre.

The animal was eventually shot by police.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-15

That's a very young and frightened bear. They should have shot it with a tranquilizer dart and hauled it back to its habitat.

In North America similar bears of the same subspecies would be called Kodiak Bears or Grizzly Bears. As adults they are huge and beautiful.

I call foul.

Edited by NeverSure

That's a very young and frightened bear. They should have shot it with a tranquilizer dart and hauled it back to its habitat.

In North America similar bears of the same subspecies would be called Kodiak Bears or Grizzly Bears. As adults they are huge and beautiful.

I call foul.

attachicon.gifzzz.jpg

Oh S**t, you mentioned non-lethals.

SeaStallion will be along any moment to turn this into a ban all guns thread biggrin.png

I call foul.

attachicon.gifzzz.jpg

Oh S**t, you mentioned non-lethals.

SeaStallion will be along any moment to turn this into a ban all guns thread biggrin.png

Should have just contained it in the mall and invited the big heroic American big game hunters to blow its brains out for for USD 5k, canned lions so last year, its malled bears this year rolleyes.gif

Boring sound byte cliche. Yawn.