Why stay in Thailand if everything is bad (according to some)

robblok

Respect to anyone who takes time to learn Thai, its not an easy language to master, but from what I can see from the expressions on the Thai faces when you try is all worth the effort.

the universal language in Thailand

which is understood in all provinces:

252px-Thai_money.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful temples, commercial sex, nice climate, commercial sex,low cost of living, commercial sex,... I could continue, but probably you get the idea. Just a little more seriously, I have often asked myself the same question, and can't come up with a better answer.

here's my better answer laugh.png

free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services,

Free of income tax? How do you manage that?

i am a retiree, no Thai domestic but only offshore income = no income tax. as simple as that.

applies to anybody except citizens of the "Greatest Nation on Earth™" and Eritrea; both countries demand taxes from their citizens no matter where they live.

freedom is soon finished.

CRS coming in 2017.

Edited by VIPinthailand

Respect to anyone who takes time to learn Thai, its not an easy language to master, but from what I can see from the expressions on the Thai faces when you try is all worth the effort.

252px-Thai_money.jpg

Oh dear, very shallow.

Beautiful temples, commercial sex, nice climate, commercial sex,low cost of living, commercial sex,... I could continue, but probably you get the idea. Just a little more seriously, I have often asked myself the same question, and can't come up with a better answer.

here's my better answer laugh.png

free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services, free of income tax, no 20% VAT on goods and services,

Free of income tax? How do you manage that?

i am a retiree, no Thai domestic but only offshore income = no income tax. as simple as that.

applies to anybody except citizens of the "Greatest Nation on Earth™" and Eritrea; both countries demand taxes from their citizens no matter where they live.

Ah, ok. British retirees I believe still have to pay UK tax on UK pension income. I have to pay bloody Thai income tax on my Thai income.

252px-Thai_money.jpg

Oh dear, very shallow.

not shallow but precise. anybody denying this fact is a dreamer whistling.gif

252px-Thai_money.jpg

Oh dear, very shallow.

or a newbie laugh.png

Lots of true reality responses as to why. Additionally I think many posters become jaded sitting around reading Thai forums. They start to compare themselves to others and think some how they screwed up, cant do anything to change it, become bitter and now can't leave. Being an infrequent poster I do not get caught up in all the hype, the frustrations and nonsense some post so my life here in Thailand is great. I know exactly what it has and doesn't have to offer. Honestly I would have to say 85% of what people whinge about on here I do not even see nor give it a second thought. I never understood why expats get spun up complaining about something they cannot change. For Christs Sake, Leave. Its easy. If you can't, oh well just bide your time until you exit. Its a known medical fact that negative people have far more stress related health illnesses versus people who are off living life.

I also believe a great deal with it has to do with the age and demeanor of the poster.

I ain't leaving - too many exciting things to do. Tomorrow, I have a full itinerary.

Baht bus to the local I/O; stand in a queue; listen to all the other sad sacks & then a baht bus home.

That is just the beginning of another fun-packed day in paradise.

In the evening, a very important meeting - meet the teeruk for a romantic meal by the seaside. My favourite - peanut butter sandwiches.

I have a great time in Thailand. Always there is plenty happening around the world related to my NGO activities to keep me busy. The only negativity I tend to deal with -- other than courtesy of my Thai neighbors' dogs -- is on this website wherein a few individuals seem to repeatedly spend time trying to convince me as to what a failure I am in life.

Great question!

Short answer is they don't have what it takes to make it back home. Let's face it... when one is rich and handsome.... it will be paradise anywhere on earth.

So they come to places where is it much cheaper than back home.... where they are within proximity to women who THINK they got some cash or that its marrying "up" by going with a farang (even poor one).... .

They hate their current predicament and the fact that they are quite 'stuck' and thus vent all their impotent rage on this country and people who hosts them, instead of looking long and hard into the mirror to identify the REAL SOURCE of their anger/hurt/disappointment/sadness.

252px-Thai_money.jpg

Oh dear, very shallow.

or a newbie laugh.png

Or a whinger?

Lots of true reality responses as to why. Additionally I think many posters become jaded sitting around reading Thai forums. They start to compare themselves to others and think some how they screwed up, cant do anything to change it, become bitter and now can't leave. Being an infrequent poster I do not get caught up in all the hype, the frustrations and nonsense some post so my life here in Thailand is great. I know exactly what it has and doesn't have to offer. Honestly I would have to say 85% of what people whinge about on here I do not even see nor give it a second thought. I never understood why expats get spun up complaining about something they cannot change. For Christs Sake, Leave. Its easy. If you can't, oh well just bide your time until you exit. Its a known medical fact that negative people have far more stress related health illnesses versus people who are off living life.

I also believe a great deal with it has to do with the age and demeanor of the poster.

Agree with your sentiments, especially the boldface comments. Good advice. I don't know why people would have a problem with that advice. If I was speaking with a hardened racist who has nothing but hate and contempt for the locals, I'd advise him to go back home. I would be doing him a favor...if only he'd take my advice. So if an expat is truly not happy in Thailand, go home. Everybody wins. What's the problem?

I think those people just forgot to remember why they moved and be honest with themselves that they love it here more as back home. Or they are just not logical because if its not better here as where you came from going back is easy.

Maybe some are the kind that need to put people down to feel better. I have known people like that back in the Netherlands They loved putting people down to feel better about not having done much in life themselves.

It's not as if you've made a success of it!

Who knows, but at least I don't have to put people down to feel better. I am happy with what I have.

I do know that I prefer to be here in the sun then in the dark and cold back in the Netherlands.

So you are basically here for the climate? fair enough, its as good as any reason. I come from a better climate, at least in my opinion.

For me it was mainly cost of living + ease of getting a visa for a few years.

Once the visa option was gone, I was out.

555 almost every farang immigrants here are whingers and moaners...

Only none of us are immigrants!

EMIGRATED from our native country.

IMMIGRANTED into LOS.

That will be B500!

Don't know about you, but the stamps on my passport clearly state non-immigrant. Thais don't encourage immigration, they just tolerate us non-immigrant as long as we bring in the dough. Fine by me, but don't expect me to integrate into your pre-paid society. Instead I'll bitch, moan, laugh at idiots and stick my finger in the eyes since I am an evil farang, just as ordered.

555 almost every farang immigrants here are whingers and moaners...

Only none of us are immigrants!

EMIGRATED from our native country.

IMMIGRANTED into LOS.

That will be B500!

Don't know about you, but the stamps on my passport clearly state non-immigrant. Thais don't encourage immigration, they just tolerate us non-immigrant as long as we bring in the dough. Fine by me, but don't expect me to integrate into your pre-paid society. Instead I'll bitch, moan, laugh at idiots and stick my finger in the eyes since I am an evil farang, just as ordered.

I can see how you garner so little respect from the Thais. I would classify this as self-inflicted.

Edited by Berkshire

do you think you are welcome in any country without dough? if yes, keep on dreaming whistling.gif